• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by TheArchduke
Somehow we had to move your attention on this again!:)

Can´t believe this was one month ago.;)

Originally posted by TheArchduke
Can´t believe this was one month ago.;)
Well, it was, and as I said, that means you can very well wait another month :D

So that was strictly speaking not fair - but it happens to be the truth. I have been fairly busy lately on a new development project and will continue to be so for the forseable future, except during my summer vacation in the end of July. As such, KoO: IHSV and Persian Tales are both suspended until my vacation - I have enough problems merely keeping up with my contributions to the Machiavelli MP AAR. (Though I post faster than some people I could mention, like - to take an example completely at random - the king of France who has still not written how he managed to lose a war on the Italian plains while utilising cavalry heavy armies under a superior shock leader and facing leaderless infantry heavy Austrian armies.....:p)

Hmmm. Should probably change my .sig to show the suspension. Unless I fall ill before then (avert!), end of July is the earliest opportunity.

Last edited:
Originally posted by LouisSteColombe
And now it's August...

well to be fair to Peter, he didn't say what year....:D

Posting is really the easiest the way to add something to your "subscribe" list...

I love PE's AARs.

Originally posted by Commandante
IIRC, They removed the automatic subscription months ago, so nowadays you have to add threads manually.

errrr. no.

Originally posted by kurtbrian
errrr. no.
It was removed for me, so I have to add them manually. (No idea why)

Chapter the Seventh

Knights of Opportunity: In Hoc Signo Vinces, Chapter 7

Being the second to last chapter, approximately...
...Based on happenings many months in the past as remembered by an author with an imperfect memory
Assembled with much pain by the diligent scribe (said author)... Who at the moment prefers fighting the opposition in Machiavelli, an EU2MP RPG (sort of)...
....Read it before your neighbour....
Thus, without further ado,
....except for the following digression:

What has gone before
Through two centuries of unremitting bloodshed, the order of the Knights Hospitaller has spread from the tiny isle of Rhodes to control France, Italy, Portugal, parts of Spain, Greece, Anatolia, and Germany, as well as complete ownership of North, South, and Central America, plus a smattering of African, Indian, and South East Asian colonies... With Spain, England, Austria, and Sweden vassals to the Grand Master.

Thus is Europe partitioned in 1703
knights_1703_07_01.jpg

Let the action commence. (Note: Mainly action with very little commentary, I am afraid. Let the pictures speak for themselves)

In Hoc Signo Vinces

...The Tyrants of the World sought to stop him by all means possible. They perverted their own religions to make it serve their aims and to halt the spread of the true faith. They sent armies to fight the Knights in Europe, in Africa, and in Asia. All to know avail. Colours flying, the armies of the Knights Hospitaller marched to make war from their fortresses of Europe while yellow levies stiffened the forces in far off Cathay. Under the sign of the cross they marched and none could stand against them, their armies swarmed the lands and their fleets ruled the waves

"The infighting between the Swedish and Austrians must have been a major annoyance to the Grand Master, yet it is a tribute to the wisdom of Ramon Perellos y Rocaful that he let them fight their little fruitless wars without intervention. After two decades of intermittent wars, the vassals were ready to join the Knights' Alliance again. In 1720 Ramon died and was succeeded by Marc'Antonio Zondadori, whose main place in history is that of placeholder, as his successor a mere two years later was the great Antoine Manoel de Vilhena 'The Conqueror' who reigned a full 14 years, and, building on the work of his predecessors, began the final phase of uniting Christendom, and, afterwards, Europe."

Kicking off the BB wars
knights_1723_11_01_BB.jpg

"By the time of his death in 1736, Spain, England, Sweden, and Austria, had all joined the Knights' Realm, Russia was defeated, and the Sultan humbled"

Bearding the Sultan
knights_1736_12_06.jpg

"His successors proved to be men of action as well. With all of Europe under the Grand Master's rule and conscription centres in each and every European province, the number of idealistic young men ready to join the Holy Conquest seemed without limit. The war proceeded into Arabia, where the Knights Hospitaller were greatly feared..."

It is better to be feared....
knights_1750_10_21_feared.jpg

"...And, supported from the American cities, a great fleet was dispatched to China..."

Chinaman's Chance....
knights_1755_05_07.jpg

"...India saw the proud return of the Knights with a vengeance, this time to stay..."

Return to India
knights_1756_06_03_invasionindia.jpg

"...And, following the conquest of the Ottoman Empire, the ancient realm of Persia was the next target of opportunity, the opportunity being to link up the Middle East with India..."

An Unfair Fight In Persia
knights_1756_12_23_unfair.jpg

"...There were plenty of minor skirmishes, of course, all over the world. The conquest of Africa is mostly ignored in the history books, and the remaining tribes in the Americas are usually only mentioned in connection with the exectution of Emperor Napot XIU the Mayan. Likewise the Russian conquest is commonly left out as dying from snowbite is regarded as less valourous than gangrene..."

Snapshots of Interest, 1739-1761
knights_1739_1761_snapshots.jpg

"Indeed, given the great conquests under Antoine Manoel de Vilhenam 'The Conqueror', Raymond Despuigh 'The Beast', and Manuel Pinto de Fonseca 'The Sin-slayer', it is no wonder, that the order of the Knights Hospitaller felt invulnerable in the late 1760'ies and eagerly awaited the final unification of the entire world, except for a few natives freezing their arses off in Siberia, and that it was widely expected to occur within a lifetime, two at the outmost"

Looks like WC is pretty much assured in the end, eh? The pics do paint a glorious grey spreading like a lead stain over the world....

Originally posted by Commandante

Echoing Amric, it does seem like you've managed to pull off yet another WC... Does it ever get tiresome? :D
Why do you think this chapter has been so long underway? The game was completed months ago, after all.

Writing about WC becomes very tiresome unless you have a good storyline to support you and I discovered to my dismay several months back that I lacked that essential plot twist, that makes it worthwhile writing something other than "and then I conquered A, B, C, D, &etc". As such, not only have I had incredibly little time to write AARs (and what little I have had, I have devoted to multiplayer AARs), I have also suffered from severe writer's block in KoN: IHSV, despite taking it up several times in order to write an interesting chapter, failing each and every time.

Finally I surrendered, decided not to invest time in writing something really interesting, and strung together a series of screenshots to illustrate the first part of the BB wars.

Hopefully, the next and, I think, last, chapter will be prove to be a bit more interesting to read.

Mmm. Ah good, a short update, but what the masses seem to have been clamouring for, nonetheless. :)

I, ahem, understand the problem exactly (see sig).