• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The beta is now 2020.17-something ... not sure what's going on in your case. Please try this:

- exit the Steam app entirely
- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

Delete the following folders if still present:

- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run the game from the PLAY button in Steam

IF that doesn't help, in this folder are some .log files:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Please attach them here.

I followed the steps above, and it solved my problem. Thank you. (FYI, I am running AVG)

Wow I was expecting to check a million more threads about this problem, it only took 5 to find the solution lol

Thanks guys! I confirm this solves the bootstrapper launcher error that is linked with being flagged by some AV programs.

I am a problem with bootstrapper error I've tried number of ways to fix this problem but luck, I would have thought it would have been solved by paradox by Now. Game is city skylines

I am a problem with bootstrapper error I've tried number of ways to fix this problem but luck, I would have thought it would have been solved by paradox by Now. Game is city skylines
As the post before yours says, this is an AV issue, and in fact is new since the end of last year - it's quite unrelated to the issue that started this thread. Do you have Avast, AVG or kaspersky?