• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Redwolf915

Major
7 Badges
Aug 31, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
Land OF The Free Home Of The Lost II MMP 1.5

Land Of The Free Home Of The Lost was a USA game in which I wanted to see what would happen if I made a Protestant-Reformed USA in 1453. It was fun but turned into a colonization land grab game. Plus, it was played in NA, and when IN came out I abandoned it. Here's the link, http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8699728

So this time, I'm going to play in Magna Mundi for a more realistic experience, and let my followers help decide the next course of action. Our religion will be Hussite, with Jon Huss himself leading us.

All setting normal except colonists free for gameplay reasons.

For gameplay purposes, when we control a country's capital and the majority of its land, and the goal of the war is to convert said country, I'll edit the save and change the country's capital to Hussite religion. Any province under 5000 urban members will also experience the same fate.

Viceroys

Sir Slink Viceroy of the Netherlands
Nodscouterr Viceroy of Normandy

Table Of Contents:

Eh I'll do this at the end

Modifications made to this mod for my own preferences: Core gain set to 50 years (core loss still 200). National ideas slightly adjusted to my liking (nothing big, just morale plus .45.... should be .50 lol). Advisers grow older. Wend culture renamed Moravian. Religious Order government no longer has innovative limit. Some rebels made stronger. Innovative-Narrow policy's missionaries changed. Every narrowminded slide gives +0.20 missionaries. Every innovative slide gives -0.05 missionaries and stability cost upped. Blockades allowed earlier. Hussite religion available earlier for gameplay. US provinces obvious... Finnish culture used for modern day Finnish provinces, cores added. (I just feel it must be done...) Livonian Order and Rigan provinces given Teutonic cores. English and Spanish and French minors given cores for when i choose to conquer them in my magna mundi games =]. Nation forming decisions no longer require cores just ownership. So if you see something weird, this should explain it.

(Voting closed for this. Vote on the new thing!)

I really like to include my readers in this, so voting will decide what government and culture our people will be as they escape the western world. So cast 2 votes.

Monarchy
Republic
Theocracy
Religious Order (think the Knights)
(You can designate a particular government with your vote if you wish)

American
Czech
Other

National Ideas - Cast 4 votes, Top 3 should get in unless y'all pick something really stupid.

Curtail your votes for not only gameplay, but what you think would make a better story.

(Voting closed for this. Vote on the new thing!)

Last edited:
Jan Hus, a Czech Catholic priest, philosopher, reformer, and master at Charles University in Prague, was excommunicated 20 December 1405. He is a heretic, the punishment for his crime of heresy is to be burned at the stake.

Jan_Hus-Council_of_Constance.jpg

Artist rendering of the 1406 council of Constance

Hus needed a way out. Hiding in the rural areas of Europe wouldn't last forever. He needed somewhere for he and his followers to go, to escape. Sigismund of Luxembourg, had an idea to save Hus, get rid of Hus and his followers, and gain respect for when he would become king of Bohemia. Stories and rumors circulated in Scandinavia of lands across the ocean. Either Hus and his people would die or they would discover new lands which Sigismund could lay claim to.

One hundred eager Norsemen led the expedition with thousands of Czech people (with many German and Polish people that had agreed with Hus). Now the Norse were excellent at navigation compared to others in the 15th century, but they still were nowhere near perfect...

NOTE: These dates are not historically accurate, so don't write down these answers on your European History exam!

Last edited:
In January of 1406 Jan Hus and his followers landed on Long Island. The expedition was a success, but these wasn't much time for celebration. The natives weren't taking too kindly to strange people arriving. Hus wasn't able to make it crystal clear why there were there but the natives understood a few key facts. The foreigners were oppressed, so they left their homeland on these large wooden vessels. The foreigners were trying to get rid of the "monsters" controlling their religion and their God.

Lucky for the Europeans, the elder natives sympathized with their cause. Was this because they were truly feeling the love, or because the elders saw the technology the Europeans had and wanted it in order gain dominance in the region? No one really knows but the union made sense for both sides. NOW it was time for a celebration!

250px-The_First_Thanksgiving_Jean_Louis_Gerome_Ferris.png

Artist rendering of the national holiday Thanksgiving.

The first order of business was establishing the Hussite religion, of course named after the man everyone wish they could be as great as, Jon Hus!

Exposition.jpg

The Four Articles of Prague are summarized as...
1. Freedom to preach the Word of God.
2. Celebration of the Lord's Supper in both kinds (bread and wine to priests and laity alike).
3. No secular power for the clergy.
4. Punishment for the mortal sins.

Next a government had to be established. Some wanted Hus to proclaim himself a king, but no one could come up with a title he could realistically claim once Europe found out about this utopia. An equal number of people wanted a republic, but many argued that this could lead to a lot of corruption and what if we were to start a civil war among ourselves!? A Theocracy was drawn up, but its flaws were too great. Finally a compromise was reached. We would be a Religious Order like the Knights of Rhodes. Hus reign until his death and then each major will have elected a man of great prestige, talent and piety. Then a series of tests would be arranged on the week of the ruler's death. A glorious idea composed by Jan Hus and his philosopher Rufus Monroe.

HusnAdvisors.jpg

The other two affluent courtiers weren't great at their jobs, but Hus needed someone to fill the gap until our technology group changed from Latin to... wait what? Never mind!

IdeasnPolicies.jpg

The policies also seemed rational. Some denominations of the Hussite religion believed in spreading the wealth and this took root as no one owned land yet and few aristocrats joined the voyage, thus our country would be a full Plutocracy! The country should be moderately centralized, but some power should be left to governors. We'll encourage being innovative, but not so much as to cause heresy. A Market Economy will be needed to promote self reliance and individualism. Our subjects are going to be a free people, no exceptions. Involuntary servitude is abolished. A military tradition hasn't been established, but everyone agreed we should become a bit more naval to defend ourselves in case of an attack.

First it was decided that all citizens needed some military training, these lands are strange and the Delaware people only knew so much, plus Catholics wouldn't be too happy to discover us. Next Unam Sanctam was agreed upon, if any Catholic did us wrong they needed to be destroyed. This religious fervor also instilled a unity to fight in the people that would lower our war exhaustion and encourage more people to become missionaries. Quest for the New World was adopted, and an Explorer and a Conquistador were recruited. This didn't last long as the people didn't take too well to exploration, so Colonial Ventures was adopted... otherwise known as our people should breed... a lot.

Now a name for our country needed to be established... a few of the Norsemen called these faraway lands the Americas. So it was either United Provinces or United States... We picked the United States of America!

BermudaGold.jpg

One of our smaller ships was rumored to be lost and the explorer Rufus Jay found it shipwrecked, and the people aboard had already started a society on this island called Bermuda. They were glad to be united with the rest of us, as they could buy our tobacco with their own resources.

BermudaGold.jpg

These people need to BREED! Birth control was declared illegal as well.

WeBeMoravian.jpg

No longer are the people in this country considered Czech. Mixing with the natives and having our own religion creates a new culture. Moravian. The capital was established in Husberg, but was moved to the center of the country in New Prague where the center of trade lay.

Rufus Jay mapped out the ocean between our land and Europe. Word spread and rumors developed about the USA and...

ExcomNeoAdvisors.jpg

Portugal ratted us out. Every man, woman and child in the USA was excommunicated by the Catholic church... Men in the bars laughed at this motion. Samuel Clinton was hired to be the new alderman, and Charles Madison was hired to reform the army.

Last edited:
An actual country exists to the north called the Iroquois. They offer to ally with us. USA does need friends!

IROAliiance-Feb1407.jpg

Rufus Jay then scouts and maps the south. Many pagan civilizations exist as do many islands. For some reason, 4 years later...

IROAliiance-Feb1407.jpg

The people were outraged! The fools really thought they could fight the Hussite people? 10,000 men were raised but not before 6000 Iroquois people marched on New Prague. Jan Hus and his courtiers stayed in the castle, nationalism surged and the Moravians pushed the Iroquois back into their land and destroyed their army. Four long years of war result in total victory. Bear Paw is executed and Jan Hus apologized to the Iroquois people for what happened, but promises them equal rights if they convert to the Hussite religion. Revolt risk was high, but for some reason no one did.

Assimilate.jpg

Very quickly the Northerners adopted our ways but kept many of their own and created a Mestizo culture...

A very prestigious day as word of the Northern conquest spread in Europe.

Assimilate.jpg

Master Jan Hus is now considered Grand Master Jon Hus!

Expansion is going as quickly as possible into neighboring lands. Hus met with many influential people in the realm such as Rufus Jay the Explorer, Charles Madison the Army Innovator and of course Rufus Monroe the Philosopher. The Hussite religion must be spread into Europe. Colonization of the Azores Islands and Madeira began as a target must be picked.

Perhaps we should conquer and vassalize an Irish minor and build them up to "King of Ireland", maybe Scotland? Brittany would make a good ally as would Naples... The Danes would be a good later target... Maybe even creating the Netherlands? Or perhaps we should take Jerusalem to prove our worth?

A secret vote is held (that means you guys!! Interactive AAR!

Last edited:
YAY first,
Cool, interactive AAR:rofl:

OK first vote of mine is Republic then. (BTW is a non-catholic religious order/theocracy even possible in MM? Just wondering.)
Second would be Czech then.

And for the ideas if we gonna colonize the americas I think we could go for:

colonial ventures
improved foraging
national bank
(I'm nat that good at this since I usually pick my ideas out of a mood:p)

Edit: forgot a fourth idea, so lets take unam sanctam

Last edited:
Baikel- Yes, sure can be non-catholic. Religious orders in German HRE turned protestant! And colonizing won't be a big deal, I think we're gonna bring the Hussite religion back in full force to Europe.

Derdiedas - 1453, Jon Huss will be dead o_O look for more of a 1409-1415 start. Definitely new world. I'll set up the US east coast and Bermuda as colonies and make the natives more friendly.

OK, I was just curious because after the reformation/turning protestant I thought the orders became secular, like the duchy of prussia. But if its possible... a holy hussite order bringing the true faith back to europe in an 'heretic' crusade sounds like lots of fun:)

For the theocracy!
Japanese

Colonial ventures
Military Drill
National Bank
Unam Sanctum!

You get 4, coma! Ok guys, heading out to watch college football all day, If I get 15 voters, I'll start the AAR around 11 PM US Central time!

Soooooo?

Republican Dictatorship (if not Monarchy - absolute if possible)

Czech

Military drill
Unam Sanctam
Battlefield comissions (the +1 military tradition thing)
National Bank

170 views and so few votes, come on, anyone can vote!