• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
During my game the grandson of my playing character inherited a title from his mother when he was two years old, and now is listed as lady paramount, as if the title wasn't switched to the proper gender after the mother's death.
I'm playing with the latest official patch of CK and the 0.7 version of the mod.

I've reopened the savegames and noticed better when the bug happens. If a character loses his/her (not sure for female character, but I think can be the same) title to a claimant of the opposite gender and you reload the game without exiting CK2 first, the title will stay of the gender of the last person holding it. So you see a lord bearing the title lady.
Closing CK2 and reopening the program solves it, tough.

Last edited:
Not sure if bug, but raised fleet levies in Saltpans can't move/leave the docks. Not sure if this is a map problem, but the little dock graphic seems to be in the river, and playing as non Ironborn I suppose it means the fleets can't navigate out of the river.. or maybe it's the fort level? Maybe it's just me, but it's annoying when raising fleet levies and I can't use those extra ships

broken_saves.jpg

Saves are busted - check my screenshot, not sure what is triggering it but saves are blowing up in size dramatically.

http://imgur.com/FsXfgK4

Loaded up the save in Notepad++ and checked it out... 1.6M rows of text, a lot of it is dead space, probably like 15M+ blank rows. Zipped up the save is only 3.5MB vs 378MB uncompressed.

This is where it breaks down into millions of blank rows spacing out trying to repeat whatever event this is over and over.

delayed_event=
{
event="volantis.12"
days=1
scope=
{
char=3000050
seed=442710308
random=442710308
from=
{
char=30051
seed=442710305
random=442710305
from=
{
char=100174397
seed=442710305
random=442710305
from=
{
char=100174601
seed=956787271
random=956787271
from=
{
char=3000050
seed=442710302
random=442710302
from=
{
char=100174397
seed=442710302
random=442710302
from=
{
char=3000050
seed=124537926
random=124537926
from=
{
char=30051
seed=442710299
random=442710299
from=
{
char=100174397

I went and deleted the Volantis.12 delayed event out of the save - and it reduced the save size down to 23MB uncompressed. My save game works fine now, able to load okay and so far saves are good. I have the corrupted save around compressed if anyone needs to analyze it.

For reference I started in 7996 - Bleeding Years.

Playing as a legitimized Jon Snow now Stark in the AFFC scenario, now that I've successfully re-taken the North, I have already retrieved Rickon, but every time I head Beyond the Wall to get Bran, the game crashes as soon as my army gets one province away from where he currently is.

That is a very old version of the game! Update it through Steam, or if you bought it via gamersgate I think you can ask Paradox for a Steam code.

I get a repeatable bug during the autosave from 8317-8318. I've recently conquered the Iron Throne, I don't know if that has something to do with it.
Here's the save: View attachment 110186

Just thought I'd update on this in case anyone's looking: I loaded a previous save before I got the Iron Throne and I can play indefinitely, but as soon as I receive it, after the year's over the game crashes.

I love the mod, but after a few years of game play starting in the years of blood, my save games seem to be screwed up: they take forever to load, if they load at all. It makes the game crash apparently: its reads 'not responding' in the task manager. Anything I can do?

I should probably add that I've only recently converted to Steam, maybe it's related.

Last edited:
I should probably add that I've only recently converted to Steam, maybe it's related.

It is bugged for me too, has nothing to do with Steam. Has something to do with Volantis and some event it runs. Read a few posts up and all that code I stripped out of my save repeated over and over hundreds of thousands of times causing my save file to swell to over 300MB (only 3.5MB compressed).

I am sure it will get fixed in next release, my advice is to disable autosaves or play another bookmark time period.

In my game as Mance Rayder I defeated the Night's Watch, conquering Castle Black. But then I can't declare war on the rest of the Night's Watch (who are my only neighbours) since they're still vassals to the Lord Commander (who I can't declare war on either since he doesn't have any landed titles anymore). This could be fixed by making the initial war for all of the Night's Watch's holdings instead of just Castle Black.

In my game as Mance Rayder I defeated the Night's Watch, conquering Castle Black. But then I can't declare war on the rest of the Night's Watch (who are my only neighbours) since they're still vassals to the Lord Commander (who I can't declare war on either since he doesn't have any landed titles anymore). This could be fixed by making the initial war for all of the Night's Watch's holdings instead of just Castle Black.

The inital is for all of the Nights Watch holdings, it's recommended that you take them all before enforcing demands or accepting peace.

Some changes were made for the next version to stop the landless LC staying at Castle Black, which may also stop this situation from arising. I'll have a look, thanks for the report.

It is bugged for me too, has nothing to do with Steam. Has something to do with Volantis and some event it runs. Read a few posts up and all that code I stripped out of my save repeated over and over hundreds of thousands of times causing my save file to swell to over 300MB (only 3.5MB compressed).

I am sure it will get fixed in next release, my advice is to disable autosaves or play another bookmark time period.

Yes, that's it: the size of those saved games did rise to a tremendous amount...

Trying to re-colonise a colony that fails seems to be impossible.

I started a colony in north valyria, gave it to a vassal who started constructing buildings, and then lost it when a religious uprising occurred.

Now the colony has 100 men in the garrison, and no amount of troops can conquer it when i try and re-colonise it. Maybe have all buildings destroyed when the colony goes back to a ruin? I sat 70,000 men sieging it for months to no avail.

Cheers

Trying to re-colonise a colony that fails seems to be impossible.

I started a colony in north valyria, gave it to a vassal who started constructing buildings, and then lost it when a religious uprising occurred.

Now the colony has 100 men in the garrison, and no amount of troops can conquer it when i try and re-colonise it. Maybe have all buildings destroyed when the colony goes back to a ruin? I sat 70,000 men sieging it for months to no avail.

Cheers

In that case console imprison.

Hi there,

i played now many times the first campaign with Aegon the Conquerer, but i have always the same problem, i can found, with a decision and without any problems, the kingdom of westeros, but i never could found the crownlands/ iron throne, is that a kind of bug?
If not and iam doing something wrong, than plz tell me what it is.

To form the "iron throne" you have to chose the second bookmark. There you cam play the "war of conquest" and hava additional flavour events (like chosing what to conquer or where to build your capital)

Greetings

Hey, I'm running into a very strange bug when it comes to arranged marriages. When I set up a betrothal for female characters, when both in the pairing are old enough all the regula stuff that is supposed to happen occurs where a tooltip pops up to say they can be wed; the other party sends a message to start the wedding, but once that has been greed upon, a random even pops up where the only choice is "TARG", that randomly re-marries my betrothed daughter off to some underage boy somewhere else in the kingdom, completely screwing up my plans. I am about to go look through the event folder to try to locate this and see if I can remove it, but any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.