• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Beleg32

Lt. General
27 Badges
Apr 16, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Magicka
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Galactic Assault
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities in Motion
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
As now PI signed the contract with Neocore I was thinking were you planning to release KA and all of its expansions and downloads in boxed version ? Many people said the reason they didn't bought KA beacuse there was no boxed version. Are you plannining to release one after the lastest expansion ? I would certainly buy one.

STOCKHOLM - October 21, 2010 - Paradox Interactive announced today the signing of a significant publishing deal with Hungarian developer Neocore. The deal includes previously released titles as well as several unannounced future projects. Paradox Interactive and Neocore first joined forces on the recently released tactical wargame Lionheart - Kings’ Crusade. This new deal accomplishes the objective of extending this fruitful relationship for many years to come

“As a developer, Neocore embodies all of the qualities and attitude we have built our company upon," said Fredrik Wester, CEO Paradox Interactive. "With a fraction of the budget and manpower of most AAA titles, they have managed to fuse their passion, dedication and skill into something gamers and critics alike hail as truly fantastic. We are proud and excited about this deal and all the opportunities that lie ahead," he continued.

"Throughout my career I've worked with many publishers, but Paradox's support as a publisher is second-to-none," noted Tamás Farkas, CEO of Neocore. "They truly understand the dynamics of the games industry and have the patience and knowledge to bring deep, engaging games to market."

The next Paradox/ Neocore title scheduled for release is King Arthur - The Druids. This expansion is the twin of King Arthur - The Saxons, offering a wide array of new content (i.e. beasts and other monsters) as well as a brand new campaign. Play the ”other side” and assume the role of King Ryons the Arch Druids of Wales and conquer Britannia for the Old Faith.

In addition to Lionheart – Kings' Crusade http://www.lionheartthegame.com, the following previously released titles are now under the Paradox publishing wing:

- King Arthur – The Role-playing Wargame http://www.kingarthurthewargame.com/main.html
- King Arthur: Legendary Artifacts (DLC)
- King Arthur: Knights and Vassals (DLC)
- King Arthur - The Saxons (Expansion)
- Crusaders: Thy Kingdom Come

No major distributor sells KA as boxed e.g. Amazon, Play, Game, and only one I found on google shopping list is Ebay which I don't trsut much. KA Complete Edition Boxed would bre really good imo.

The new agreement mostly make me hope that the DLC will be included in some Pdox special offer for the end of the year hehe.
Anyway boxed or not King Arthur definitely worths the buy

Anyway boxed or not King Arthur definitely worths the buy
So long as you are not one of those suffering repeated crashes. (Experiencing them feels uncommonly like those currently experienced in Lionheart).

Unfortunately, there's no way to know in advance whether you will be one of those. I was one of the luckier players - for me, KA crashed only rarely during battles - but on the other hand I have extremely reproducible crashes in Lionheart (end of Crusader mission 1) as well as at random (during Crusader mission 1 and occasionally during Saracen missions).

I hate saying this, but based on my experience of playing both KA and Lionheart, one should not expect Neocore games to actually be playable and when they are, one should not expect the QA to have caught whether things like items, skills, and abilities actually do what they say; Most will, but far too many will not to have passed through systematic testing of the "test all X - verify that they do what they say" variety. If one can get over that and is fortunate in the stability department, both are great games at heart. But buying one of their games is a gamble.

Unfortunately, there's no way to know in advance whether you will be one of those. I was one of the luckier players - for me, KA crashed only rarely during battles - but on the other hand I have extremely reproducible crashes in Lionheart (end of Crusader mission 1) as well as at random (during Crusader mission 1 and occasionally during Saracen missions).

Does the demo give no indication of whether a system will be stable running the full game?

Does the demo give no indication of whether a system will be stable running the full game?
For KA, I have no idea.

For Lionheart, the demo is essentially Crusader mission #1 so it should be able to tell you whether you'll get the consistent end-of-crusader1 crashes, at least.