• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LordWillo

Recruit
40 Badges
Apr 1, 2015
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Good day to everyone.

In the years I collected a bunch of Paradox games (Tiranny, HOI3, EUIII, EUIV, Darkest Hour, ecc.).
I was able, after buiyng the Origins DLC to get through the launcher without any issue but since some months I'm not able to get to work it anymore.

I have a Laptop an all my games and of course Steam are installed on an external hard disk.
I already tryed many ways to solve the problem but nothing.

May I ask for some help?

ps. Of course I have got the complete set of DLC from EUIV ;) I'm kinda a fan

Of those games you list, only EU4 uses the new launcher.

Please try this:

- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

Delete the following folders if still present:

- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

- exit the Steam app entirely
- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run the game from the PLAY button in Steam

IF that doesn't help, in this folder are some .log files:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Please attach them here.

Of those games you list, only EU4 uses the new launcher.

Please try this:

- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

Delete the following folders if still present:

- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

- exit the Steam app entirely
- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run the game from the PLAY button in Steam

IF that doesn't help, in this folder are some .log files:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Please attach them here.
Hi Andrew,

Thank you. Unfortunatly it didn't help.
When I try to run the game the setup window (for the Launcher) says Invalid Drive.
I attached the logs hereunder btw.

Thank you!

Attachments

• invalid Drive.png
    invalid Drive.png
    1,1 MB · Views: 0
  • launcher-dowser.log
    769 bytes · Views: 0
  • launcher-installer.log
    49,2 KB · Views: 0
The 1603/1605 errors we see there are typically a previous other installation stuck, or a problem in the Windows update/install processes.

If you see msiexec running in Task manager-processes, kill it and try this launcher install again please.

Otherwise run the Update app in Windows, does it load okay, find anything to apply - whether a patch, update, or whole new Windows 10 version? If so do that and reboot, then try this launcher install again please.

If still no good, do you see Paradox Launcher v2 in the Windows Control Panel to uninstall? If so does it uninstall cleanly, or get an error doing that? Use this MS tool to remove that stuck in stall/uninstall:

1660166000992.png

Hello, I also faced the same problem. I rummaged through all the forums, as the launcher refused to work, as a result, I could hardly remove it, and instead of the old error, a new one appeared, associated with drive F, which is currently under repair and is not on the computer. Can you advise on this problem?

View attachment 867012
Hello, I also faced the same problem. I rummaged through all the forums, as the launcher refused to work, as a result, I could hardly remove it, and instead of the old error, a new one appeared, associated with drive F, which is currently under repair and is not on the computer. Can you advise on this problem?
Did you use the MS tool I linked? It should fix this.

Yes, I have used it. He helped with the removal of the program, but does not detect it in the downloads
Well, with that and deleting the folders I listed, the installer ought not to be referencing F: any more. You sure you did all that?

Oh, was your Windows User Documents folder held on F: ? If so you have to re-point it to somewhere that actually exists, such as the default C:/users/<UserName>/Documents/ folder.

Oh, was your Windows User Documents folder held on F: ? If so you have to re-point it to somewhere that actually exists, such as the default C:/users/<UserName>/Documents/ folder.
This folder was stored and is stored on drive C, and the default download is set to it

p.s I was able to install the launcher on another user, but the launcher is still not available on my main account

Attachments

• изображение_2022-08-11_155750550.png
    изображение_2022-08-11_155750550.png
    36,3 KB · Views: 0
  • launcher-installer.log
    48,9 KB · Views: 0
  • launcher-dowser.log
    762 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
That screenshot shows your program files location, not your Windows User Documents location.

In any case there are still 1603/5 errors in that log, so we're still at the position I outlined in post #4 above - there's a stuck install/uninstall there. If that MS tool cannot find or fix it, you can try the two free utilities Ccleaner and Revo Uninstaller.

That screenshot shows your program files location, not your Windows User Documents location.

In any case there are still 1603/5 errors in that log, so we're still at the position I outlined in post #4 above - there's a stuck install/uninstall there. If that MS tool cannot find or fix it, you can try the two free utilities Ccleaner and Revo Uninstaller.
Ok, thanks

Dear both,

I tried all the solutions listed above and nothing happened.
Plus yesterday i bought HOI4 and some dlcs, I'm able to play it skipping the launcher because if I try to open the launcher the "Invalid drive" message pop up.
Did you use the MS tool I linked? It should fix this.