• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vesimir

Quill of England
64 Badges
Oct 1, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • 500k Club
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Majesty 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
This is a thread to get the players together, decide when and how. Using Hamachi or something else... That kinda stuff. We also need to decide on all of the rules.

The idea is, every player is edited in the game and plays as himself. Then as his child, then as his childs child, etc.

So yeah. Let's discuss.

Sadly, a lack of CK prohibits me from taking part in this, but I'd gladly "play" a completely powerless, utterly useless member of Vesimir's court.

Edit: If there's to be an AAR, that is.

Last edited:
I've also never played MP before on CK. But I'm willing to give it a go.

The best times for me would be Mon-Sat 4pm - 8pm GMT.

I think for the mod, it makes sense for each of us to create our own dynasty name, and thereby save Vesimir modding the names of our descendants to keep track of who's who. I expect that once the game's begun there won't be able to be any further changes?

Is everyone else up for playing The Kingdom of Germany in 1337? The electoral system should mean we all get a chance to be the boss (what a double-edged sword that'll be :D), and I think anything earlier that 1337 will mean we risk not finishing it for lack of time.

Ideal times for me would be 8pm onwards either during the week or the weekend (GMT of course).

I'm entirely up for the Kingdom of Germany idea - I think it's simplest if Vesmir simply assigns us each a county/duchy and changes the ruler's name to whatever we want and leaves the rest alone. Otherwise it takes FOREVER to setup (trust me on this one guys ;)).

I'm completely new to MP - what do we use for communication etc?

One thing I'd also suggest, to get this up and running quickly is that you either limit any requests for custom graphics etc to the start or disallow them completely. Otherwise you'll spend an awful lot of time modding the game when you could be getting battered by Mong...er...playing.

Those sound like good suggestions, Iain.

If anyone's interested, I did some research on 1337 Germany. There are 15 playable duchies and perhaps one county, plus the Emperor:

- The Emperor begins with 2 provinces and 48 vassals

The rest, in succession order, are:

- Bohemia-Luxemburg, 5 provinces, 5 vassals (10)
- Savoy, 3 provinces, 4 vassals (7)
- Austria-Carinthia, 6 provinces, 1 vassal (7)
- Brunswick, 1 province, 3 vassals (4)
- Brabant, 2 provinces, 2 vassals (4)
- Pomerania, 2 provinces, 2 vassals (4)
- Holstein, 2 provinces, 2 vassals (4)
- Holland, 4 provinces (4)
- Mecklenberg, 2 provinces, 1 vassal (3)
- Moravia, 3 provinces (3)
- Brandenburg (the Emperor's son) has 3 provinces.
- Meissen, 3 provinces (3)
- Upper Lorraine, 2 provinces, 1 vassal (3)
- Saxony, 2 provinces, 1 vassal (3)
- Bavaria, 2 provinces (2)
- County of Aargau, 2 provinces (2)

Three of the dukes (Bohemia-Luxemburg, Savoy and Austria-Carinthia) are much more powerful than the others, so I think those should be off-limits, but there are 12 almost-equally matched duchies remaining, plus Aargau, if someone fancies a challenge.

I suggest whoever is Emperor (Vesimir) also has Brandenburg as his successor. That would leave 11 duchies and the County of Aargau, for a total of 12 extra players (total 13 including Vesimir).

Some of the things I've decided on.

1. CK 2.1 Beta, install a clean ck dv, install all the official patches, download the beta patch from the forums.

2. Each player will get his own dynasty and will design the founder of the family. Himself that is. Then, he'll play as whoever inherits just like in normal CK. No editing afterwards as sending the save to everyone after even a name change would be tiresome. The only edits will happen if someone from another dynasty inherits. Then, the save will be edited to change his dynasty to the player one.

3. Everyone will get a custom starting CoA. If they want to, that is. They will also design their dna so that they look like they want to. I'll post the link to the dna editor here if anyone doesn't have it. Everyone gets two good traits and they choose their education. No prodigy. Like in AARland, best skill, good skill, bad skill and terrible skill.

4. Games will be on weekends only. Maybe fridays.

5. Everyone starts in HRE as a duke + The count. I'm the emperor. I'm gonna suck a lot. To make it easier for you guys.... Yeah...

6. Staying in Germany isn't a rule. If you want to create yourself a kingdom in Wales, be my guest.

That'll be all for now. And don't worry, this my first CK mp ever too. :) Pure anarchy is to be expected.

I was thinking about the crusade scenario. 1187? We're not planning on exporting this to EU, so not finishing the game isn't a problem. And if we decide this is the best thing since sliced bread, we have more time to play.

1. Yup, sounds good.

2. Agreed.

3. Cool. Never used the DNA editor before, so a link would be appreciated.

4. Saturday would work for me. Not Sunday though.

5. The Emperor doesn't always need much help to suck...

6. Or Pope? :p

My inclination is towards 1337, as that gives us 120 years or 4-6 generations. But if others want 1187, that would be fine too.

Awwwww....

You should really get it. Even from Gamersgate. CK and Vicky are the best pdox games evar.

It hurts me too, baby...

And I have neither, because I like tanks, planes and encircling Nazis. Nor do I have a credit card, since I like beer and the cheaper ATM card saves me 25 Euro per year, which I can then use to acquire said beer.

So Iain has Aargau. Anyone else decided on their choice already?

I'll call Pomerania (If we're doing 1337). I like the idea of guarding the Baltic marches.

Would it be a good idea to message the participants of the last Kingdom of AARland, to see if they're interested?

EDIT: That DNA maker is cool. I'd like 07050408000003 please.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think that could be a plan. Maybe use the original comments thread because you can only PM five people at a time (as I found out)?

If you want to target people with PMs the final post of the Kingdom of AARLand (in my ink well) contains the final players.

Cheers,

Iain

I'd be interested, but from what I know CK MP is very buggy and tends to crash every few minutes. I've never played myself, but I get that impression from following other CK MP threads.

Man this is rather cool of an idea but I honestly have no time nowadays or else I'd totally do it !! Good luck to everyone playing !