• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fox_NS_CAN

Field Marshal
1 Badges
Oct 26, 2016
  • Major Wiki Contributor
I've mentioned this before. I mention it again due to the latest annoyance with it.

Need manual lane control or at least ban left turns (or right turns for those driving on the wrong side of the road ;)).

I made this:

20191112094629_1.jpg

I know it isn't exactly the most beautiful creation or anything, but it doesn't seem like too much to ask (maybe it is, I don't code) that I be able to make it work as intended. Instead I get what happens above, where they turn left across highway traffic because it is shorter than the "right way".

So I end up making this hideous mess for the next exit:
20191117192411_1.jpg

:confused:
At least nobody can cut across traffic.o_O

Having a no-left-turn option is really needed. It could be easily implemented in the existing junction menu, where you can set traffic lights and stop signs in the vanilla game.
Can we have that as a free update please? :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
A lane control option would be best but if they were to add more options i think they should add all traffic signs we all see in real life (as much as is possible within the games limitations) but being able to controle lanes would be most effective imo, it would def solve most of my traffic problems on the xbox one edition and possibly the ps4 as well (if they are having the same issues, i dont play on ps4)

Agreed, this is badly needed. Roundabouts can be a pain, too. The AI thinks it's dealing with regular intersections and behaves... oddly, no matter how much I fiddle with the vanilla game traffic/road controls.

Reactions:
Zipping this back to the top.

Having a no-left-turn option is really needed. It could be easily implemented in the existing junction menu, where you can set traffic lights and stop signs in the vanilla game.
Can we have that as a free update please? :)

And this is how I would do it.

just gonna go ahead and necro this one...
my two cents on this is in addition to banning left turns, the vanilla traffic light needs a toggle to a more advanced light; the current one basically says "everyone on N/S go! oaky, stop. E/W go!" and any left turning traffic shatters any straight flow from the adjacent... so options for "right (or left if you're using left hand drive) on red" (maybe actually have 3 lane roads actually have dedicated turn lanes ) and timing intervals for left turns would be awesome.

• 1Love
Reactions:
I'm so sad, that we don't have it on xbox, because there is no mods on console, so no options to improve it. :(
I would definitely buy a dlc with this single feature only!

Reactions: