Lack of the founding house [Tutorial of modding dynasties]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PLrc

Major
Sep 29, 2020
EDIT: In #5 I'm writing how to solve the problem.

I'm trying to follows this: https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/Dynasties_modding and create a dynasty. It's not easy, because some the files mentioned there don't exist, some are elsewhere. More specificly I'm trying to de a submod which turns a cadet branch into a separate dynasty. I've managed to do so, but my dynasty lacks a founding house :D It doesn't bother me very much, but I'm wondering if it can bug the game somehow?
2021_01_13_1.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I'm trying to follows this: https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/Dynasties_modding and create a dynasty. It's not easy, because some the files mentioned there don't exist, some are elsewhere. More specificly I'm trying to de a submod which turns a cadet branch into a separate dynasty. I've managed to do so, but my dynasty lacks a founding house :D It doesn't bother me very much, but I'm wondering if it can bug the game somehow?
View attachment 669928
I feel very confident in answering "maybe." :p

Nah, but jokes aside, I have no clue. The game is not supposed to have dynasties without founding houses, so since the game is not designed that way it's possible that it may cause issues.

You might want to contact the mod creator and ask them to fix this to prevent any issues. You might also want to post this in the mods sub-forum, because the average member of the general CK3 forum is not a modder. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
View attachment 669928
Make the cadet branch the founding House

I feel very confident in answering "maybe." :p
It seems to me that I'm sure? :D

Make the cadet branch the founding House
How? :p
I've solved the problem by commenting out my house in 01_dynasty_houses.txt and by changing
Code:
dynasty_house = house_AnjouCapet
to
Code:
dynasty = 81
in history\characters\french.txt where 81 is the number of my dynasty. But I've noticed that there indeed is only house listed sometimes (i.e. the founding house) as in the above pic and sometimes there are no listed houses whatsoever just like at me:

2021_01_14_1.png

Last edited:
Hehe, I again had the same problem and my thread helped me :D This time the problem was much more difficult, because I wanted to turn two houses into a separate dynasty and had much more characters (the last time I had only one). The tutorial in paradoxwiki is not complete. It lacks some crucial points (could someone fix it?). I'll write it here in case someone has simillar problems (including myself in the future :D):
0. If you're turning an already existing house into a new dynasty - remember to add a new dynasty.
1. DO NOT create a house for you founding house. If it already exists - comment it out in the files.
2. Create a house for a cadet branch only.
3. You need to change files with all existing characters of your new dynasty beloning to the founding house in
history\characters\
for instance in
history\characters\french.txt
(remember that your characters can be in multiple files) by changing
Code:
dynasty_house = house_name
to
Code:
dynasty = dynasty_name.
This is the most crucial point.
The result should be for instance as follows:
House Anjou.png