• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hm, well, Liang does have a point. Besides, Japan is apparently too weak while Spain due to Germany is more of a challenge. I change my vote to MacArthur

I vote for MacArthur. I can imagine him winning the election, going to Washington, D.C. long enough to give his first inaugural address, leave the government-running up to his Vice President (hopefully Richard Nixon), and go back to the front to fight the enemy (sidelining the Secret Service in the process).

McArthur - the real one did have Presidential ambitions, while IIRC Patton did not. Also, there is
much amusement potential with McA as C in C and Patton having to take orders from him...

MacArthur!
if he is president/dictator in Kaiserreich, why not here?;)

MacArthur it is Then. That actually makes things easier, as He is the one I put in already and it does not necessitate me creating Patton as a potential head of state (I seriously have no clue what personality type he would be. None of them seem to fit him except possibly resigned generalissimo).
yeh Macarthur all the way great aar btw very easy to read! :D can wait for the pyrenees. Also maybe it is time to do something about Africa?:D
Thank you very much! I will land in Africa shortly. The only reason I have not yet done so is that Spain demanded my full attention.

Patton was a member of an old military family anyways and would never have gone into politics, at least not when a war was running.

If you'll forgive some armchair generaling ;) you should drive to the prynees and cut off the Axis troops in NE Spain. You need to destroy German divisions and cut down that army!

Also in your screens you have over 300K supplies stockpiled? Stop putting IC into supply for awhile and use the stockpile you have! Even if your boys are comsuming 3000 supplies a day, you still got a 100 days of full supply there. Put that 189 IC into reinforcements and get your divisions back to full strength. Gotta be flexible with that IC.

Patton was a member of an old military family anyways and would never have gone into politics, at least not when a war was running.

If you'll forgive some armchair generaling ;) you should drive to the prynees and cut off the Axis troops in NE Spain. You need to destroy German divisions and cut down that army!

Also in your screens you have over 300K supplies stockpiled? Stop putting IC into supply for awhile and use the stockpile you have! Even if your boys are comsuming 3000 supplies a day, you still got a 100 days of full supply there. Put that 189 IC into reinforcements and get your divisions back to full strength. Gotta be flexible with that IC.

I will try to drive to the Pyrenees as fast as humanly possible. I want to hold those mountains for my own defense or to remove an obstacle to my offense. I doubt I will be able to strike deep in France. The moment I step foot in France, I will likely be swamped in troops. The Germans have at least 500 divisions IIRC, and I am maybe seeing a quarter of that in Spain. They still have massive garrisons in Scandinavia which they will likely withdraw the moment I step foot in France to keep me from reaching Germany itself.
Trust me, I am flexible with IC and constantly switch it up. The only reason that the Supply is so high is because it likes to fluctuate. It will be pretty low at one point and then suddenly shoot up. I therefore keep it relatively high so that when it shoots up, I have just as much as I need and no more. I try to be as efficient as possible and have waste as low as I can. I usually reassign IC from my production to reinforcement and upgrade with a good deal of success. I will try that, but I will likely be able to reinforce without having to. I have gotten it down before when it is this high without changing anything.

Very gripping and enjoyable updates, excellent as ever. Such massive gains! I'm very much looking forward to seeing how things pan out, especially with the coming election.

I apologize for the delay in the updates. I had every intention of putting it up today, but I had something come up today and I could not put it up. I will try to put it up tommorrow.

Very gripping and enjoyable updates, excellent as ever. Such massive gains! I'm very much looking forward to seeing how things pan out, especially with the coming election.

Thank you very much. I was shocked at how much I was territory I was able to gain. I was floored, however, when the Germans withdrew allowing for the breakout and actually could not believe it at first.

The Germans must be running pretty low on manpower now that I think about it

I have not checked, but considering that their units look chewed up, they either are having manpower problems or I chew up their units faster then they can replace them by reinforcing.

This will be a short update for reasons that will become apparent at the end of the update.

Patton was yet again the darling of the press. He loved being in the limelight and intended to stay there. However, shortly after the fall of Siguenza, the Germans made a push towards La Coruna and forced Stillwell to retreat from the province. luckily the advance was halted and La Coruna eventually reoccupied, it was reminder that German was far from finished.
2cfws9v.jpg

This was accomplished by an offensive towards Burgos by the men in Opporto and Valladolid. They forced the Germans to retreat from the city and it looked like it might fall.
xnep1c.jpg

The Germans had placed a very large force in Saragossa and Patton saw little point in butting his head against it. He therefore decided to bypass it. His plan was to hold that force in place and take Burgos and Ovieda on the left flank and Tarragona and Barcelona on the right flank. If these positions fell, one of two things would happen. What Patton hoped would happen is that the Americans would be able to slice East and West, with the men in Ovieda taking Bilboa and the two forces shaking hands in Huesca, thus surrounding the men who had parked in Saragossa. The more likely outcome would be that the Germans would evacuate their positions in Saragossa, allowing him to charge into France.
Patton therefore ordered an attack on the city of Tarragona to begin this plan.
259dgmh.jpg

The attack went well and the Germans were forced out of the city. If it fell, he would have the men in Saragossa outflanked and they would either withdraw or eventually be destoryed.
15s8qjb.jpg

The battle turned ugly, however, as more German troops kept pouring in. Eventually, about 29 divisions opposed them in the City and the tide began to turn, forcing Patton to call off the attack.
2ikza0g.jpg

However, all of this was overshadowed by events at home. The election was coming up and what had once seemed like a sure thing, that Truman would win, was now not so certain. While Truman had had great successes in the past 4 years, most of those successes had been those of one man: General Douglas MacArthur. This was a problem because that was exactly the man who he now faced as an opponent. This was bad because the victories in the Pacific were as much MacArthur's as they were Truman's. The two men could not have been more different. Whereas Truman was a creature of politics and had never even been in the military, MacArthur was a military man to the core. He was hoping to ride the wave of popularity he had amassed directly into the White House more out of personal ambition then a true passion for politics. This was evidenced by the fact that he had picked as his running mate Richard Nixon, one of the best politicians in the country, if not one of the most honest. Truman also favored stopping Germany and its European allies first and foremost and assigned a very low priority to the Pacific. He wanted to smash into France as soon as possible. If a breakout of Spain was impossible, he wanted to land in Africa and prepare an invasion of Italy to draw the Germans there and then land in other places in France or break through the Pyrenees. MacArthur, by contrast, had a deep grudge against Japan for the conquest of the Philippines. This grudge also extended to Truman, who he believed had abandoned the Filipinos. While he by no means favored letting up the pressure on the Germans, he wanted the Japanese brought down as soon as possible. He backed this up by strategic argument. If The Pacific could be quickly retaken and China liberated, the Americans would have a very large and powerful ally that would draw loads of German divisions to defend their territory in India and Siberia. That would create openings back in Europe and make the battle much more easy.
Alright, here it is. I am putting the issue of who will be president up to you the readers. The winner will also determine where I focus the majority of my attention in the immediate future. If Truman wins, I will focus on breaking Germany and on the upcoming campaign in Africa. If MacArthur wins, then I will force Germany out of Spain, but then focus the majority of my attention on Japan to try and knock them out of the war. This election was anything but certain.

Last edited:
I vote for Truman if it will settle Spain and Germany once and for all. Japan is a cakewalk compared to this, Germany is paramount in importance.

I vote for Truman if it will settle Spain and Germany once and for all. Japan is a cakewalk compared to this, Germany is paramount in importance.

I actually have reconsidered that part of the election. I realized it gives Truman an unfair advantage so instead, the election will have no direct barring on where I focus my attention. However, where it will influence is where I will strike if the European front stagnates. If It is Truman, the focus will be put on Africa. If it is MacArthur, the Pacific. I realized that MacArthur would be a fool to allow the European campaign to stagnate.

I actually have reconsidered that part of the election. I realized it gives Truman an unfair advantage so instead, the election will have no direct barring on where I focus my attention. However, where it will influence is where I will strike if the European front stagnates. If It is Truman, the focus will be put on Africa. If it is MacArthur, the Pacific. I realized that MacArthur would be a fool to allow the European campaign to stagnate.

I still vote for Truman, considering that's what my actual self would probably do in this time period anyway, being a Southron.

I vote Truman- MacArthur would certainly be interesting as President but I'm worried that he'd end up being an utter disaster, and I think Truman's done a better job than he's generally getting credit for.

I seem to be having problems installing the unlimited time mod from the site I found it at. I therefore have two questions. The first one is whether this game will transfer if I get Armageddon and be able to go on. The second is if anyone knows of any other mods that extend the time limit or any other ways to extend the time limit.

In the United States, Generals and Admirals are not suppose to back one candidate over the other openly. Any such action would lead to demands for resignations and not just from the President. Hell there's a school of thought in the officer ranks that says that officers of a certain rank shouldn't even vote. Besides, Patton doesn't want to be chief of staff, he wants an army on the front line. This is the guy who screamed "We'll use their guts to grease our tanks treads!" Not a staff puke by any stretch of the imagination.

In the United States, Generals and Admirals are not suppose to back one candidate over the other openly. Any such action would lead to demands for resignations and not just from the President. Hell there's a school of thought in the officer ranks that says that officers of a certain rank shouldn't even vote. Besides, Patton doesn't want to be chief of staff, he wants an army on the front line. This is the guy who screamed "We'll use their guts to grease our tanks treads!" Not a staff puke by any stretch of the imagination.

Yes that is true. However, The Chief of Staff Job and head of the army are synonymous. If he gets that job, he will be in full control of the war and only answer to Truman himself. Also, it will not affect the fact that he is a front line general. He will still be fighting on the front line. Also, not supposed to is not necessarily the same as don't. Plus, if you remember, Patton is wildly popular and successful, his voice means something. Truman might take a hit for forcing into retirement one of his best generals during the election and that could tip the scales in favor of MacArthur. Also, I never had any intention of having him back MacArthur, he was always going to be backing Truman, so why would Truman or anyone in his government demand the resignation of one of his biggest backers?