• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What has been discovered by survey upon study upon investigation is that poor kings live longer, ...

This isnt that odd actually, since a good king is a major threat to your opponents, making it profitable to assassinate him, while a bad king is, in a way, a good asset for your opponents.

In my current Muscowy/Russia game, Ive had all the first five rulers die prematurely sending me into a regency council each time, grr. And, of course, my current ruler is an idiot, so I expect to be stuck with him forever.

This isnt that odd actually, since a good king is a major threat to your opponents, making it profitable to assassinate him, while a bad king is, in a way, a good asset for your opponents.

In my current Muscowy/Russia game, Ive had all the first five rulers die prematurely sending me into a regency council each time, grr. And, of course, my current ruler is an idiot, so I expect to be stuck with him forever.

exact same thing happened to me in my muscovy game, i had 5 "good" rulers, used them as generals (no tradition), all 5 died gloriously in battle, and were replaced by regency councils, the 6th, also led his army in glorious battle, but never died, he eventually lived to rule for 40 years -.-

EDIT: and yeah Richard, entertaining post :D

Seriously King Richard the XI, this is one of the most entertaining post I've ever read :D. You either get:

+1
a cookie
or something Paradoxisshh

Take your pick :).
Can I have a bit of each? :p
and yeah Richard, entertaining post :D
I live to entertain.:D
But where are the idiot's subjects to assassinate him? Surely they hate him more than an enemy hates the good ruler? :rolleyes:

Nah, good king watches his subjects closely, stupid king is largely irrelevant and thus more desirable :).

Not being able to make certain decisions is indeed the most irritating consequence of a bad king. For some reason my 3-4-4 retards have been always quite good at commanding armies (full Aristocracy and good Offensive can make any idiot a general, I guess ;)).

Maciek

It's part of his powers after he goes through the rituals of being a prince, in which he must perilously avoid hunting accidents, falling ill, and dying for no reason.

Nice:rofl:

I've found that putting Kings in command of armies lowers their life expectancy. Unfortunately its no guarentee.

I think it would be nice to have the option to assasinate your King at a steep cost, say 6 stability. If you fail the attempt it spawns your current King as a pretender rebel with a large army and you still take a stability hit. Then your new King would be a random noble and you'd have low legitimacy.

So the action would carry a steep cost but would allow you to at least have the chance to get a better King, rather than being stuck with the same King with terrible stats for 50 years while you are trying to execute a vital decision like westernizing.

may a strong son is going to inherit some years earlier. ... :arrest: :knife: : poison: :creative people:...

anyway it would be nice if my country would be ruled with 8,9 star kings as long as with the 3,4 "star" "kings". Or a 9,9,8 king lives 40 years like those 3,3,4 kings. Also it had been a little bit better since 1.0 .