- Dec 25, 2011
La Fédération Amazonienne
Amazonie lies in the western most part of Ameriga, the continent between the South Atlantic and Pacific oceans. The untamed vastness of amazonian rainforest and the Amazonas basin lie to the west and the north, claimed by many and controlled by none. To the west is the Atlantic, the window to the world at large, greedy eyes of Burgundy, Spain, and the Dual Monarchy looming in the distance. To the southwest and south are the unwelcoming Atlantian Highlands, extending from the coast as far as Amazónie Inferieure and shared by Lotharingia; beyond that, the Argent Basin, controlled by them.
The Federation, the sole democracy in the Amerigan continent, is at a crucial point in history. Lotharingian regime defies freedom itself, Gran Colombia rumbles like a giant waking up (or crumbling), incans and beornians cry their own woes. Port Libérté gathers up its strenght to weather the storm to come.
1. Introduction (Anselme, P)
2. Justified Expansionism (Anselme, P)
1. Welcome to the Jungle (Atlantique, Mission Françiscaine)
2. Fog of War (Lotharingian Atlantic Hills, Saxi Bourdon)
This is a Divergences AAR
For those of you unfamiliar with the great world of Divergences (DVG), first and foremost, shame on you.
It's a great Alternate History mod, born in the wake of civilization (around 2010). It answers 4 main what-ifs:
- What if the Duke of Burgundy decided to help the Plantagenet King in the Hundred Years war?
- What if Chenghua Emperor did not abandon Ming China's legacy on exploration, but instead committed even more to it?
- What if Isabella of Spain married João of Portugal instead of Ferrán of Aragon?
- What if The Kalmar Union evolved into a unitary and strong state in Scandinavia?
Add butterfly effect and you got an interesting if not contentious world that constantly evolves.
If you are reading this AAR and realize you don't understand something I assume you did, here is the place to go looking for answers, the glorious History Thread. There be Short Stories explaining succinctly how the various nations developed after the Point of Divergence, and a pretty handy timeline with the main events to go with them.
Here is the last version of the mod for download in Github. Beware, it's addictive.
This is the main thread, where you can go discuss the mod and linguistics, mostly. But also polyglot prime ministers, bugs you might find, tell us your game story, give suggestions, etc.
I don't remember which version it started, though. Attalus has been rather trigger happy with the updates (which is far from being a bad thing, don't get me wrong) and I'm quite slow with this, so it is an old version, unfortunately.