Land value too high, no low/medium density residence demand anymore

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's one of the mods, it's called info loom if I remember correctly. I'm not at the pc right now and I can't check, but if you look in the mod list you should find it easily.
This is exactly the type of information that would make the game interesting. Why CO did not include it astounds me.

Reactions:
The main issue is the increasing lack of highly educated workers, even without adding any commercial, industrial or office area, the demand keeps growing and growing a lot faster than population arriving.
I assume that since you posted Workforce screens then you refer to Highly Educated increasing from 26k to 38k. But these are your WORKERS. You certainly don't lack them, if so you may lack jobs for them aka WORKPLACES which is shown on the other window. Right now your workers are forced to work at positions below their education, hence the number of Underemployed is increasing.

When a new building pops up, the game sends people by car to fill it in. Until the cars haven't arrived, the building is empty and there is no population increase.
True. A Household needs to “moved in” to be included in any statistics. However, that household is already a renter of that building, so you may observe empty properties going down.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I assume that since you posted Workforce screens then you refer to Highly Educated increasing from 26k to 38k. But these are your WORKERS. You certainly don't lack them, if so you may lack jobs for them aka WORKPLACES which is shown on the other window. Right now your workers are forced to work at positions below their education, hence the number of Underemployed is increasing.

What I understand from those statistics is that the column "under" indicates how many are missing for that specific workforce, so open positions, not unemployment.
So my workforce indeed goes up (slowly) with time, but the open positions grow *a lot* faster than population growth even if I don't zone any new commercial/industrial/office area. Which I had to do here in this case, just a bit, but I ensure you that, even leaving the simulation running without touching anything and with plenty of empty buildings to fill up, you will never have enough highly educated workers to fill up the demand.
Which is why most of my industries have the flashing icon that they cannot find enough skilled workers.

the open positions grow *a lot* faster than population growth

That's basically where I'm at with my current city and understanding of the game as it exists right now. I think I'm gonna go back into hibernation until the next patch comes out because right now even with mods I feel like I'm hitting the limits of what's possible with this game. I do actually enjoy the tinkering, but can only do it for so long before it gets tedious. You have to let things run for such a very long time to really see if what you're doing is having an impact.

• 2Like
Reactions:
You have to let things run for such a very long time to really see if what you're doing is having an impact.

Yes, I'm in the same position.
And I think that what is breaking the game dynamics is that it is slowing down a lot but not lagging at all. What I mean is that we can still build and zone as if the game were running at the normal speed, but the game itself can't keep up. We are basically way too fast of our PCs :D
If the game were lagging you would actually notice that it's slow ---and probably give up a lot earlier. Right now I still enjoy building but it just doesn't work.
But it's also an issue with cost, when I run the game my desktop consumes around 400Wh, letting it running for 10h is 4kW of consumption just to have some medium residential properties filled up feels like a waste of money to me.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I think I'm gonna go back into hibernation until the next patch comes out because right now even with mods I feel like I'm hitting the limits of what's possible with this game.

Sorry, I forgot to ask. Is there any idea on when the next patch will be released? I am a bit confused by what I have been reading around.

What I understand from those statistics is that the column "under" indicates how many are missing for that specific workforce, so open positions, not unemployment.
So my workforce indeed goes up (slowly) with time, but the open positions grow *a lot* faster than population growth even if I don't zone any new commercial/industrial/office area. Which I had to do here in this case, just a bit, but I ensure you that, even leaving the simulation running without touching anything and with plenty of empty buildings to fill up, you will never have enough highly educated workers to fill up the demand.
Which is why most of my industries have the flashing icon that they cannot find enough skilled workers.
The column Under contains cims that are employed below their education level. These cims have jobs.
Missing workers or open positions are shown on Workplaces Distribution.
These are exclusive numbers.

yes I have a family with a vather/child is low entry joblevel lives in a big house - compplain about the rent - even if the land value is low.

The family next to them are mother/vather senior level same size of house and iwth a child = student dont complain about the rent. - low land value

The column Under contains cims that are employed below their education level. These cims have jobs.
Missing workers or open positions are shown on Workplaces Distribution.
These are exclusive numbers.

Oh I have got it completely wrong then!
But then I don't understand, why are all industries complaining that they can't find educated employees if there are so many working in lower positions?

Oh I have got it completely wrong then!
But then I don't understand, why are all industries complaining that they can't find educated employees if there are so many working in lower positions?
Finding a job takes time, there is a also a cooldown here, so it can be a long process. I suppose “upgrading” your job could be even more difficult, because your motivation is lower. Like most processes in the game, these are random-based, and the chance is influence by many factors.
Could also be a pathfinding issue, from some mod. Cims also have to find a way to their job, they won’t start working if they cannot get to work.

• 1Like
Reactions: