• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 110373

Saves are busted - check my screenshot, not sure what is triggering it but saves are blowing up in size dramatically.

http://imgur.com/FsXfgK4

I am having what seems to be this exact problem. I am playing as the North and it the year 331. I'm not sure of this is related but I defeated Stannis and conquered King's landing. Oddly enough Stannis is still king of the iron throne even though I won the war and my daughter control's king's landing. Stannis has since declared war on me and this is where the problems seemed to start. I went to check the size of my save and in the span of a year it has gone from about 3.8mb to 42mb with a constant CTD at the same date. Not sure what's going on.

any ideas about what generally causes a save file to jump to such ridiculous sizes? Great mod but very frustrating when your save becomes completely broken.

I restarted a game at the War of Conquest after the 2.1.6 update. I had to fix the save game at some point because an event was repeating itself thousands of times and it seemed to make it playable for a while. But now, without having changed anything, my last save games have become unplayable: I can select them and they load fine, but as soon as I unpause and the first day passes, the game crashes.
I cannot find out why these and not the others: about half a dozend saved games crash like this (the most recent ones), while the older ones seem to work fine.

EDIT: attempting to re-save one of those games once loaded also makes the game crash.

Last edited:
Few small bugs I found:

When my character cheated on his wife, the tooltip said "set hedonist to 1" or sth like that, but I didn't get the hedonist trait :(

Holy orders have in their names "the" two times, for example "The The Poor Fellows".

on the latest version:

-regurlarly getting random "Kingsmoot" popup (as Dragonlord of New Valyria or King of the Iron Throne alike) saying one of my vassals smashed his own teeth in (no effect)

-Aegon I's fertility seems rather low (checked with console, it is 20% in a default new game). In 3 out of my 4 games Orys ended up inheriting whatever titles Aegon held, since he failed to impregnate his sisters.

-Patricians of Essos declare slave raids on targets they can never reach lacking in ships/AI refuses to raise ships and ship in the army (likely vanilla ai issue, but I think there's some triggers since in some cases it works just fine, and then I see the very same Triarch declare his next raid, raise a new army and simply let them wait at the shore till it is ticked off to 100% and he loses. It might be related to them not having enough ships to embark all men, and the AI refusing to split the army in half)

-Some Lady in Dhorne at the conquest bookmark is apparently married to herself (and also managed to get five children for whom she is marked as both parents, making her parents the children's grandparents on both sides), I do not recall which fief it was but she held a High Lordship

-Grand Hunt not available for followers of the seven anymore, apparently

-Norvos and Qohor have starting trade posts located in ruined provinces, not sure if wad. Particularly useless since colonizing the ruin erases the trade post.

-lots of buggy tooltips:
on the event where you marry a lowborn woman to your son and ask for the dowry, but instead create her parents (I AM DERP AI). Btw I LOVE this idea, since this way I can make that wonderful talented girl's family nobles too (and inherit the land back once I am my current grandson and she dies!)
on various events that raise lifestyle trait counter (hedonist whenever flirting with someone else's wife, gardener after the summer fair are the ones I have seen)
likely more I forgot which are less present

-when setting Ironborn armies as looter and entering a province to raid, the hostile timer is set for 1800 days, enforcing the ai to keep their troops raised in stalwart for years after a raid is long over

Last edited:
In Dany's event chain
Code:
k_meereen = { succession = seniority }
I don't think this works when playing from the CoK scenario. At least not when I tried; I'd also consider changing gender laws so your not stuck in Agnatic Gavelkind ;)
(shouldn't it be add_law = succ_seniority or something?)

version 0.7.1

The event for calling you bannerman in a war with independent/lord paramount (id = 999900900, westeros_civil_war_events.txt) keeps popping up when at war.
I think adding is_triggered_only = yes should fix it, reading from the event right above it (that event says it is triggered form the db, and it triggers this event).

Last edited:
Version 0.7.1.

- When you are on a quest for a valyrian stell, you are still able to attend weddings. Additional check here could be useful.

- I also experience random change of heirs here and there. I know that's not very useful information but i post this if it is only me or there are some others experiencing this.

Im getting ctd while playing as Aegon II in the 'Faith Militant Uprising' bookmark. I've gone through about 4-5 times, and each time I end up crashing about 2 or 3 years in. Right before, I catch something about a plot to kill someone... so that might have something to do with it.

I have the checksum specified for 0.7.1 vanilla. So theres nothing wrong with my CK2 installation.

When the event fires that asks you whether you wish to imprison a member of hte Kingsguard, let them go, etc., when you are at war with their family, choosing the option that decides to trust them causes you to attempt to arrest them, with them often fleeing and being known as 'the oathbreaker'. I lost all seven members of my Kingsguard due to that bug :p

Having granted a republican (ducal) title to a member of House Velaryon in the Rebellion bookmark (playing as Aerys/Rhaegar) I forgot to take care of the culture, which resulted in 4 high valyrian Patrician Vassals in his Republic.

However, while I simply epxected a broken republic until west valyrian or clawman patricians would spawn, the game seems to work different.
Ever since the creation of the republic, my own court is literally spammed by high valyrian lowborns several times each month- who, as designed, die of natural causes right away as High Valyrians in this bookmark should.

I kind of sense the game gives and kills off all these courtiers because it disables itself from killing the vassal patricians, but still has to kill off High Valyrians in a decent amount since it tells itself there are too many.

Version 0.7.1

CTD as Lord of Stokeworth in 8014 (started Bleeding Years scenario) - extreme slowdown in 2 days before the crash.

CTD when opening the religion panel for the Mountain Old Gods.

Edit: I also have noticed that the emerging Khalasar troop boost is no longer appearing when I shift capitals as a Dothraki, making raising my armies at their full strength near impossible.

Last edited:
i get a CTD with aegons conquest a few years after i united all of westeros it crashes at the same exact time every time i load the save up my save file is also very big compared to last versions saves

The conversion event for Aegon in the Conquest scenario doesn't seem to be firing when you take oldtown. Leaves you as Valarion religion. Oddly thr one for converting to Rhllor works fine for the Essos conquest though.

The conversion event for Aegon in the Conquest scenario doesn't seem to be firing when you take oldtown. Leaves you as Valarion religion. Oddly thr one for converting to Rhllor works fine for the Essos conquest though.

It does seem to wrok for me. Maybe it's because it doesn't fire upon ocupying oldtown but rather upoen conquering the reach (so the king of the reach must surrender before the event fires

Status
Not open for further replies.