• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Youth Program was a plan to help kids who have been "left behind" during this economic crisis and to help them learn skills while having fun. If the opposition has problems with certain areas of this bill then why not improve it as you see it. In a funtional Democracy, the opposition works to improve the country along with the Government. Voting down everything is not creating a workable Democracy.

Opposition Reveals: The Government's hidden plans

------------------------------------------------------------------

People of France. In the elections, you were voting for the lefts in hope of a better economy, and a reconstructed France. I'm sure you are now feeling the opposite. No one can deny the fact that the current coalition, serving as the government, contains strange alliances and would certainly cause internal tremble. You are right. The worst decision for the PPSP has been to form such an alliance. Their coalition is shattering, and are no longer trusting each other. This has led to the point where the opposition has a spy inside the government.

Have you ever wondered what is actually happening in the office? What are they discussing about, how are they reacting?
Let the opposition government present you some governmental threads that they have wanted to keep away.

Said by President Iceman, on the 16th of June, preceding the announcement of the health reform:

A big reform should be passed now. I have a bad feeling about the 1938 election. And it would be sucide for a Bonapartist to remove it. I will start in the PPSP forum a Educational and Health Care reform ideas.

The government is not even trusting their own chances when it comes to politics! And you can also see the last sentence. PPSP has formed a strong idea and is wanting to prevent any changes to it.

As for the actions to cut dissent, they want to create a National Youth group. Basically an equivalent of our Hitlerjugend, only that they will teach leftist stuff instead of racism and nazism. It's supposed to be an alternative to the Sunday schools they begrudgingly agreed to leave alone.

See? See? They have planned to create a Hitler-jugend. We shall call it Iceman-jugend. Fortunately, this bill is currently being crushed.

Let us continue further. Said by HMAS-Nameless on Relations with Switzerland:
guys i might just give you a little preview of a future event no one is to no about. basically any frienship beyond trade agreements is bad in the future we may be in a little bit of event based conflict soon enough. Anyway this isnt to be discussed because it hasnt happened yet.

They are aware that their actions will lead to a conflict. Not a good sign of inner integrity. PPSP wishes to create instability for their own egotistic needs instead of having the interests of France in mind.

By President Iceman on the same matter:
I did not intent for an outright pact with Russia, We can trade with them and serectly propuse a united front agaisnt the German threat. We dont even need to tell the Bonapartists.

They want to keep things hidden from the public. They are ensuring that any dangerous idea isn't released to the public. But their weak attempts at hiding information has proven useless. What kind of image does that give of the government?

Also, regarding the inner tolerance towards the PPSP's actions:

The coalition is falling apart, the PaJ repeats over and over that if the government starts acting communist on the world stage (Directly that is.), it will withdraw its support.

Finally some grave news. The government is trying to intervene militarily in Africa.

They want to raise 50 thousand men (5 militia divisions) as a force that could act as the French Civil Guard during war or civil war. They're trying to secure their future.

Women are to be allowed to join.

The government also wants to send HMAS to french Africa to start a rebellion as they decided that OAM won't negiotiate with them whatever happens. Basically, he is to turn Africa into a hellhole with either various african nations declaring independence and only the north coast staying French or replacing the grand admiral with someone more sympathetic to their causes.

Government of the Republic of France, you are on your way to destruction. You should have picked your allies better. Your government will now descend into chaos and it will drive you paranoid.

I have done what a true patriot would do, and released your secret plans to indoctrinate France to the public.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: This is just for indexing purposes. The actual thread is located in the main game forums (not in Press Room).

Tuore you sir have just ruined La Republique. I don't want to be part of a realpolitik where this bullshit happens. This has been unfair and now you dont even deserve presidency. You literally had no right to do this. We would never do something so vile. thanks for ruining the game:mad:

Yup, politics is war...and spying is part of war, so spying is part of politics :rofl:

Tim

You have to remember that it happens in real life also. One of German intelligence agencies infiltrated one extremist party (NPD) with so many spies that no one knew how many were real party members and who were agents. Which is quite funny, in fact.

But I think that it is quite certain that this government's time is coming to an end. Elections, here we come.

you guys are no fun at all. you tell us to rebuild the nation and when we take the first steps of a rebuilding programme you automatically torpedo it. Get your priorities right stereotypes. and btw if you havent noticed to the amendment bill has been withdrawn, so no more voting to destroy the nation.

You are not rebuilding the nation you are building an personal army to yourself in the fear that your actions might cause civil unrest in the nations.

1) No Adhom, thanks.

2) A national youth league is not rbuilding the nation. Expansion ofthe industrial base is rebuilding the nation. Improving infrastructure is rebuilding the nation. Instituting national service in the army for the youth aged 18 for a year WOULD be rebuilding the nation. Creating a youth league is not rebuilding the nation, it's indoctrinating it. It doesn't help you were SO OBVIOUS about the ends you intended to use it for.

I'm placing a bill

I vote YAY

I VOTE YAY

Tuore you sir have just ruined La Republique. I don't want to be part of a realpolitik where this bullshit happens. This has been unfair and now you dont even deserve presidency. You literally had no right to do this. We would never do something so vile. thanks for ruining the game:mad:

I even REMEMBER TRP saying that watch out who you invite to your parties, spying is permitted and whatnot. Your own damn fault.

^This guy^

Especially if you're the government, you would do good to know the rules of the game and be aware of comments we made earlier ('backstabbing is allowed' 'spying is allowed', 'be carefull who you talk to'). Carelessly spreading info was a risk you took yourselves, it's better to confine your info *and have spies in the opposition* to make sure you're playing it safe. Alas, this is a game like any other, with winners and losers.

Government control and organisation have now dropped to critical levels, so the opposition may now launch motion of no confidence if they desire to. If a 2/3rds majority in voting is reached, your government is defeated and we will enter re-elections.

Just like in Belgium, France has now entered the 1937 government crisis :D. Update coming when I finish it with more info.

you guys are no fun at all. you tell us to rebuild the nation and when we take the first steps of a rebuilding programme you automatically torpedo it.

That happens in every government ever. Even back during Realpolitik1, when the Center dominated the government, we, in the Left Opposition, were critiquing everything the government was doing. The Left even went against decolonization, for crying out loud!

The only way to stop this is a unity government, and I am sorely thinking France need this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.