• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SophieEd

Recruit
Sep 11, 2022
I have 358 hours on this game so far, but yesterday and today my game has failed to launch. It says "A launcher update has failed. The action failed because we could not fetch metadata about this resource. This means our servers are having hiccups or your internet connection is not stable enough." I have google fiber and I know it is not an internet issue. Every time I try to resume my game it just crashes. Please let me know what to do. I did the whole uninstall Paradox Launcher and the associated folders thing and it did not work. Here is my log files. Please help.

Attachments

• cpatch.log
    9,7 KB · Views: 0
  • launcher-bootstrapper.log
    2,1 KB · Views: 0
  • launcher-dowser.log
    581 bytes · Views: 0
  • launcher-installer.log
    131,9 KB · Views: 0
Is the game you are trying to resume from the previous patch 1.6.1.2 ? If so please revert to that version in the Steam Beta stab for this game to continue it.

Note that issue will be unrelated to your launcher problem:
2022-09-11 14:21:50 [repository] [WARNING] Error in response: Get : signing TTL received is too close to current time (threshold of 60 sec)
This error means your computer is not on good internet time, which confuses our servers. Go into the Date&Time control panel and make sure Set Time Automatically is ON. Then hit the Sync Now button.

Then run the game again, the launcher will probably update itself now.

All the best!

Is the game you are trying to resume from the previous patch 1.6.1.2 ? If so please revert to that version in the Steam Beta stab for this game to continue it.

Note that issue will be unrelated to your launcher problem:

This error means your computer is not on good internet time, which confuses our servers. Go into the Date&Time control panel and make sure Set Time Automatically is ON. Then hit the Sync Now button.

Then run the game again, the launcher will probably update itself now.

All the best!
thx