• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

noquarter

Private
Mar 17, 2018
Late game cons
- Colonist management is akin to getting a root canal. (details below)
- Drone shuttle seem dumb. Constantly bring back materials that I dont need and ignoring ones I do need. Drones need to carry more than 4 items.
- Autosave takes over 60 seconds but regular save is like 20 seconds?
- Lag
- give some warnings that resource nodes are running low. My very first dome of the 6 i created just ran out of water... no warning or anything. Would have been nice if it told me water deposits are low so I could make other arrangements.

More on colony management
Colonist management is utterly atrocious. Not sure how it is on PC but on console its bad.
Moving just one colonist to another dome far away is an exercise in sheer frustration. If you select a colonist to move and try to zoom out to move faster you lose the box.... You also have to select one colonist at a time to move.

The system needs to make colonist autonomous and smart enough to know where to go on there own.
If you have one dome with 5 engineers and a dome that needs 5 engineers the colonist should just leave, hop a shuttle and go to the new dome. In otherwise the colonists should self-optimize (as any realistic colony would do) with some amount of of intelligence. just my 2 cents.

Until late game is cleaned up I will probably abandon new games when I get to the point of pulling my hair out trying to move colonists.

Early-Mid game Pros
- fun to build.
- Research is quick and interesting
- Music is good but could use more variety
- Mysteries are fun but not sure the point. (without spoilers, got a random.. they built some object.. i got some research tech and that was it.