• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to admit that its been a while since I built a gaming rig, last one was for MWO beta, so yeah its old. For this edition of the BT universe I just went with a MSI 1080 Ti gaming laptop. Now, yes the fans run insanely fast (almost take off speed) and the heat exiting the lap top case at the 3 exhaust ports is about the temp that's coming out of my D&D 2into1 on a SE110" with cams and a total head job.......but, the game runs fine. I notice the fans go apeshite in the menu screens but during a drop? very little fan noise. I will say this, 1st gaming session I about cooked a can of Skoal that was next to the laptop in the exhaust line to a port......near, not next to/blocking......That can was D.O.N.E......lol

See yall in the dropzone.....

Wow, you're completely out of touch with what company is what. Only ASUS, EVGA, MSI, Gigabyte, and PNY are "authorized board partners" with NVIDIA in 1st world countries. Zotac is only an authorized partner with NVIDIA in 3rd world countries. That alone should tell you how much NVIDIA trusts each company in both manufacturing (or just reb-randing reference models) and distributing.

For the 1080 Ti, ASUS, EVGA, MSI and others are top picks. From that same site Zotac got a bad review for their 1080 Ti. There's a reason why companies like EVGA have better warranties than Zotac, because they know their cards will be reliable enough to justify the warranty time.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a brand "fanboy" and this is the first Zotac product that I have purchased and I selected the card based on reviews by actual people on New Egg and Amazon who have actually bought and use the card. For the past few computers that I have built, I have used MSI GeForce cards and all of those computers are still running great even after many years of use (and abuse), so yes, I can agree that MSI is a quality manufacturer. As for sites with bad reveiws, I can easily find sites with good reviews and many "professional" review sites give preference to manufacturers who send them them most free stuff. Here is a reputable review of my Zotac card: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/zotac-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-amp-extreme,5055.html#comment-list and there are many comments by people who have purchased the card. Of course the list price for the Zotac card is very high, but at the time I bought it, I got a very good deal, which was part of the reason why I chose this card over my usual MSI cards.

Guys, IMHO this is a pointless argument. Granted, folks who build their own gaming rigs tend to ensure that they have top-notch cooling and appropriate clock frequencies, voltages, etc. However, your average player that buys a pre-built machine or a laptop can't be expected to have a know-how for that. RPM of their GPU fan could be grossly inadequate or overall air flow could be bad, and they may not even realize that something is off until GPU goes south.

Agreed, but a software developer can not be expected to know the condition of a customer's PC and the failure would fall on the system integrator who took shortcuts (most do) and sold the customer a second-rate PC.

I'm going to admit that its been a while since I built a gaming rig, last one was for MWO beta, so yeah its old. For this edition of the BT universe I just went with a MSI 1080 Ti gaming laptop. Now, yes the fans run insanely fast (almost take off speed) and the heat exiting the lap top case at the 3 exhaust ports is about the temp that's coming out of my D&D 2into1 on a SE110" with cams and a total head job.......but, the game runs fine. I notice the fans go apeshite in the menu screens but during a drop? very little fan noise. I will say this, 1st gaming session I about cooked a can of Skoal that was next to the laptop in the exhaust line to a port......near, not next to/blocking......That can was D.O.N.E......lol

I would suggest getting a laptop cooling stand (with active fans) when gaming on a laptop if you do not already have one. I think that CoolerMaster makes a good one, but you can also find them at most office supply stores.

What!? hhahaha any decent GPU of this decade has a throttling mechanism to prevent overheat damage.
And if you're so over heated that you manage to damage it anyway, that chassis problem.

The game does seem rather system intensive though. My R7 goes full blast on fans when running it.

And I'm pretty sure the game has a memory leak. Since if you play the game for many hours straight(not going to lie I've played the game for 4,6,8,10 hour straight), or leave it running for a long time, you'll notice it start to chop and stutter. At which point in time you need to close it and start it and up again.

I will say this, 1st gaming session I about cooked a can of Skoal that was next to the laptop in the exhaust line to a port......near, not next to/blocking......That can was D.O.N.E......lol

hahahah ME TOO!! I ruined an entire can! And it made it so bad when you pulled a pinch it felt like you were dipping dried up grass and was miserable on the gums!

I have no problems at all.
My GPU fan dosent even spin up most of the time, only my CPU fan spins a little faster at times.
I belive people just need to turn on V-Sync and every thing will be fine. :)

Games don't talk to your GPU. A game talks to your DirectX which talks to your video card drivers which talks to your GPU.

Meaning that while a game may tax your GPU beyond what it can physically do, the fault lies ultimately with either the hardware for being unable to cope with a load it should theoretically be able to handle, or it lies with the driver for allowing a higher load on the CPU than it was designed to handle.

Either way, it's the GPU manufacturer's fault. The game might share in the responsability for putting the final nail in the coffin, but it is not to blame.

My RTX 2070 worked fine before playing Battletech. After installing & playing battletech with about 100 crashes in a month, none of my other games can play anymore. Borderlands 3 now crashes, Vermintide 2 crashes after about 1 minute. I can't play any games anymore. Before installing Battletech, everything worked flawlessly. There is more than a coincidence here.

Greetings Mechwarriors!

This thread is three years old. Please avoid necroing threads. If you feel like the discussion topic is relevant, start a new thread. If you are having issues with crashes, they should be reported in the
Bug Reports subforum (which I see you already have, thank you for that).

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.