Landscaping update is live! 1.4.0 patch notes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
After playing around a bit, I just want to say that I think this update is actually more substantial and more useful than the new features included in Snowfall.

Reactions:
@Grapplehoeker

Yeah I noticed in the bug reports section a few reporting similar when they flip from landscaping to roads - throw errors suggesting a mod hasn't updated it's calls to netmanager.RayCast, definitely mod conflict unclear which yet.
The Raycast error is attributable to Enhanced zoom mod or that component of it used in First person mod, neither of which applies to my water tool lock up... still hunting the origin for that one, but at 8 mins load time per attempt I've had enough for one night lol.

Reactions:
The update looks very nice. A few mods need updates, as usual (Precision Engineering, some mod that throws a netmanaging.raycast error). Also, my game freezes when I do landscaping and then try to do something else. I will see how this develops.

Other than that, it's looking very good.

After playing around a bit, I just want to say that I think this update is actually more substantial and more useful than the new features included in Snowfall.

That's debatable, but this free patch was awesome indeed. And it's free mainly because we paid for Snowfall so they can continue to add stuff in the game even via free patches, like this one.

Reactions:
I've had so much fun playing with water this time around... raising terrain, building dams, trying to control the flood waters... I also noticed... the classic maps have ploppables in them now. It makes them so much more likeable!

I can easily see someone modding the levys into city walls soon... Just need a gate then!

Last edited:
That's debatable, but this free patch was awesome indeed. And it's free mainly because we paid for Snowfall so they can continue to add stuff in the game even via free patches, like this one.

I don't disagree with the general concept you have there. But let me put it this way: the part of snowfall that I got most excited for was trams. And thats just 'oh cool, trams.'

I actually giggled like a little kid playing with his first set of Legos when I started fooling around with the 1.4 features.

I don't disagree with the general concept you have there. But let me put it this way: the part of snowfall that I got most excited for was trams. And thats just 'oh cool, trams.'

I actually giggled like a little kid playing with his first set of Legos when I started fooling around with the 1.4 features.
Would you rather have had to Pay for the 1.4 features and get Snowfall as a freebie?

Ok, let's take a change of perspective then: see paid DLCs like a contribution for the ongoing development with quite a few pluses. I'm in for that, to be honest.

Again, I don't disagree with that perspective at all.

Reactions:
I tried it for a couple of hours last night on a saved city running a couple of traffic mods and did not experience any major problems. A couple of minor glitches with the traffic mods, but nothing "game breaking". ;)

Nice patch though.

Reactions:
I'm hoping someone will mod the quays to have the same brick look at the flood walls. That said, I can't help but notice that those flood walls look pretty good as actual city walls, for anyone trying to build an old looking city.

The Raycast error is attributable to Enhanced zoom mod or that component of it used in First person mod, neither of which applies to my water tool lock up... still hunting the origin for that one, but at 8 mins load time per attempt I've had enough for one night lol.
I have "enhanced zoom" and game no failure.
I read that is original mod "First Person Camera", testing this fix mod:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=650805785

Edit.- No crash game with "enhanced zoom", but mod no work well. Only zoom work, first person camera and follow, not.
Now I have only "enhanced zoom" I just saw my output_log and goes "raycast.." I think is in both mods.
Edit 2.-
End of the problem, new version mod "enhanced zoom":
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=651056665

Last edited:
Reactions:
Am I the only one with this errer massage?
20160323203015_1.jpg
20160323203031_1.jpg

Stones work wery well, and all the old stuff too. But the new walls and canals are not usable at all..... PLEASE HELP Which mod is cousing this issues????

this was a nice surprise update for me, now i dont need to depend on as many mods, plus the quays make me happy since i didnt want to get a bunch of stuff from the workshop and plunking each down would have been annoying for me, and i do like the canals, i always tried making my own by using roads as walls and terra-former mod but i messed up some bit. the new rocks and such are nice addition for detail. looking forward to another update like this, maybe adding traffic collisions and road construction to the game? or maybe letting you choose different bridge styles when you build? would love to see that, actually tho, with the addition of canals, will there be another DLC that gives water transportation? arent there places in Europe that use ferries on the canals? that would be neat...