• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aug 25, 2003
Visit site
THE STORY THUS FAR:

In the 1800s, a man came to power in the central European state of Bavaria. His name was Ludwig, and he was out of his gourd, with delusions of conquest.

When the Prussian King accepted the Frankfurt Assembly and forged the German nation, those plans were crushed. Though a South German Federation was formed, it was surrounded by powerful neighbors, with little oppertunity to expand.

Then, in 1886, the Mad King made a breakthrough. A Time Train was now a reality. The King only wanted to alter the course of recent history, preventing the 1849 formation of Germany.

But, a malfunction blasted the King and his aide (Ernst) back 800 years to 1066. They became advisors in the court of the Duke of Bavaria, and were responsible for that Duchy becoming the home of the Holy Roman Emperors from 1219 onwards. It was due to them that Bavaria marshalled the German and Polish states to crush the Mongol Hordes in the early 14th century.

But now it is 1419 and the world has changed. The ancient institutions of the Holy Roman Emperor and the feudal system are beginning to crack. This may catch all by surprise...

King: "WHAT THE **** HAPPENED TO MY EMPIRE?!"
GermanyDec301418.jpg

88e4024c.jpg

-----------
And Bavaria marches on! :D

This will get off to a slow start, end-of-semester assignments being what they are, but never fear, for King Ludwig is here!

EDIT: I should probably say this. All those nations inside the black line are my vassals. I used King of Men's Superior Converter so it's more 'realistic' (vassals in CK became vassals in EU2 instead of annexed), and it'll give me more challenge in cnetralizing the Bavarian Empire.

Last edited:
Poor Ludwig. I imagine he is absolutely bonkers.

Blast! I've been lured into the EUII forum... oh well, this AAR is good enough to stray here. Keep up the good stuff, Rocketman.

So, what cultures do you start with?

And indeed, will take quite some time to mop up all the vassals and really get going again :)

I remember I read some of this way back when the CK part just started, seems like you grew nicely since then ;)

Lots and lots of vassals, you will have a mean time keeping it together.

But on the bright side, if things goes bad for Bavaria, we can all take pleasure in that Norway will most likely become the biggest power in the north (even if it is the only power in the north).

(Could we get a high resolution picture of the upset? I am having problems seeing where you have shields.)

man these are hilarious, you can really make those short messages last :) *subrcibes*

I think I'm a banana tree

Normal/Weakling. All historical events save China's/Japan's have been omitted, to prevent weirdness. (HA!)

---------

Ludwig: Ok, we have problems. First, we need a military. Second, we need some taxing places-

People: BOO!

Ludwig: And third, what is that?! *points at the slider controls*

Ernst: I...dunno, sir... *pokes it* ..... It doesn't seem dangerous, sir.

Ludwig: Hmm... *adjusts Centralization slider +1*

The entire castle shook!

King: What?! This castle's on stable ground, not a damn marsh!

Messenger: *breaks down the door* SIR! Peasants are revolting, and our tax revenue went down!

Ludwig: It was this thing! 'Tis an evil thing, surely Satan's handicraft! We must flee! *he drags everyone out*

Slider Control: :(

Despite this, 1419 saw 18000 cavalry created. It also saw Poland and Bohemia go to war with each other, while both were my vassals. This may be why 1419 left and never came back.

Feb 11 - Cities demanded some old rights.

King: Bah!

The castle sank into the unstable swamp.

May - Realize I've been losing vassals.

Me: o_O

Mainz, Ukraine, and Moldavia have left.

Sept 29 - DoW Mainz.

Nov 5 - After defeating the two angry cows that comprised its military, we seige Mainz.

Nov 17 to Dec 28 - Bremen, Munster, Wallachia leave.

Ludwig: It's ok. THEY ARE DESTINED TO BE ANNEXED! I HAVE FORESEEN IT!

Feb 28 - After some Artisans complain, we abolish a tax.

Peasants: YAY!

Iceland and the Palatinat leave later that year.

Jan 6 - Mainz finally falls. It is annexed.

Ludwig: Damn castle. Wasn't that hard to seige four years ago...

Jan 10 - Brandenburg and Gelre leave.

Jan 13 - We try to stamp out corruption! Yeah...

Apr 12 - Altmark leaves.

King: I remember when vassals were actually LOYAL! *launches into two hour rant*

Jun 2 - Land 2 reached.

Ludwig: Celebrations!

Aug 13 - DoW Altmark.

Ludwig: What? It's a legit form of celebration... honest.

Aug 21 - Prussia leaves.

Apr 17 - Altmark is annexed. Brandenburg is DoWed.

King: The army is already nearby, after all!

May 4 - Kiev leaves.

Aug 16 - Lithuania leaves.

Nov 24 - Scots leave. But, we do claim some new land.

Peasant: MINE! *clutches land* My precioussss....

Mar 27 - Uzbek Khans leave

Ernst: They still exist?! AIYE! *hides under his bed*

May 5 - Annex Brandenburg.

July - A realization.

Ludwig: **** the outermost vassals. As long as we keep Germany together, we'll be ok.

Oct 22 - Lorraine (big and powerful 'duchy') leaves.

King: 'Oh', God says, 'A challenge!'.

Aug 22 - DoW Lorraine!

Dec 30 - Some clergy start complaining. They get the royal boot! HAH!

Apr 19 - Take Koln.

Jul 2 - Infra lvl 2

Oct 29 - Lorraine provence taken

Nov 1 - Trade lvl 2

Dec 12 - Brabant taken

Ludwig: Geez, these seiges take forever!

Sept 9 - Pfalz falls, we take all of Lorraince's provinces save the capital and all its gold.

King: Yes, that's more like it!

6e18c002.jpg

Bavaria in Central Europe

dbc463f6.jpg

Ludwig: Hmm, maybe I'm not doing this right.

Ernst: Naw, ya think?

How come French heed to the advice of Jean d'Arc if the historical events have been omitted?

Fun update too. :)