• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GermanDave

Captain
26 Badges
Feb 15, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders III
I've started to pick up the Soviets recently and had a pretty good run against the axis.
The question now is what the best changes to templates and general army composition should be. I basically just let Germany charge into 40w INF-ONLY monsters. I sat on my arse until 42 when the 'Führer command' bs ran out and then just crushed them with the help of a cookie cutrter medium tank template (meaning 10x mArm 10xMot) and the general flood of pure INF.

Is it the right approach to just spam subs or is there a better naval strat?
How should my tank template be altered now that I have Germany's industrial capacities at my disposal?
Is there a point in putting hArm in my Inf divisions now that I have IC monies?

Also some of the things that ticked me off:
  • The game could at least tell me as the player that spending 50pp will swap the Spanish leader, effectively blocking them from stabbing me in the back.
  • The game might want to tell me what the negative repercussions Republican Spain will be for stealing their gold.
  • It annoys me to no end that France becomes auto-liberated on a German capitulation. It means that even if you are the one to whom Italy surrenders, the north-west of the country will become bloody expensive at the peace conference.
And for all of you other boomers in here having a pretty sweet year:

Stalin3.jpg

"If you fail, do not return."

Sounds like you are having fun. And that's great to hear!

Is it the right approach to just spam subs or is there a better naval strat?
How should my tank template be altered now that I have Germany's industrial capacities at my disposal?

• The game could at least tell me as the player that spending 50pp will swap the Spanish leader, effectively blocking them from stabbing me in the back.
  • The game might want to tell me what the negative repercussions Republican Spain will be for stealing their gold.
  • It annoys me to no end that France becomes auto-liberated on a German capitulation. It means that even if you are the one to whom Italy surrenders, the north-west of the country will become bloody expensive at the peace conference.

I remember USSR having next to no dockyards. So I would spam subs unless it is for role-playing purposes.

(have to "remember" because I don't play vanilla HOI4 these days.)

40w all medium tank with an engineers. Near 100% hardness. The max amount of armor and piercing and attack you can get.

And do you have heavy SPG in all your infs? Plus the usual arty and necessary at guns? May as well make your inf useful.
(To everyone else: yes, I am aware of such thing as 1 heavy TD. If you wish to dispute my choice, please explain why the saving of 500 IC is worth 30 less soft attack plus whatever hard attack you lose going from SPG + AT gun template to equivalent TD + arty template)

What's hArm?

Ya, fire these off in the suggestion. Hopefully some QA is able to compile it to a useful format for their internal use.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Capitulations now is a mess. You are at war with the Axis and Allies? Good luck with rag-tag Occitanias and Belgiums and other weigd countries spawning out of all axis-occupied territories even if you blasted them alone.
Oh, and if Romainia is your puppet then they will still cease give their lands via script to some third party because scriting is trash for several patches already.

Do not spam subs, it's a waste of IC. Better have a well balanced navy that can assure naval supremacy in the channel after your navs will blast RN to pieces.
You can have 40w heavies. Because artillery and air will suck all tungsten in the world and you are one of the most chromium-rich countires. So heavies won't hog resources from your production lines. And heavies with +5 engine and +10% speed designer is pretty okay in terms of speed and won't reduce reliability.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you for your kind replies. :) Okay so I tried to treofit most of my ships as per Morbus' recommendation and that turned out rather well thgough naval bombers are still powerful and thus vital as all hell.

hArrn = heavy tanks (methinks)

Triggers are failing allover the place atm.

Unbenannt.png

I had created Soviet America and then the above happened. Two neutral (neutral() factions fighting each other.

Puppets that puppet puppets is also something that pisses me off. How is the communist French civil war faction a puppet of my spanish puupet?

And then I had the greatest laugh ever. In one game something in the French unification trigger failed a Britain created their own version of democratic France
because obvoiusly DeGaulle could not be trusted to run any France so creating the REAL France was the only answer. As a nice little bonus, British France was governed by a David Lynch lookalike. I damn near spit out my arabica laughing.

Last edited: