• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like the idea of this AAR a lot, and so far it's very well-written.

If Kasserine goes well, are you going to reload as the Americans and put in Patton in charge?

Also, I've looked at a couple of country's different starts. British 8th Army in the '43 start is commanded a General Sosnkowski.

A Rommel-themed AAR is somehow incomplete without a Monty/Rommel rematch, and hopefully the promise of a Patton/Rommel fight! :D

Comtrav: Thank you, friend. Hopefully I'll continue to write to people's standards. However, I don't believe I'll be reloading at Patton; not knowing much about Hoi3 mechanics, I probably won't make a successful operation, but if I do, I'm sure Patton will come in and kick some Rommel ass, haha. And of course, who is Rommel without his best pal Monty? :D

I really like the format of this AAR! You have really brougth the sense of desperation for the "Africa Korps" to life. I myself am all anxious about the outcome of the coming battle.

Just one question though: I myself thought about playing one of the latter scenarios but found that the troop numbers of all major contestants where so huge that the need for supplies ate up between 90% and 120% of their industrial capacity, which kind of made them unplayable in the long run. ;) How did you get past this problem?

~Lord Valentine~

cthulhu: That's the spirit man. :D

foriavik: You're right, and that's really the good thing about Hoi3. Even if Rommel wins on his front, other fronts can collapse, and all his work will be lost. Just like in real life.

Lord Valentine: Thanks a lot man! That really means a lot to me. In terms of production, for this AAR, I wanted to keep the command of Rommel fully realistic, so I have not touched production, diplomatic, etc. and haven't even looked at what the AI is building to keep authenticity. So I can't help you there man.

EvilFishtank: Honestly, who envys Rommel at this time? :p Yeah he's in a sticky situation, but Rommel is always good at getting out of sticky situations. Let's see how it goes. :)

Lordban: Thanks ya, friend. I honestly like to write AARs on the go, so let's see what happens dude.

Viden:
Thanks man. ;)

Enewald: Yeah, I believe that if tanks are important anywhere, it would be in the desert. Nothing is more important. Well, other than aviation.. but these are the two that really matter in desert warfare. And rommel's manipulation of them really got him the fame has he today.

Update later today or tommorow. This one's a story of an Italian soldier on the Southern Front.. I think you guys will like it. :)

Keep the panzers advancing and beware the allied Jagdbomber! :D

Can you find anyways to bring reinforcements up from Italy, or Southern France? Do you have any Airpower?

A nice update you have made, a nice style.:)

This looks very interesting, Arya V. DvD-IT linked this story in his FotW post. I'm in for the ride.

Vann

Very nice AAR so far Arya V. It is well written and I think the set up is very interesting. The situation is hard and might even look a little impossible, but I am sure it will be a very nice story to follow no matter what happens. If the operation succeed you will have done very well, and if it fail, well then the challenge will become even harder... but I am sure both ways it will be a very interesting story to read. Looking forward to more :)

@All: I'm really sorry that I have not been updated. I feel very unreliable because I promise updates, but I don't give them. There have been a lot of things that are happening to me IRL (moving, family troubles, etc.) and I feel as if I have to take care of them before I take care of this AAR. I apologize once more, and I can promise you that I will have a very big update in the next 3 days. Sorry guys.

Don't feel bad, RL always takes precedence.:) We will wait here until you are ready.

Well at least I know it isn't dead.:) Good luck.