• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good luck Peter, I will be watching every post here, though I'm thinking they will mostly be agog board members.

It certainly looks good so far, especially with a CoT from your first war.

A question on your tech intentions though. Are you going for infra 5, tech ?5 and then full speed for land 41, or is there some other cunning plan?

Just to let you know though, my screen is on 1024x768, and the screenshots are still slightly too wide. You might like to take them down to 700xsomething.

Originally posted by Peter Ebbesen
My images are 800x600. Given the added size of the left and right margins of a post, that means that my posts are wider than your screen if, and only if, you use a screen size smaller than 1024x768.
The only possible excuses for running a smaller resolution than 1024x768 are a) A 15" or smaller screen, b) A laptop (there is some overlap in the categories). I'm betting on b)

If this forum supports PNG images, it wouldnt matter :) I don't know if it does though because i haven't actually tried...

Wow!

Was both of them French (AI) peaces that netted you so much land?
Is this regular in your games?
Is it skill or luck? (Netting major warscores that the French feel they must use or something?)

And don't worry about speed, once the BB-wars start WC can become boring, neh?

• Isaac Brock: So do I. Well, I'm not deliberately playing high inflation. I'm just not as cautious as some people. Money is there to be used :)
  • Judas Maccabeus: Of course the Knights are serene. Most of the time. Except when they are killing time, well, time and, occasionally, people
  • Nikolai II: Yes, both peace treaties were arranged my my alliance leader, France. You've got to love the new alliance peace system and the way the AI honours it. If you do most of the work, odds are that you will reap most of the rewards (unless the alliance leader by itself has a very high warscore and controls many provinces). My reckless small army was always first into the breach the first twenty years of gameplay, though they did spend some time dodging huge English armies :)
  • J. Passeportout: Well, the SSREM scales both good and bad events by countrysize, where it seems appropriate. So While an internal trade ordinance may grant one province a +1 tax boost when your nation is small, it may grant three different provinces a +1 boost when your nation is very large. Likewise most events that affect the entire country are scaled by size. (Government policies, reforms, enthusiasm, &etc) This also means that some things are rather more expensive for the large nations, but so be it. And, of course, there are a few events that only happen to the 30+ and the 80+ province nations, some of them very good. And some of them pretty damn nasty.... But the nasty ones are mostly tied to low stability or high BB, so hopefully I won't encounter any of those... Until it is time for the BB wars :D

Originaly posted by Peter Ebbesen:

Comments
  • As I am currently playing/writing the immensely fun (to me at any rate) Persian tales and am also participating in the MGC4 AAR, not to mention burdened by real life commitments, posting will be infrequent. Perhaps once a week, two at the utmost.
  • Begging me to post faster will not help
  • Neither will threatening me with havoc should I not post faster
  • Sacrificing a thousand virgins to my honour might help, but it is frowned upon in these latter days

And what if I blackmailed you with a picture of you from Copenhagen 2002? I finaly got the films developped... Would that make you go any faster? ;):D

A nice start. As usual, should I say!

Fast question for you, Professor.:)

How do you handle tech? Do you set the sliders for Land, Trade, etc and leave tem alone? Maximize one thing at a time? I've played around with this but I'm still learning what's the best way to go.

Thanks.:)

Originally posted by InfernalMIKO
Fast question for you, Professor.:)

How do you handle tech? Do you set the sliders for Land, Trade, etc and leave tem alone? Maximize one thing at a time? I've played around with this but I'm still learning what's the best way to go.

Thanks.:)

Its usually trade to 4 isnt it Peter?

I seldom post in the AAR forum but I have to say: Really great!

hehe

I knew you would take johan's challenge.

looking good I must say, and great writing as usual.:)