• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody bollocks. I'd prefer a save from before the game confused us with CoF, but we shall stride on if needed. Just, let's not make the thing too surrealistic.

You mean you are not aware of an event that transforms our armored divisions into cavalry of unicorns?

...I think it's actually becoming clear that the best course of action would have been to accept German overlordship in the aftermath of the First World War, give up our territorial aspirations, become an loyal German puppet, and pick up the scraps that the German dog leaves for us.

Because in that path, we'd at least have scraps. In the path we took, we have...er...nothing.

Well our original TRP colours are red and blue, as you can see on that logo, but we simply picked the rebel flag because it looked better. Is the haitian flag the logo of the TRrealism project then?

I don't think it is, but I was just wondering why you are using the Partisan flag even though your old logo is red/blue. Well, you explained the reason, thanks.

I don't think it is, but I was just wondering why you are using the Partisan flag even though your old logo is red/blue. Well, you explained the reason, thanks.

Because we're partisans? :D

Anyhow, let's get back on-topic, all further discussions can be held at the game forums. You might also noticed we removed all links to the forum: there's a new rule in effect now so we can't link to non-PDOX sites anymore.

Working on the update, should roll by in an hour or two

The issue is with the accronym TRP nothing more.

TRP = Total Realism Project

The mod has been on these forums since Hearts of Iron 1 for 8 years! Its like me using the accornym CORE and calling it "Calistos Online Renegade Engine", it is both unprofessional and rude for me to do something like that since CORE is another popular mod that has been around since Hearts of Iron 1 and has contributed greatly to the game and the community.

That is me saying it

Now as a Demi Moderator

Regardless weather you are right or wrong in any of this discussion

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_faq_forum_rules

Rule #2 specifically states
You will not argue with, comment on or question the actions/authority of the Paradox staff (Administrators, Moderators, etc.) in a public forum. Should you wish to do so you are directed to contact the Paradox staff via PM (the private messaging system - see “Violations and Penalties” below).

I have now sent you 3 PMs asking you nicely to edit your posts and deal with the issue via PMs and all three times you bascially told me to go away. Now it is late in the evening in most of Europe so the admins are not around but I have pointed them to this thread and they will decide what to do here. I would ask everyone to kindly not discuss this issue and to stick about talking about the main topic of this thread which is the gentlemans AAR etc...

I agree. I think TRP (the forumer duo of Vincent and Laurence) are evil copyrightstealing bastards and should be punished by the full extent of the law.

Though frankly I have a bit of a beef with 4th dimension as well. I am very short on time and his name seems to be the catalyst (haha geddit physics joke).

The issue is with the accronym TRP nothing more.

TRP = Total Realism Project

The mod has been on these forums since Hearts of Iron 1 for 8 years! Its like me using the accornym CORE and calling it "Calistos Online Renegade Engine", it is both unprofessional and rude for me to do something like that since CORE is another popular mod that has been around since Hearts of Iron 1 and has contributed greatly to the game and the community.

That is me saying it

Now as a Demi Moderator

Regardless weather you are right or wrong in any of this discussion

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_faq_forum_rules

Rule #2 specifically states
You will not argue with, comment on or question the actions/authority of the Paradox staff (Administrators, Moderators, etc.) in a public forum. Should you wish to do so you are directed to contact the Paradox staff via PM (the private messaging system - see “Violations and Penalties” below).

I have now sent you 3 PMs asking you nicely to edit your posts and deal with the issue via PMs and all three times you bascially told me to go away. Now it is late in the evening in most of Europe so the admins are not around but I have pointed them to this thread and they will decide what to do here. I would ask everyone to kindly not discuss this issue and to stick about talking about the main topic of this thread which is the gentlemans AAR etc...

Whatever, we edited our posts. It's unlikely it will make any difference, but still.

As you wish then. We'll send a PM to the admin staff and ask them what they think of it. Still, we're amazed and unnerved that this could happen.

Cheers,

-Laurence and Vincent

Last edited:
*Cough* To be honest i think Transient Receptor Potential has been there for decades. *cough*

*Cough* To be honest i think Transient Receptor Potential has been there for decades. *cough*

I thought about posting other meanings for TRP as well, but I decided not to offend the moderators.

Good thing that I live in Europe. I just go sleep soon, and when I wake up in the morning, Paradox employees still haven't answered to this issue.

I thought about posting other meanings for TRP as well, but I decided not to offend the moderators.

Good thing that I live in Europe. I just go sleep soon, and when I wake up in the morning, Paradox employees still haven't answered to this issue.

Yeah you are right about the fact that they probably wont.

What a silly arguement.

Anyway I'm looking forward to the next updates.

I agree. I think TRP (the forumer duo of Vincent and Laurence) are evil copyrightstealing bastards and should be punished by the full extent of the law.

Though frankly I have a bit of a beef with 4th dimension as well. I am very short on time and his name seems to be the catalyst (haha geddit physics joke).

Rule #5 of Time convention:
You are not to discuss anything concerning a Time Lord. Or he will erase you utterly.

Storm on the horizon

Good morning gentlemen. As you are all probably well aware of right now, the world has taken an unexpected turn. For the worse, that is.

47841294.jpg
First, some economic and political news from the illustrious Phorum Méditerrannée. Apparently, many of the attendants condemn our arms selling in the ME and the balkans, although not everyone with the most honest of intentions. For example, the day after Egypt condemned the arms exports that are driving our economic surge, agents of the Egyptian government placed new orders for large quantities of small arms and artillery, enough to equip at least ten divisions and six artillery brigades.

68463213.jpg
As you all know, the stunning and highly contested victory of the Autonomists in the British Trade Union elections led to the independence of the British federal protectorates of Scotland and Wales. The government has successfully reached out to these nations, who accepted a Guarantee of Independence, coupled with a treaty of Military Access.

68302084.jpg
In Algiers, Grand Admiral OAM has responded favourably to requests of the government to strengthen bonds between 'the two France's'. He has also agreed to enter a defensive military alliance should either France ever come under attack.

72970726.jpg

84919952.jpg
As part of the government's cunning plan to obtain a navy under a false flag operation, we recently bought most of the US' Atlantic Fleet. The 'Atlantic Achat', already considered the economic transaction of the century, leaves us with a very capable navy and a large array of somewhat aged capital ships. As we speak the government has bought three 1936 Carriers, six modern Battleships, two aged Heavy Cruisers and several flotillas of Light Cruisers and Destroyers. The ships are now underway to National France and Ireland, where they will be ported and mainained by French engineers, so as to not to raise German suspicion.

14075063.jpg
The influx of French state funds gave the American economy some breathing room. Unfortunately, as we found out, it was already too late: Barely a week after the American ships left port, Minutemen extremists under Huey Long assasinated the president and seized power. The population revolted, and in the ensuing chaos the American Syndicalists, based in Michigan, declared their independence and started the Second American Civil War. In an attempt to escape the destruction, California declared it's independence along with other Western states, calling themselves the Pacific States of America.

70447295.jpg
The sudden collapse of the United States gave other Pacific empires a chance to claim some of her Empire: Days after California declared independence, Japanese forces landed on Guam and seized the island, and are headed to Hawaii as we speak. The population there is powerless, as the mainland is fully occupied with the civil war and it's unlikely they will get support anytime soon.

12740714.jpg
As part of the cabinet's plan to start a full militarization campaign, Vesimir decided to send his agents to mingle in the rocky 1937 Ausgleich negotiations. By secretely funding the fascist Great Hungarian and Magyar-nationalist parties, French intelligence set the Hungarians up against the Austrians leading to heavy debates and even riots in the Parliament of Vienna.

90568287.jpg
Aside from that, government-funded insurgency in the Pacific Australasia has suceeded in replacing the fascist government with a cabinet more friendly to us: We can now consider Australasia as our first official ally. This creates great possibilities for the future, as we now have access to military bases in the South-Pacific, within striking range of Japanese, German and American targets.

23133413.jpg
After some time, our attempts at creating a diversion for Germany were successfull: The Magyar nationalists managed to seize the power in Hungary, and instantly went on to close down their borders and centralize the country. As is usual with balkan states, this set off a chain reaction. Bulgaria and Romania decided to mobilize in face of possible Austrian agression, after which Austria began to mobilize, after which Germany began sending troops South to end the riot.

55372934.jpg
Hungary refused to be silenced however, and broke all ties to Austria, resulting in a declaration of war. German forces entered Austria to fight the Hungarians, upsetting the other balkan states...

24611988.jpg
...who decided to ally with the Hungarian Empire, in a balkan alliance known as the Belgrade Pact. Mitteleuropa now has an extremely fortified balkan front to worry about, while at the same time facing a stalling advance in China and powerfull resistance in India.

20205133.jpg
To make matters worse for them, the Soviet Union decided to unleash another rogue state on the world: In order to throw Japan off balance in their war, Soviet intelligence services secretly funded Korean separatists, who promptly declared their sovereignity and began the Korean War of Independence. Japan, a long-time ally of Germany and Germany's only stable imperialist ally in Asia, is now in sever danger of being caught between Pacific adventures and problems at home.

65465366.jpg
With Germany distracted, President Tuore set in motion the second part of his plan: As we speak, our Republic has started the largest militarization campaign ever in the history of France, throwing off the shackles of the Orléans Treaty for good. There is no turning back now: Either we manage to raise a credible army in time for Germany to find out, or they catch us at our weakest and we are utterly crushed.

30110405.jpg
Then some urgent developments to our South, where the Italian Social Republic decided to declare war on Northern-Italy and reunify the Boot.

61126130.jpg
The Pope, spiritual and de facto political leader of Northern-Italy is mistrusting of Austria and Germany, and has pleaded to us for an intervention in Italy to help them crush the Syndicalist threat. A foreign adventure could be risky, but on the other hand this is a great opportunity to press our territorial claims and take back our former provinces...

We have entered what will most likely be the most crucial priod in the history of France. What the government decides the next few months could make or break our Republic. Thankfully, we are a lot better off now than the weak economically backwards state we were after the Great War: Our economy is on the rebound, our Navy is being rebuilt, and our national cohesion is stronger than ever.

That is all for today gentlemen. You will find the Issues Facing the Administration in the files on your desk. thank you for attending​

-------------------------​

Yeah, so the screwed up event tree made the AUS our syndie ally :confused:. there's also no way to boot them since we're considered a Major Alliance (the Internationale), so there really isn't much we can do. Let's just do the suspension of disbelief thing and accept them as our new ally :D. Issues coming in a sec

Status
Not open for further replies.