• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. Contact our customer service and we'll sort you out:
http://harebrained-schemes.com/contact/

For everyone's education, there are a couple of really common explanations for what you might be seeing.

1) a centralized BackerKit -- or not
Not everyone who interacts with BackerKit creates a 'centralized' BackerKit account -- it's an optional step and it only is useful if you are backing several different projects that all use BackerKit.

On this page...
https://battletech.backerkit.com/
You want to just "get my survey"

At the very bottom there's a link that says this: "Managing multiple pledges on BackerKit? Log in to your Backer Account"
That is the link that will only work if you took the extra step to create that account.

2) an out of date email
If you've changed your Kickstarter email any time AFTER the BattleTech project closed -- BackerKit doesn't get updated with that change just because you changed it on Kickstarter. We'll need to manually go in and change your email to the new one

Sent an email about 4 minutes ago. Robin had me sorted out 3 minutes ago. You guys are awesome.

I don't know if they only do this for their own games really, the only other release I followed closely of a different dev was for City Skylines, but see if you can get Jake or someone to put another hole in the roof via a confetti can to celebrate the launch.

Maybe I'm just being dense... but can someone please direct me to the latest published hardware requirements for this game? (Because I don't have a dedicated game rig, and when I wanted to try out the Beta my laptop just laughed at me... very slowly...)

Capture.JPG

Maybe I'm just being dense... but can someone please direct me to the latest published hardware requirements for this game? (Because I don't have a dedicated game rig, and when I wanted to try out the Beta my laptop just laughed at me... very slowly...)
They have it shown on Steam, just scroll down towards the bottom of the games page and you will find both the minimum and recommended requirements. But how accurate they are, I would not be able to say, not sure if they are the actual official requirements or not.

Edit: Heh... Cyttorak001 beat me to it with seconds. XD

Yeah... 25-60 GB of space both seems a bit high.
I agree, now that you mention it. A few things to note:

1) uncompressed HD textures will massively inflate space requirements.
2) Less importantly, most data will not be compressed in the .exe as with most games. It will instead be stored in human-readable .json files. I have no clue what the size differences are, but I'd expect at least 10% larger space consumption for the data (still going to be a smaller part of the game).
3) Sometimes games reserve extra space for patching/DLC. Not sure that applies here.

Yeah... 25-60 GB of space both seems a bit high.
Well... XCOM1 + it's expansion, a game that is about 5.5 years old, is at almost 19 gig for me. XCOM2 + it's expansion (WotC) is right now just over 72 gig for me, but here you have to consider that you have two games in those 72 gigs... XCOM2 and XCOM2 WotC have their own folders inside the main folder, and they are for all intents and purpouses two different/seperate games.

So, I don't find it all that unbelivable to think that this game might get up to 25 gig or more. 60 though, yeah that does sound a bit big... but in the end I would just shrug my shoulders at it, and carve out a slice of my harddrive for the game to call it's own anyway. XD

It has been stated the space requirement is going to be changed before release. 60GB is nowhere near what it's supposed to be. 25GB is probably high too.

Dagger said it here:

Just checked with our @HBS_Comanche and our Lead Engineer and learned that we'll be adjusting our min and recommended specs as we get closer to launch and final optimizations on the game occur. The dev team is currently estimating a HD footprint around 25GB is more likely than the currently published numbers.

Thanks for pointing it out - we'll be asking the platforms to publish 25GB for now.
cleardot.gif

The minimum requirements have already been changed from 60 down to 25 on the Steam page. The recommended is still listed as 60 GB. HBS_Dagger said something about this on the old forum, IIRC. The final requirements ought to be closer to 25 than 60.