The House Always Wins.
- Jun 21, 2015
La Serenissima - The City of Fortune
With the encouragement for the positive feedback received from my previous AAR, I have decided to start a whole new project earlier than expected. I’m looking to create something rather unorthodox than many AARs within the EU4 category, playing as a republic with ambitious aims. A Republican island surrounded by an ocean of monarchies.
The Republic of Venice, having built an economic and trading power from a city floating on water, had grown into a thriving nation existing in a precarious position. Even with the prosperity that it had built, the Republic was threatened from all sides by the great powers and monarchies that dominated the European continent. But even as the Serene Republic looks towards the future, a looming specter coming from the East might threaten everything.
This was the story of a city of fortune that would come to change the world.
Aims of this game
- Maintain a united and powerful Republic of Venice
- Unification of the Italian Peninsula under the Most Serene Republic
- Achieve Thalassocracy in the Mediterranean
- To become a Great Power within Europe
- Ensure the survival of the Republic
- Expand outside of Europe and create a formidable economic empire
1: No reloading saves
2: To ensure a ‘natural’ environment, I will be playing tall
3: I’am the Doge around here!
- Institutions Only Spawn in Europe
- No Merchant Republic Province Limit
- Randomized, Balanced Elections
- Cleaner Peace Terms Mod
- [1.28] Expanded Estuaries & Trade Centres
- Flat Political Map [1.28]
- Missions Expanded (With the blessing of their creators!)
- Stellaris UI Font
- WappenWiki Flags for EUIV (+Banner Edits)