• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Y'know, it took me a minute to figure out just how devious a plan the Second War of Anti-Hospitaller Encirclement involved. Then, when I saw the gains in America from that war, I saw what you did. By setting off a temporary BB-war, you provoked all the NA Pagans into attacking you, thus allowing you to take all (most, in the case of the Incas) of their non-capital provinces without taking a stability hit. A most wily plan indeed. :cool:

Originally posted by Crimson King
Y'know, it took me a minute to figure out just how devious a plan the Second War of Anti-Hospitaller Encirclement involved. Then, when I saw the gains in America from that war, I saw what you did. By setting off a temporary BB-war, you provoked all the NA Pagans into attacking you, thus allowing you to take all (most, in the case of the Incas) of their non-capital provinces without taking a stability hit. A most wily plan indeed. :cool:
True as far as it goes, but that is only half of it.

The other half was giving away provinces in Asia for BB reductions. Basically, that means I am trading Asian provinces for European provinces and a reduction in the number of non-European neighbours before the BB wars. Additionally, once the wars kick off, there will be some prime land in strategic locations that is already of my own culture and, in some cases, still of my own religion.

But my vassals warring upon each other caught me by surprise, and having some of them end up in an alliance not my own was a definite setback :D

Great Peter!

I've been waiting for your update a looong time and then it is just fantastic. A suggestion for you, as you have so many ongoing AARs, would it not be wise to finish them of one by one!?

regards
Leia

How's it going with the last part of the AAR? Have you forgotten about it?

Peter Ebbesen, yet again you have shown to be perhaps the most devious player I've ever seen. And perhaps the most skilled, I really can't judge that all that well except for the posts in various AAR's.

Anyway, great stuff!

Does anyone else read the Professor's tales not so much for the tales themselves (which are brilliant, to be sure) but more for the tactical insight and fiendish tricks content? I often find myself rubbing my hands in a very Monty Burns fashion after the Professor's posts with a new strategy in mind to unleash upon my poor foes.

Originally posted by Von Bek
Does anyone else read the Professor's tales not so much for the tales themselves (which are brilliant, to be sure) but more for the tactical insight and fiendish tricks content? I often find myself rubbing my hands in a very Monty Burns fashion after the Professor's posts with a new strategy in mind to unleash upon my poor foes.

I love the storytelling. But I cackle in fiendish glee whenever he manages yet another brilliant and diabolical strategy.

I bow very deeply in the presence of the master, Professor Peter Ebbesen.

Can I have your autograph, Professor? Could you sign it to your latecoming and humble student?

cmon Peter, it's been 1 month since you last updated! we're dying!

Seems like Peter didn´t make WC.:)

Originally posted by TheArchduke
Seems like Peter didn´t make WC.:)
Bah. Just for that insult, you can wait another month. :p

Originally posted by Peter Ebbesen

:D

Let it rip :p

I mean, the patience of todays youth..:rolleyes:

In my days one might have to wait for a year or two until the next installment and we were damn well pleased to get them at all..:mad:

(We also used to call them 'books' ;))

Originally posted by Peter Ebbesen

Somehow we had to move your attention on this again!:)

Ouch, I had even forgot about this marvellous tale...

Yeah Peter, what has happened? No, don't tell us, it's the cursed thing known as REAL LIFE, isn't it?! The horror, the mindless horror! :D