• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HomerDOHSimpson

Corporal
28 Badges
Jun 4, 2016
  • Magicka
  • King Arthur II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
That's the first time in my playthroughs that i don't encounter anything - according to the wiki page here the "Gray" section seems the only viable choice - i scanned all planets with a Level 6-9 Scientist / Conclave modules and "Map the Stars" buff but got no anomaly...
Was this my last chance?

Pretty sure there is actually a chance of nothing. At least there was when it first came out (think it was before they added Gray). Haven't encountered it in a while.

Reactions:
Check to see if the planets are terraformable, sometimes that's easy to miss.

You would have known if it was three of the outcomes. It is most likely the L-Drakes. I tried to look through distant stars events code and couldn't find anything specifically about spawn rate of nanites. I thought at least one celestial body is supposed to have nanites but I'm not entirely sure.

If it was the Gray you definitely would have found it unless another empire managed to claim the system with anomaly before you were able to survey it.

I also got nothing once, in version 2.3 or 2.4 IIRC: no event when opening the gates, no drakes, and no nanite deposits either. On all other occasions I got the gray tempest.

According to the Wiki there are four outcomes: the Gray Tempest is obvious, and the L-Drakes should be too, although, as I understand it, they are not hostile initially and could be mistaken for Tiyanki or similar. There's also apparently a chance of meeting another race inside the cluster, but that, too, would be obvious. The last outcome may not be obvious initially: it is supposedly tied to an anomaly that you will have to research first.

When you open the L-Gates you get a pop-up if what you find:
- Gray Tempest
- Gatebuilders
- L-Drakes
- Silence

The latter upon release was simply nothing, but since they added variety you can get an anomaly in in the system to the right of Terminal Egress, which is Gray.
There might be a chance that nothing is still an option, but as a fixed anomaly an AI survey ship could possibly get it. Did the AI survey any L-Cluster planets before you did?

Reactions:
When you open the L-Gates you get a pop-up if what you find:
- Gray Tempest
- Gatebuilders
- L-Drakes
- Silence

The latter upon release was simply nothing, but since they added variety you can get an anomaly in in the system to the right of Terminal Egress, which is Gray.
There might be a chance that nothing is still an option, but as a fixed anomaly an AI survey ship could possibly get it. Did the AI survey any L-Cluster planets before you did?
I didn't get a pop up in my last game, and it was L-Drakes. And I didn't encounter any of the L-Drakes either - they all spawned on the map outside the L-Cluster, and outside my territory.

but as a fixed anomaly an AI survey ship could possibly get it.
I'm not sure whether that can happen - according to the Wiki only the empire that opened the cluster can get it. However, if it's fixed, and an AI claims that system before the player manages to survey said planet, then there's no way to actually get the anomaly. Except maybe destroying that AI empire without claiming the system: that will reset it to the unsurveyed status before it was claimed.

I didn't get a pop up in my last game, and it was L-Drakes. And I didn't encounter any of the L-Drakes either - they all spawned on the map outside the L-Cluster, and outside my territory.
To clarify, if you encounter an L-Drake with a science ship, you do get a pop-up, but it appears that the L-Drakes don't spawn in the L-Cluster where your Science Ship is, they spawn outside it.

To clarify, if you encounter an L-Drake with a science ship, you do get a pop-up, but it appears that the L-Drakes don't spawn in the L-Cluster where your Science Ship is, they spawn outside it.

Now it's been a while since I had the L-Drakes, but I did get a pop-up upon opening the L-Gates about them.
And it even told me where one was headed.

L-Drakes fly to a number of suns of the same star type dependent on galaxy size. And you should get another pop up when a science ship(!!) enters one of those systems. So searchiung for them can be done by sending your scientist all around the galaxy

In one of those twists of irony, I seem to have indeed gotten nothing in L-Space in my current game. I am confident that I surveyed everything before any other Empire did, and there are no Immature Specimens on the map. It looks like I got the Gray result without Gray.

Again, be sure to check all the planets. Last L-Space I got there was a single terraformable planet in there, just one :)