• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why did you take those areas of England/Scotland? Just to cut the UK in half and give yourself a base to launch future assaults?

Why did you take those areas of England/Scotland? Just to cut the UK in half and give yourself a base to launch future assaults?

For narrative purposes, yes, to isolate scotland from England. Really, though, it was mostly because they're dominance ports for Great Britain, so I took them because it weakens GB.

That is a crippling treaty against Great Britain, and I notice they have lost their naval dominance as a result. What will your next targets be? You aren't terribly far from a total victory, and it's only 1807, impressive!

That is a crippling treaty against Great Britain, and I notice they have lost their naval dominance as a result. What will your next targets be? You aren't terribly far from a total victory, and it's only 1807, impressive!

Yeah, Britain's pretty screwed. I am definitely looking towards the Germans. If I get total victory, I'm going to continue.

Yeah, Britain's pretty screwed. I am definitely looking towards the Germans. If I get total victory, I'm going to continue.

Nice, well done! I really looks like you have a strangelhold on the British Isles... Literally looks like its neck is being gripped by france.

Do you think France's grip will extend as far as Russia in the end?

*EDIT*

When England was occupied by France, I rather liked the purple colour of the country!

Nice, well done! I really looks like you have a strangelhold on the British Isles... Literally looks like its neck is being gripped by france.

Do you think France's grip will extend as far as Russia in the end?

*EDIT*

When England was occupied by France, I rather liked the purple colour of the country!

It's all quite poetic, isn't it? Russia will probably not be a target, they're terrifying.

September - December 1807

FtEwGNn.jpg

With France in recovery from the Great Victory, Napoleon instituted the Banque Nationale Francais. The Banque sought to institute a national currency, standard across the empire's provinces. The Franc would become the country's currency, depicting Napoleon on one side, and the value on the other. This was useful severalfold: it helped increase regulation on the economy, because it introduced the idea of centralized banking in France; it would increase efficiency by introducing a stardard set value of currency; it would reduce interest owed on loans due to unbalanced scales and faulty conversion rates.

c2tEtYo.jpg

On December 23rd 1807, Talleyrand, the Minister of French Foreign Affairs, resigned. He was replaced by the count of Chanpagne.

January - April 1808

2kbVaWH.jpg

In early January, Frederick VI, Regent of Denmark under his father Christian VII, ascended to the Danish throne when Christian VII died. Christian suffered severe phsychological problems, and could not ably rule. Frederick was decidedly anti-Napoleon, despising him for the double-crossing in the conquest of Mecklenburg and Hamburg.

TfFPAq2.jpg

In more news of replacement, a man named Klemens von Metternich was appointed to foreign minister in Austria. This is fantastic news; the previous minister, Johann Phillip von Stadion, was petitioning the Austrian Emperor for a war of revenge against France. A war on the Austrian front would delay the British conquests, and could strike at the Achilles of the French during a war with Britain. Metternich is a very negotiable man, and wishes to bring peaceful relations to the French and the Austrians.

pcC1dnU.jpg

France declares war on Baden on the 19th of March.

XohiG1K.jpg

Sr7zkg0.jpg

The battle of Freiburg was a decisive victory, with 7k Baden casualties. This defeat forces Baden to seek allies, and Piedmont accepts their request for aid, and Piedmont joins the war.

VAxlXt2.jpg

The enemy was defeated again in Freiburg, and finally routed and destroyed later, the French losing exactly one poor man.

lYwp7Pf.jpg

On the 7th of April, Baden accepts peace with France. The country is annexed entirely.

Some accuse Napoleon of being an overly aggressive warmonger in his rule, but they fail to consider his peace-loving nature.

UYVlO0Z.jpg

The next morning, France invades Wurttemburg.

Kna4dib.jpg

The Wurttemburgers are met at Stuttgart by Michel Ney, and the French hold a superior position and eviscerate the Germans, leaving without so much as a bruise.

RLABAuw.jpg

Unfortunately the Germans then send reinforcements. 16k men meet the French 45k in a vain attempt to secure Stuttgart. The enemy loses more than half their forces and is forced into retreat.

1tteZri.jpg

The victories at Stuttgart are so devastating that just 5 days later, the Germans concede, and are annexed into the French Empire.

Those two victories in the south of Germany mean that France has now advanced ahead of its fortresses in the Rhineland, but with your comrehensive victory over Great (or formerly Great) Britain and an improvement in relations between France and Austria, there is no alliance that can stand against you. Onwards to Berlin!

Those two victories in the south of Germany mean that France has now advanced ahead of its fortresses in the Rhineland, but with your comrehensive victory over Great (or formerly Great) Britain and an improvement in relations between France and Austria, there is no alliance that can stand against you. Onwards to Berlin!

Metternich showing up makes things a bit easier, I don't need to worry about Austria joining Britain. Tonight we dine in... Berlin. Or tomorrow, if that's more convenient.

1808 May - August

cMnpU7F.jpg

In the beginning of May, it seems Metternich's valiant efforts to reconciliate France failed. On May 5, France declares the Austro-French war, and lunges at the throat of the Austrians. France occupied most of Tirol and the border territories by mid-June. The French troops meet no resistance; they are slowed only by the limits of their marching and the limited reserves of food gnawing at the armies.

Xot28kA.jpg

The Austrians free a large amount of brigades and send them headlong into the French armies. The French repel them at every turn, and the assaults cost the Habsburgs 30k men.

8fB0dfT.jpg

The Austrians retreat briefly to reorganize, and meet the French advancing on Lienz, and both sides took heavy losses, and the Austrians fled north.

diT81d5.jpg

Karl von Osterreich led another assault on Salzburg, but the French have the defensive advantage of the mountain fort in Salzburg. General von Osterreich realizes the futility of the strike, and the Austrians retreat to avoid heavy losses.

1808 September - December

In early October, it appears the war is coming to a close. The Alps are now exclusively French-controlled, and French troops have seized the coastline, blockading Austria from food, with the intent of choking their Mediterranean trade. Austria quickly began to lose steam, and it became clear that Austria had lost.
Z5saIZl.jpg

Karl von Osterreich amassed all of his remaining soldiers at his disposal, and launched one more desperate attack an Klagenfurt. The battle lasted 3 days, and Von Osterreich lost thousands of men, and was disgraced in his retreat.

rWgZIef.jpg

Mitternich meets in Paris to discuss peace with Napoleon. Mitternich has lost his admiration for Napoleon's charisma and skill. "Austria and France hold no pretensions of friendship.", Mitternich quipped as he signed off on Napoleon's offer. The offer was simple: Italy would liberate all ethnic Italians in the Austrian Empire, and Austria would rescind its influence with the Holy Roman Empire, and its guarantees toward Bavaria. To add insult to injury, Austria was forced to empty her coffers into Napoleon's hands.

It was then, on the 16th of October that Napoleon finally dissolved the Holy Roman Empire. The Empire was nothing but a namesake, a collection of city-states banded together under indirect French rule for more effecient administration. The remainders of Charlemagne's legacy are over, dead in the hands of one man, Napoleon Bonaparte.

fLcS2Kl.jpg

In late October, Spain begins the invasion of Algeria.

Another power put in their place by France, although I can't help but feel that Austria got off somewhat lightly there - how much Italian land did they lose? With the HRE dealt with, it is time to establisha new order in Germany. Onwards to Berlin!

Loving this and looking forward to the next installment :)

Thanks! It should be tomorrow.

you oughta satellite portugral just in case

That's in the plans, they have Lisbon.

Another power put in their place by France, although I can't help but feel that Austria got off somewhat lightly there - how much Italian land did they lose? With the HRE dealt with, it is time to establisha new order in Germany. Onwards to Berlin!

Yeah, I had hoped to dig into Austria a bit more there, but I couldn't afford a war in Britain at the time. They lost a good amount of land, I'll put a comparison picture up. The Français-Allemagne Empire is in the works!

Been watching this for a while. Your next task is to take the Italian states and crown Napoleon in Rome on Christmas Day!