Large Water Tower does not show connections to buildings???

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BagzDragon

Recruit
31 Badges
Apr 8, 2022
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
When selecting water overlay view none of my large water towers show connections to any nearby buildings even though in range. Do large water towers act differently than regular water towers and not supply buildings? Or is this part of a water bug I have seen mentioned elsewhere? It also appeared as if both a large and regular water tower were drained at the same time during a high use period. See screen clip. Note large towers show no connection. Why please? Is this normal?
Large Water Tower 2.JPG

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is it shown as being linked upon placement?
Remove the smaller one, then check again?

Anything in the logs?
path to logfile:
Code:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Iceflake Studios\Surviving the Aftermath\
note: [appdata] is a hidden folder. Need to toggle off the hide/show items in Options or on the View bar in Explorer

So, I did a quick test - the buildings are supplying based on first come first served.
The first building placed and built would serve the requirements first.

1. I had the Barrel(from my mod) already built.
  2. Place Large Water Tower near cookhouse, water is still only showing as being taken from Barrel
  3. (img 1035) Demolish Barrel, water is being supplied by Large Water Tower now
  4. (img 1036) Rebuild Barrel and place small Water Tower nearby as shown in image. Large Water Tower still shows to be supplying the Toilets near Barrel
  5. (img 1037) Barrel and small Water Tower are not utilised, as long as Large Water Tower is taken as the "supplier".

My conclusion: within the area of influence, only one producer/supplier is counted in a first-come-first-served basis. Multiples of any one producer within each others' area of influence/effect is useless, meaning we cannot supplement but must lay out the buildings so each producer has its own consumers.
I suppose it works just like the efficiency for Wells and FishingHuts and the like.

Attachments

• Aftermath64.0409-1035.jpg
    Aftermath64.0409-1035.jpg
    468,4 KB · Views: 0
  • Aftermath64.0409-1036.jpg
    Aftermath64.0409-1036.jpg
    430,9 KB · Views: 0
  • Aftermath64.0409-1037.jpg
    Aftermath64.0409-1037.jpg
    450,1 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the input. In placing more towers in a similar situation, the pipe connections would show during placement yet the once placed the piping overlay only show one connection. Simple and logical answer would be to add the possibility to upgrade the standard water tower to the large water tower which would eliminate the pipe mapping issue, but maybe not if the underlying game design is not changed to fix double towers??? Thanks again for your reply, hope the Dev's fix the "lost pipe" matter...