• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DiFix

Recruit
Feb 25, 2019
Dear developers,
as a PS4 user and a fan of both strategy games and Paradox, I want to express great disappointment for the lack of mouse support for the game.

For your information, you can plug any mouse or keyboard on a PS4 and they will work. Here is the Paradox related games that I own on PS4 that don't support mouse controls: Cities: Skyline, Pillars of Eternity, Prison Architect. Next one could be Stellaris.

I am sure that bringing mouse on console isn't free or easy, and I know that majority of players will use a controller, but given that the better way to play strategy games is clearly with mouse, it doesn't seem a great choice to deny the possibility to console users, especially when the game is a conversion of a game born to be played in that way.

I really appreciate your work and the games that you create, but this attitude seem to disregard the category of players that you should instead aim to: people that love strategy games but cannot play them on their computer and would rather use them on their console.