• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jester

El Jeffe De La Verca Del Fuego
66 Badges
Feb 26, 2001
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Ver 1.1 by Mad King James
-fixed several CTDs

Ver 1.2 bugfixes-mainly by JESTER

-CHANGES-
-Changed Irish-English setup and events to give England cores on Ireland with event#3826
-added in province changes from AGC/EEP for Polish-Lithuania-Baltic region
-changed PRU leader Alte Dessaur dates to 1709-1745
-added Brabant monarch to end of list so Brabant 'named' monarch does not live forever. :)

-BUGSFIXED-
-added Morea monarch file from AGC
-deleted Polish army that shared ID with Masovia
-fixed France HYW event#100017
-Horde revolters (Crimea, Astrakhan) start with Tatar(Naskapi) culture
-fixed "Diet entry in Bohemian monarch file
-Morea is only a vassal of Byzantium once now
-REMOVECOT events fixed for Poland
-Removed Nogai entry from Revolt.txt
-Removed Lithuanian culture
-fixed Event#20125-Germans in Danzig
-Kurland now has a capital in Revolt.txt
-replaced FRA event#3104 with #1000060 from HYW
-removed Burgundy event "Crown of France"
-AMI tag now refers to Lan Xang
-fixed Livonian orders shields

Ver 1.21

-BUGFIXES
-fixed event #1000001, 1000004, 1000008, and 1000009 text descriptions
-added HYW event #1000090 to removecot and noremovecot
-fixed the accent over the e in Dauphine file
-removed DAI from list of starting countries
-Ramazan(RAG) has right monarchs now
-List of Hercegovina Dukes placed at the end of the Bosnian monarch file, fixing BOS-RAG monarch conflict
-changed AMI to TEK in Ghazi events
-Mazandaran now has monarchs
-Explorer and Conquistador will now spawn in capital of Aragon for event#7149 "Mediterranean or Atlantic" (-3 changed to -2, I think the -3 was the problem)
-Ramazan and Dulkadir will now revolt with Sunni religion
-Leader language entries changed in country.csv per bugthread.
-fixed Rajputana events that used the trigger province = -1 data = MOG

-CHANGES
-changed Irelands DP sliders
-changed Ireland's color to Green "The Emerald Isle"
-all Irish provinces have minimal forts at least

Ver 1.22

-BUGFIXES
-Fixed Sardinian monarchfile, all Sardinia monarchs ID's are now in the normal paradox defined range.
-Fixed Bosnian monarch file bug that I created when I merged Bosnian monarchs with Dukes of Hercegovina.
-Added in Morale lines from newest Beta Patch for Text.csv file
-Added in COT lines from newest Beta Patch for Text.csv file
-Venice starts with Med fort in their capital Veneto
-Changed colors of Iraq to White and Mamlukes to DarkGray
-Port removed from Piemonte and Parma provinces.
-MOG event# 230002 now has an A, B, and C choice.
-Fixed Ottoman event#3393"Tulip Reforms" by adding a date trigger to it
-Added OR statement to triggers of 2nd Council of Florence Event#23020
-Original Paradox Manchu events now included in Manchu event file
-Fixed text for actions in French Event#12109"Recalling Parliament"
-Fixed known provinces for Qara Koyunlu
-Rajputana is now listed correctly in Scenario.inc file and has Rajput culture instead of Hindi.
-Fixed capitalization error in MOrbihan for English ownership event
-fixed startdate for Transoxiana (U3) monarch "Ahmad" now 1469-1494
-Changed Wallachia's color to LightBlue, Stettin to LightBlue, Golden Horde to Yellow
-Fixed Dai XI (U12) monarch conflicts. Dai Xi monarchs now occupy the range from 07432-07439
-"Sun Tzu's Art of War published" French flavor event now has an ID assigned ID=5029
-Fixed Monarch ID conflicts for Holland, Sweden, Naples-Sardinia
-Fixed Zhou (U13) monarch conflict. Zhou monarchs now occupy the range from 07453-07459
-Fixed Southern Ming (U14) Monarch conflicts. S.Ming monarchs now occupy range from 07482-07487
-Fixed Monarch bug between France and U19-Tyrol Fra monarch#15019 changed to #04000
-Fixed Scotland (SCO) monarch conflicts with Lan NA (KHM) monarchs. All Scotland monarchs ID's are in the normal Paradox defined Range
-Hungary (HUN) event#19009 no longer refers to Ayutthaya event
-Implemented Morocco event bugfixes from EEP
-Inca "Conquest of Chimu" event will now trigger if Chimu exists and the resulting inheritance will fire based upon control of Chimu capital-Cajamarca, not Montana.
-Added in updated HYW Event descriptions.

ver 1.23

-BUGFIXES
-Fixed France Revolt.txt entry, so it won't screw up the HYW events.
-Theodoro (KAL) added to slectable nations in the 1419.inc scenario file.
-Fixed text in Hungary Event#19009
-Removed dual entry of Transylvania province from Hungary setup.
-Added text for China event#147000 "Vietnamese Guerillas"
-Ramazan (RAG) now uses the graphics of Teke from the basic game. This is what Ramazan used in the EEP, and I was unable to find any specific Ramazan graphics.
-Added Dormant=yes to Bohemian monarchs#18751 "Diet" and #18750 "Anarchy".
-Included EEP Ottoman event#301022, 301023 and 301030 in Ottoman event file to allow a non-AI controlled Ottomans to become Khalifa.
-Included Mughal Event#3805 "Conquest of Delhi" and #3921 "Battle of Panipat" in Mughal event file.
-Moved Event#30352 "Marathi Split" To Marathi event file and the event now wakes the correct Marathi Monarchs I hope.
-Polish colony Nowa Nadzieja now spelled correctly.
-Fixed Dai Shun Monarch ID conflicts. Dai Shun now occupies the range from 07510-07514.
-Removed extra = from Mughal event#194005 and 194006.

-Changes
-Removed French culture from England, Eng can gain it if they win the HYW
-Portugal now gains an explorer and conquistador in Mombasa during the submission of Zanj event sequence.
-Changed B option of Polish event "Priviliges of Czerwinsk and Warta per suggestions on Polish thread by U3an.
-Increased deathdate from 1580 to 1680 for the movement of capital to Warszawa event for Poland.
-Increased Inca and Chimu relations to 50/50 to avoid early wars.

Version 1.24-with help from Jinnai and Norrefeldt

BUGFIXES-
-Theodoro now has the correct graphics.
-England and France now use the new flag command to switch to their flags.
-A Manchu (MCH) that becomes China will use the Manchu dragon flag (flagname = CHIMANCHU).
-The C option (Refuse Burgundian inheritance and elect a local count instead) of Brabant event#3775 will remove the +8 RevoltRisk generated by event#182002.
-A Fantasy Byzantine Empire will now gain cores on Bulgaria(356) and Albania(361) when "Byzantine Renaisannce" fires.
-Added Transylvanian(SIE) event#3838 to Transylvanian event file.
-Hungary should break its vassalship with Poland when electing the new king after the death of Lajos in 1526.
-Hungary will also cede Steirmark(369) and Ostmarch(327) to Austria when they elect Janos Zapolya in event#19017, 19016.
-Hungary will also cede Odenburg and Istria to Austria in "Death of Janos Zapolya" event#19020.
-Spanish Conquistador "Lope De Aguirre" now dies in 1561.
-Tooltip text for Innovative slider fixed
-Tooltip text for Manpower (conscript centers) fixed.
-Remove core commands and Add core commands should now display correctly in events.
-Rajputana now has a revolt.txt entry
-Eventhist 28000,28001,28002, and 28003 grammatical errors fixed.
-Nippon can now correctly convert to Catholicism, not CRC
-hopefully fixed Hun#188102 by replacing Wladislaw with Ladislaus.
-Ottoman event#301001 and #301006 now has text for its choice.
-Included Ottoman event#'s 301029, 301028, 301027, 301026 and 301025.
-Fixed " description error in Ottoman event#301025.
-French event#170017 and 170018 dealing with the French inheritance of Anjou added to French file.
-Hungary event#19009 now triggers the correct event#19010
-When The Knights are given Malta it will now show which correctly which country gave it to them (Spain, Castille or Aragon).
-Independent Wales can now be selected without crashing the game.
-Bremen events#133000 and 133001 have been disabled, as they referenced the now removed country of Munster.
-Cologne events#202010,202011,202012,202013,202014,202015,202016,202017, and 202018 have their commands referring to the removed country of Munster disabled.
-Timbuktu event#124001a now triggers Songhai event#284004 instead of unk event#
-French WOR event#170103,170104, and 170107 fixed per EEP bug thread.
-Timurid event#296003 now has a B choice.
-Samarkand event#296513 now triggers correctly.
-Bohemia event#3801 will now correctly trigger BOH_Hussite.AI.

CHANGES-
-Brabant event#3775 in now in AGCEEP_Specific_Brabant file instead of stock Paradox file Specific_HAU.
-Added Transylvanian event#3732 to Transylvanian event file.
-Rajput now has it's own AI file.
-Rajput has its own Country description text now.
-Reworked Late game Rajput monarchs.
-Malwa does not start the game as an independent country.
-Rajput starts with Malwa province, Malwa is also a national province of Rajput.
-Incan deflation events scaled back.
-Ak Koyunlu starts as a vassal of the Timurid empire that will expire in 1449.

Download it here:

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126260

Enjoy,
Jester

egads :eek: *bows deeply before this mighty effort*

BE advised you need to have the Feb28th beta installed for this to work now, because I modified the Country.csv file.

I probably should have just left it for thsoe people that aren't using the betas...stupid on my part.

Late,
Jester

can we get this done/undone ASAP? Please? I really hate to have a mod that will only function with the beta test. Not very friendly to people who want to try it.

Isaac Brock said:
can we get this done/undone ASAP? Please? I really hate to have a mod that will only function with the beta test. Not very friendly to people who want to try it.
Isnt the mod still in beta as well? Can we please take advantage of all the changes?
These are numerous, and many of them have a significant impact on play, making EU2 a much better game.

edit:wrong link...

Last edited:
That approach would imply that either:
-The mod stays in beta until 1.08 comes out
-We have to rejigger the beta to make it compatible with the official release
-The mod will be released in a from that is only compatible with unsupported versions of EU2.

The first is asking for trouble - who knows when 1.08 will happen
The second means piling on tons of work before the mod gets out of beta. Why not do the large amount of work required on an ongoing basis?
The third means that the mod will be inaccessible to people who prefer not to participate in a beta test.

And all three mean that while the mod is in beta there will be no opportunity for input from people who prefer not to mess with the beta.

My understanding was that we had a consensus that the mod would be developed for the beta, but would be kept compatible with the official version of the game. Unless I'm wrong, or until that consensus is changed the add ons in the latest patch need to be removed.

well the mod needs to be branched then, for the meantime. We should keep the 1.24 patch beta friendly, so that many of us can work on additions utilizing agc-eep with the new tags.

I'd prefer to go straight to beta. There is actually no benefit really with the 1.07 patch. My own issues with the betas were quelled as soon as I played it. But that's just me!

Anyways, we should KEEP the 1.24 patch for beta downloadable! If you want to undo all the beta friendliness that came with the patch, make it a new seperable patch, and we'll work on it from there, in the official format.

I think that branching the mod is a very bad idea. As has been noted there are very few people contributing as is, and to have them split their effort into two mods makes no sense at all. Not to mention complicating life even further for people who show up and want to contribute.

I am not suggesting that new tags not be used. What I am suggesting is that all changes that utilize the new tags be made optional in the set up. We had agreed to this a while ago, and I do not understand why this consensus has apparently been abandoned so abruptly.

Isaac Brock said:
That approach would imply that either:
-The mod stays in beta until 1.08 comes out
-We have to rejigger the beta to make it compatible with the official release
-The mod will be released in a from that is only compatible with unsupported versions of EU2.

The first is asking for trouble - who knows when 1.08 will happen
The second means piling on tons of work before the mod gets out of beta. Why not do the large amount of work required on an ongoing basis?
The third means that the mod will be inaccessible to people who prefer not to participate in a beta test.
I'm comfortable with the third option, personally. 1.08 will eventually come out, and it seems nearly certain that it will have those tags. Not adjusting things to take advantage of that will hold back the progress of the mod, IMO.
Isaac Brock said:
And all three mean that while the mod is in beta there will be no opportunity for input from people who prefer not to mess with the beta.
I don't think it's hard to contribute to discussions even if you're not playing the mod at all.

doktarr said:
I don't think it's hard to contribute to discussions even if you're not playing the mod at all.

I'm thinking more of newcomers. This is one more way to scare them off. I mean what are they supposed to think? The mod is not compatible with any supported patch!

Might help you guys out deciding where to go, but I need to have an 1.08 patch of eu2 on the CD when we print CK so that customers without internet can use the export feature.

ie, expect an 1.08 patch rather soon.

Johan said:
Might help you guys out deciding where to go, but I need to have an 1.08 patch of eu2 on the CD when we print CK so that customers without internet can use the export feature.

ie, expect an 1.08 patch rather soon.

That's awesome news indeed :)
Considering that, we have two options:
1) Hold off the inclusion of new tags, since there is not that much need to hurry the inclusion of new countries. This would prevent the people using the latest beta patch (which, as should be noted, is almost everybody involved in MP games) from playing the AGCEEP
2) Include the new tags and the changes from the beta, since they will become part of an official patch anyway, and there is not much need to delay things. This would prevent people using all earlier patches from playing the AGCEEP

Both have their merit, and I believe we should just decide this by some kind of voting, either by the High Council or by community poll.

DAKKAR said:
I'm confused, where can I get the February 28th Beta????

Thanks

You can get it at the EUII discussions board from the stickie "beta tests" or some such wording.

I'm just happy someone showed up to support my argument. Or was that sarcasm at my expense? :)

And I'm a little surprised to see that Johan manages to catch this discussion and respond in less than 5 hours. What a guy!

Great news about 1.08. Makes this discussion that much simpler, and is just good news in and of itself.

Twoflower said:
1) Hold off the inclusion of new tags, since there is not that much need to hurry the inclusion of new countries. This would prevent the people using the latest beta patch (which, as should be noted, is almost everybody involved in MP games) from playing the AGCEEP

Why is that? The game would still be fully compatible with the Feb28 beta even if no new tags at all were used. Or am I missing something?

Isaac Brock said:
Why is that? The game would still be fully compatible with the Feb28 beta even if no new tags at all were used. Or am I missing something?
I was not sure, but thinking about it that seems somewhat logical, yes ;)

The latests patch includes the modded Country.csv file that includes all the new country entries that came with the feb 28th patch. If these countries are not included in the country.csv then you get a crash if using the latest beta. IF they are included then onyl people with the latest beta can use the patch.

It would be very easy for me to upload another file that doesn't use the new country.csv file. OR someone else could do and then post it, since my schedule is full the next couple of days.
This would just be a stopgap measure to allow people with both kinds of setups use our mod, till 1.08 comes out I guess. Since it appears that all the changes in the betas will be in 1.08.

Just use the country.csv file from an earlier AGCEEP patch if you are only using 1.07.

LAte,
Jester

Jester said:
The latests patch includes the modded Country.csv file that includes all the new country entries that came with the feb 28th patch. If these countries are not included in the country.csv then you get a crash if using the latest beta. IF they are included then onyl people with the latest beta can use the patch.

Actually,as long as they're using our revolt.txt those new countries won't cause a problem as they'll never revolt. In short, all the new countries do not have to be on there. You can still use the latest beta with the old country.csv as long as there is no chance one of the new countries will exist. That's what will cause a ctd. ( I've tried it, it works )