• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SephirothWS

Second Lieutenant
21 Badges
Jan 3, 2019
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Changes?

s1jwwsl.png

Also, it appears there's been nothing done to remove the advertising at the bottom of the main launcher section here with those 3 massive panels. I would like to turn that off for a clean experience.

You'll never be able to turn off the ads so if that's what you're hoping for I'm afraid I just dashed your dreams ;)!
The new version includes additional logs for debugging so it's more support facing than customer facing as well as a tweak to how mods are loaded. More details will be shared once it's actually released.

Maybe it's because you are still opted in to the Beta in Launcher Settings? The officially released version is 2021.9 and as you can see here there's no pending update. Unless you really have a reason to be in the Beta I'd consider opting out.

1637610427899.png

Maybe it's because you are still opted in to the Beta in Launcher Settings? The officially released version is 2021.9 and as you can see here there's no pending update. Unless you really have a reason to be in the Beta I'd consider opting out.
This doesn't answer the question about why I have to have ads shoved down my throat for software I have purchased. As you can see in the screenshot you provided, those ads are still present. I am also requesting removal of these ads, or at least an opt-out toggle in the launcher settings dialog that has PLENTY of room for an additional option to be added...

e: A quick forum search for 2021.9 brings up no changelog for 2021.9 either, latest changelogs we had were for 2021.8rc2

Last edited:
That facility is not only used for ads related to the game in use, but notifications of patches, availability of betas, and other useful announcements.

Checking my other launchers there seems to be no way of disabling ads or notifications in Epic, Steam, the Xbox app or the Civ6 launcher either.

Reactions:
That facility is not only used for ads related to the game in use
So in the OP of this thread, the Empire of Sin ad is related to Stellaris, ... how?

You're dancing around my question, I know Steam has their problems with ads in the client *Staring at you What's New Shelf* ... However there has been hundreds of requests on the Steam Community forums for a toggle for it. Please don't pull a Valve and continue this practice.

This doesn't answer the question about why I have to have ads shoved down my throat for software I have purchased. As you can see in the screenshot you provided, those ads are still present. I am also requesting removal of these ads, or at least an opt-out toggle in the launcher settings dialog that has PLENTY of room for an additional option to be added...

e: A quick forum search for 2021.9 brings up no changelog for 2021.9 either, latest changelogs we had were for 2021.8rc2
its particularly annoying when those ads are for things you already own.

I would recommend you switch to Irony Mod Manager, a community made launcher for most paradox games. It is far more functional, has superb features like linking directly to mod directories, has vastly superior performance and increased reliablitlity compared to paradox's... "effort" - and perhaps most importantly... no half screen ads for things you've already paid for. Make the transition today, its free!

Attachments

• whyhavethese.JPG
    whyhavethese.JPG
    137,8 KB · Views: 0