• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elections are starting 11th of June, midway between Elections in the Netherlands and Belgium...nice :D

Oh and vote for the FINP! We want a restoration of French glory, and a world without communism! For the Emperor, for France!

Tim

Big FINP ad poster coming today. I think I take this too seriously, because I'm thinking about a new constitution for France in my mind. :D

Big FINP ad poster coming today. I think I take this too seriously, because I'm thinking about a new constitution for France in my mind. :D

See? SEE? Those damn Napoleonists are going to violate our sacred constitution and remove our base values (liberty, equality, fraternity). Treason, treason, treason :p

98432376.png

Beware, I have very much stuff I can make an advertise from. In these elections, we shall give no mercy!

See? SEE? Those damn Napoleonists are going to violate our sacred constitution and remove our base values (liberty, equality, fraternity). Treason, treason, treason :p

A lie. We are all for fraternity, liberty and equality for all people (except those that are German or Communist)!

And after we enthrone the current Bonaparte in the throne of France/Terra, we declare the war on Mars. Because it's red and it's there.

@tuore
We have just researched "Advanced Photoshop Skillz". Fear our advertisments. They will bury you!

Interesting. So the RE has chosen to take on the FINP in the next elections, which means the right is now split in two power blocs, the more moderate Conservatives/Conservative liberals and the radical Fascists and Bonapartists. The left side would be the PaJ and the SSP, in total three important blocs weighing in at 10 members each. How will this turn out? :D

And the elections will probably run a little longer than usual, we'd like enough voters so the end result is representative. Realpolitik's first elections had 75 voters but we don't think we'll get that number again, but if the 40 people registered on the forum would vote we'd already have a fair amount of votes to distribute :D. Our goal really is to have a big playerbase in which parties have good internal organisation, really making it a Mass-Multiplayer Politics AAR :D. We're also going to make sure nobody takes any office permanently, so that means a max of two consecutive terms for every player, and every now and then we'll request the parties to elect new chairmen. Hopefully, the system will be balanced enough so everyone can have fun at the same time, and not just the running cabinet

Vincent

Last edited:
Our goal really is to have a big playerbase in which parties have good internal organisation, really making it a Mass-Multiplayer Politics AAR :D.

If this is ever achieved, it's really like a micro-sized society. That would be awesome.

Well technically every member on the PDOX AARland forums could (and should) be a voter, since it doesn't require any registration. We're hoping for a core team of actual 'players' which will probably be aligned to a party anyway, with the two-vote system this makes inter-party diplomacy very important, but around that a circle of unaligned voters, making outcomes more than just the result of strategic planning. Around election time i'll ask Firestorm if he can put a note up in DMLL, get some people from other AARs to vote here

Vince

You guys know the drill but a reminder can always be helpful...please don't get carried away spamming the thread. This should be an AAR and not a meeting ground. :)

You guys know the drill but a reminder can always be helpful...please don't get carried away spamming the thread. This should be an AAR and not a meeting ground. :)

Yep, I was feeling a bit same way. I decided to take away that other ad of mine, I'll spare it to the time when the elections actually start.

Another thing, how would you guys feel about adopting the bill system as used in the other Realpolitik II (the one with America?) we thought it was a neat idea, makes the game less 'presidential dictatorship' and more 'parliamentary democracy'. In fact, I suggest a vote on it

All in favour of Law Concept I: Parliamentary Democracy?
With this bill in place, the government will have to consult the parliament in a vote in order to instate new laws or systems (a bigger military budget, etc). Everyone registered on the Paradox forums is eligible to vote according to the following system: Elected party members' votes are worth 3 votes, an opposition member's vote 2 and an unregistered (non-player) reader vote is worth one vote

(answers are 'ouais' and 'non', french variants of the aye and nay)
(Since this is the first vote, all votes are worth 1 vote)

I vote Ouais. Pour la republique!

voting ends tomorrow morning or tonight

Ouais

Yes, very good idea. This way it won't be ruling party dictatorship. I still remember the major headache we had with internal opposition in PCP, now the same thing will happen with the entire government. Very nice, very nice.

I haven't heard from my fellow Jacobins, anyone know where they went off to? I'm posting on this thread in the hope we can reconstitute the party. If I'm the sole survivor... well gonna have to find a new party.

I haven't heard from my fellow Jacobins, anyone know where they went off to? I'm posting on this thread in the hope we can reconstitute the party. If I'm the sole survivor... well gonna have to find a new party.

Some members seem to have dissapeared, indeed. If nobody turns up and you switch to another party, let me know and I'll disband the Jacobins and their forum.

Bill I: Parliamentary democracy 3-0 currently.

And, could the party leaders decide on which colour they will pick to represent their party in the graphs/etc? I was thinking golden/yellow for Bonapartists, red and orange for commies, blue for Alliance Democratique, teal for Rationalists, darkblue for Republican Entente

Another thing, how would you guys feel about adopting the bill system as used in the other Realpolitik II (the one with America?) we thought it was a neat idea, makes the game less 'presidential dictatorship' and more 'parliamentary democracy'. In fact, I suggest a vote on it

Yes! My Realpolitik II seems to have given some ideas!

As for the voting, I vote Ouais. The system worked greatly in RP2, I'm sure it works fine in LR.

Status
Not open for further replies.