• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tachikaze

Master of Muppets
16 Badges
Jun 3, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Prison Architect
Last Stand of the Eagle
A German AAR​

March ever onwards, friends
Keep our pace together
We never break our stride
For behind us blazes wildfire
Overhead roars the storm
Never can we falter
Never shall we fall​

- From the notes of a German Soldier, Ukraine 1944​

250px-Blaskowitz,_Rommel,_Rundstedt2.jpg
250px-Wehrmacht.jpg
tiger2_in_action.jpg

The year is 1944, the Second World War is going on its fifth year. On all fronts, German armies are being pushed back by the Western Allies and the Soviet Union. The most recently opened front, in Normandy, has ripped open the German Atlantic Wall and sent the German forces reeling. Even two weeks after the invasion, the German forces are not properly organized for a counterattack. In Italy, the Allied forces amass for a major assault to cross into Northern Italy, the German forces facing them are outnumbered and face a major air offensive, German High Command doubts the front will hold for long. And last, but not least, the Eastern Front is in shambles, the Soviet warmachine is steadily pushing its way west and it seems the German forces left are powerless to stop the Godless Hordes of the East.

Yet, all is not lost. Reinforcements are being rushed to Normandy from all over France and the Netherlands, in a desperate effort to eject the Allies from the continent. In Italy, reinforcements are desperately trying to reach the defensive line in time to hold it, and the Croatian army is being redirected to bolster the German forces. On the Eastern Front, things are indeed grim, but German forces have finally been granted permission to withdraw to more defendable positions all over the front. Except, that is, around Lvov where German, Hungarian and Romanian armies are attempting to hold the line. For the time being, at least.

The time has come for Germany to stem the flood, and perhaps, in the end, turn the tide. For as these near five years of war have proven, there is nothing the German Wehrmacht cannot achieve.

Go for it and hope you will get past the end of WWII events.

you have doomsday

:( :mad: :confused: :wacko: :mad:

:D

yeah just the question i had on my mind to... :confused:

He doesn't have it right now, he's going to start the game actually when he gets Doomsday. I think until then it's going to be the backstory.

He might have Doomsday. He got HoI2 way before us mortals too. He gets it from a newspaper, IIRC.

I help a guy who reviews games, he's a great driver and a superb pilot for those kinds of games, and he's be known to beat me in both Starcraft and the like, but in these kinds of games, he's lost. :p

So, yes, I am playing the game as I write, and I am now ten days into the campaign, and I must say one thing: Allied airpower is not fun. You know the OKW reserve with three armoured divisions standing somewhere inland, fairly out of the way? Gone in the first few hours. You know the Croatian army, six infantry divisions? Gone in the first week.

Anyway, I might as well clarify my intentions with this AAR. I am going to try and keep it simple, mostly facts and numbers and my thoughts and plans, very little (if any) narrative as I simply don't have the time. :(

Anyway, a screenie to confirm that I indeed do have the game. ;)
airborne9eq.png

Dang you got doomsday :mad: :p . Oh well, ill have to wait like all of us normal people.

lifeless said:
:eek: lucky....um...why does the province belong to us when uk forces captured it?

france province are owned by the u.s., in the goth...., hm, in that 44 scenario in hoi2 (really dont know why :confused: ), my guess is that this is the same in doomsday also.......

Looking good. I will follow this to check how DD is.

Another Doomsday AAR; great! Will follow this one for sure :D

Great to see another Doomsday AAR, and in particular a 1944 one. I'm really looking forward to this one.