• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Introduction

WolframS67

Second Lieutenant
30 Badges
Sep 27, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
An "insane" achievement - the most difficult way.

Settings: Ironman
Version: 1.29.6
Diff: VH
DLC: All (except Emperor)

Main goal: Get the achievement "True Heir of Timur" asap

Introduction

eu4_1.png

"True Heir of Timur" (THoT) is:
  • start as one of the five existing vassals of Timurids (Transoxiana, Afghanistan, Fars, Khorasan or Sistan)
  • form the Mughals
  • have every province in the Indian superregion (255) owned or owned by a non-tributary subject
  • before 1550
This AAR will differ from my former AARs, because I haven't finished the game. I am just some years ahead, so I don't know everything. It is not even clear whether I will get the achievement or not. In former reports I have tried to balance pictures and text. Also, I intended to give the reader a lot of information about the current situation. I might violate or skip these principles for this AAR. I don't know yet.

When I started the campaign I had no idea about India in EU4. Geography and topography, climate and weather, distribution of religions and powers, unit types etc. I mean, coming in 1550 - 1600 as a European power and conquer land for Trade Companies, yes. But having a strong army plus being ahead in technolgy is very different from starting in that area.
So I did a couple of test games with Khorasan and Afghanistan. To see what happens, who allies or attacks whom. The first few are real test games, but at some point I do a serious start. However after some years ingame I realize, I missed something substantial. So that game gets aborted and it is labeled as another test game.

Why Khorasan? Because it is the most difficult in my mind.
Khorasan holds 4 provinces with a total development of 20, Sistan 3 provinces with 14 dev. Both have a FL of 4. So Sistan is a bit weaker. But Sistan neighbors Afghanistan and is thus closer to India.

Before thinking about India, Khorasan has to get independence ... next time.

• 2Love
Reactions:
Timurids
Timurids

So let's get independence. I should better say: Let's get the independence the right way.
Means, I want much more than independence from Timurids. Getting independence costs 23% WS. Thus 77% WS are open for grabbing provinces. At best all for myself.

eu4_2.png

3 vs 29. Not good.
"Offer alliance" is Transoxiana. Taken. 17 more on our side. But it is not enough. I have tried it, but it is a bad idea. With just AI-Transoxiana vs Timurids and the 3 other vassals, it is bound to lose.
So one option is to wait for the death of Shah Rukh. This removes a modifier for LD in the subjects for the Timurids. Thus Afghanistan, Fars and Sistan get a LD above 50%, so they are willing to join an alliance with me. All five vassals vs Timurids is a fairly easy win. But the moment I want to take provinces, all the others start crying they want provinces too. If their war participation is 10% or higher. So either I have to give WS away for my allies or I have to betray them. Not optimal either way.
Option 2 is to get external support. Mamluks are close, but it is not possible to get them on day 1. The gap is 13 reasons. I can get +1 dep rep (+5 reasons) from the Iqta Tax System and another +1 dep rep from an advisor. To get the remaining 3 reasons I can improve relations with Mamluks or/and build my army to 6 regiments. I start to do both.

eu4_3.png

Sunni Khorasan starts with a little problem. 2/4 provinces are Shia, the RU is 50%. I am not worried about provincial unrest, but about the +50% malus for stab cost. Declaring independence will result in a -3 stab hit and I want to get stab back to 0 or +1 soon after.
Little trick: I send a missionary to a heretic province (with 0 maintenance). After a monthly tick the rebel faction changes to Shia Zealots. Now I simply accept demands. +4 ToHer is what I want. The total ToHer is now +2.8. As the game is friendly it rounds up to +3. Thus the contribution of Heretics to RU is +100%, like that of TF provinces (regardless of ToTF). Problem solved. The price I pay is -3 unrest in TF provinces and the inability to convert for 10 years (-10% missionary strength).

The screenshot shows great news! Timurids have rivaled back Mamluks. So the Mamluks' opinion about Timurid decreases, which gives me +5 more reasons for "Support Independence". Thus I can get it now.

eu4_4.png

One more piece of luck. Transoxiana got the support of Uzbek. This happens sometimes, but mostly not. I just waited for my first new regiment to come to life. So I can click two missions relying on "being at FL", giving extra morale and first claims on provinces in India. Jaunpur regulary allies Timurids, so I don't want to wait any more second. Flagging everything hostile as vital interest is the last preparation before I start the war.

eu4_5.png

162 vs 55, numbers are overwhelming for our side. Even Chagatai with 11 Condottieri for Uzbek is with me. So we will achieve a complete victory, sooner or later. But it takes time for Mamluks and Uzbeks to arrive. And Transoxiana pritorizes to occupy his cores in the east. We have started the siege of Herat (-35%, capital of Timmy). My general is mediocore (2/3/2/1), rolled from the (old 1.29) estates. But he has at least one siege pip I can contribute to sieges. Timurids and friends flood my lands and sit on my fort (-42%).

eu4_6.png

I intentionally kept the fort in Golestan, so to offer more resistance to a hostile siege. But it didn't work out. All allies came over with troops to my provinces sometime, but then they passed by. Mamluks even to Kabul in Afghanistan. So I had no good moment to challenge the siege of Timurids. I waited until some Uzbeks and Fadls attached to my army for a total of 19 and started an attack. Transoxiana had some troops close by, but they kept on walking away, even when our stack was locked in and a battle was unavoidable. CW is 20, so it was effectively 19 vs 20. But Shah Rukh is a too good general and after 12 days of battle I saw no chance to win and cut the losses. Battles on Mil Tech 3 are so costly in lives.
My other hopes were also in vain. That this battle would either attract enough allied troops to throw Timmy off or that he would give up the siege to recover from his losses by the battle.

eu4_7.png

We got Herat, but lost Golestan. So now my fort turns against me and I have to resiege a level-3 fort. At least I still have some troops from Fadl attached, so I can bring up the minimum number of regiments for the siege.

eu4_8.png

Mamluks have just left the siege of Kabul. At +21% progress and for no reason. Sigh.
More interesting is a look at Delhi in India. As usual Sirhind rose up against Delhi, annexed him and (re-)founded Delhi immediately. So now I have a very strong second Delhi (fka Sirhind) holding the key provinces to form Mughals.

eu4_9.png

After a year I got my capital back. 10 WE, about 6 WE from the time of hostile occupation. So I have to pay 3 * 75 = 225 Dip points extra for this episode of the war. Always (somehow) fascinating, how the AI can misplay a 3:1 superiorty war. Chagatai's Condottieri got isolated in Zaranj, the capital of Sistan. A leaderless horde stack in the mountains.

eu4_10.png

The war is over de facto. Remaining hostile troops escaped to Hejaz or somewhere in Egypt. Kabul has fallen, Shiraz (-21%, capital of Fars) and Zaranj (-28%) are under siege.

eu4_11.png

The most important question: What to demand?
This looks like a halfway solid choice. One province for Transox, six cores up to Kandahar in Afghanistan taken back plus two provinces in the south for a mountain fort and a port. However nothing to border India. So the plan here would be to attack Baluchistan to get borders with Multan and Sindh. But at that stage of the game I can't easily attack anyone with my lousy army.

eu4_12.png

I decide for a way more extreme and unsolid option. As I want Roh, the "door to India", bordering Kashmir plus Multan and with a fort in the highlands, I have to cut off the connection to my capital. So I give Transox one province, take back the cores in Bust and Kandahar plus four provinces in Afghanistan. Badakhshan, most northern, is to have a lifeline. Bordering Transoxiana, I can send troops back the long way to my old Khorasanian territories in case of a rebellion. Moreover it allows Transox to help me in my Indian wars to come. Without needing access from Timurids.
This choice in the peacedeal is heavily influenced by my tests with Afghanistan, which I am replacing now somehow. But with higher local autonomy and unrest in the provinces, as well as a lot of Adm points I have to spend.

eu4_13.png

Mahmud (1/2/1) got disinherited and the fort in Golestan deleted. I have moved my capital to Kandahar, so I can core the four new provinces in one go. Price: 200 Adm points and a move from the good trade node Persia to the lesser node of Lahore. Jaunpur agreed to a well needed alliance, which I prepared in former years.
Next expansion? Ladakh is allied to Tsang and Chagatai. Multan is allied to Jaunpur, Chagatai and Nagaur. Kashmir is allied to just Guge, a 3PM in the fog of Tibet. But yes, Delhi fires a warning on me. So he will defend his neighbors, especially Kashmir. Fantastic prospects.

So, am I stranded at the doors of India? More about it ... next time.

Last edited:
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Kashmir and Delhi
Kashmir and Delhi

eu4_14.png

Kashmir is the weakest of my new neighbors. But the warning by Delhi put an end to all hopes for a quick expansion. For the moment I can do nothing, but wait for a change in the diplomatic situation.

eu4_15.png

About five years have past. All Afghan provinces got cored and I made Kabulistan a state. I paid the second half of coring cost to make Roh a full core. So I could assign this province with a CoT to the Merchant Guild (Burghers).
With Abu Said (5/4/6) a new heir arrived with a strong claim. Very good!
Dehli attacked some minors and annexed Kangra and Sirmur. I allied Multan and Ladakh. All my eyes are on Kashmir and especially Ladakh can become very useful for this. Just because I can use his provinces for my armies.

But now it is rebel time. My FL is 10, the size of the Afghan separatist faction is 15. At least the game is so friendly to split the rebels' army into stacks that don't exceed my FL. Roh has 10 dev, Jalalabad 11. So I expected the 10-stack to erupt in Jalalabad, but the game tricked me. In anticipation I built my army temporarily to 12 regs, but a single stack couldn't return in time from Ladakh. Khorasan might not be the best starting nation, but the initial ruler is very good: Babur bin Baysunkur (3/5/5). Thus I have always been good in time for Mil Tech, currently I am on 5. Afghanistan is only on 4 and the separatists get his values. That is why I have a big advantage in mil tactics and infantry quality.
After a few weeks the rebellion is over, costing me about 2k soldiers. Following a consolidation of my troops I am now at 10 full regiments again, exactly the FL.

eu4_16.png

This is the moment I have been waiting for years: Delhi attacks Kashmir.
Yet my armies are not optimally placed and I have no diplomat present.

The same scenario happened in my short Afghanistan run. Warned by Delhi and having no war option until the Delhian attack on Kashmir. So I knew this scenario had a good chance to happen. In the end it is the only justification of my peace deal with Timmy in 1448.
But to be ready for this moment, I had to keep my army at full maintanence for years. So despite some subsidies from Mamluks, I have made some small minus every month. Even in times of peace, for a total of 384 ducats debt. And I haven't even used mercenaries until now.

eu4_17.png

Now I can attack Kashmir as well, because Delhi obviously can't defend him anymore. But this is only the first step of the plan.
The true war goal is Delhi! I want to vassalize Kashmir to get a defensive war against an isolated Delhi.

But firstly I have to race against Delhi for the occupation of Margalla and Kashmir (the capital province). Delhi has a core on Margalla and thus I expected him to declare Reconquest for that province (like he did in my Afghanistan run). But he declared Conquest on Kashmir. Now Dehli will march to his wargoal first and not to Margalla. That is why my armies are misplaced. So now I have to send my single stack from Skardu to Kashmir and hope to win the race against Delhi. Otoh Kashmir's 9-stack will sit in Jammu, his third province, on which I have no vision for the moment. So he might toast my single stack and thus open the doors for an occupation by Delhi.

eu4_18.png

I got it! But just because of the tag order, as my single stack and 12 Delhian regiments arrived at the same day. The Kashmiri army has probably run to some of Delhi's provinces southward.
This is clearly a scenario I would use reloads on. I try to take bad events as best as I can and if I make a mistake, I have to pay for it. But losing such a race just because e.g. my diplomat needs 9 days for return instead of 8. Well, it is all good for now.

eu4_19.png

Delhi got the occupation of Jammu, but I can live with that.
I called in Ladakh and Multan, both on the promise of land. After securing the occupation of Margalla and Kashmir, I can do this and have them fight for me for free. Next I have to deal with Guge (darkblue in the southeast of Ladakh). But to be sure Kashmir doesn't liberate Margalla again, I attack his army together with Ladakh in Roh. This ensures the Kashmiri army to be send far away to a province of Guge in Tibet.

eu4_20.png

I have bought the map of the Tibetan region from Jaunpur. For a long time Delhi had no access to Ladakh, so I could be sure to reach Ngari (-35%, capital of Guge) first. Ladakh and Multan back my siege, good. After the fall of Kashmir there is always some danger, that Delhi simply peaces out against Kashmir. Unlikely because he thinks, he can make progress against Guge, but not impossible.

eu4_21.png

Delhi flooded Ngari, I got a wall breach. Perfect scenario for an assault on the fort. Delhian soldiers dying to help me. Wonderful.

eu4_22.png

Interestingly if I separately peace out Guge for some money, Kashmir refuses to accept his vassalization. So I have to sign the main peace deal right now. Because of the coring rules of the game, I grab Margalla for myself to have a direct connection to my capital in Kandahar for the provinces, that I want to take over from Delhi next.
As Kashmir is my vassal now, I become the warleader in a defensive war of Khorasan, Kashmir and Guge vs Delhi (with about 30 regiments). The golden chance for small Khorasan to transform into the feared Mughals.

eu4_23.png

Delhi called in Sindh (12 regs), but his big ally Bengal is too distant to join. At least he should be.
Before I asked anyone for help, I triple checked, I have flagged everything as vital interest for myself and that my ally has no interest in the key provinces. So now Transoxiana (28 regs) is on my side and also Jaunpur (39 regs), as curiously he has no vital interest in Delhian land. Multan has cores on Delhi, so I keep him out. It could spoil everything, if he occupies something and doesn't transfer the occupation to me. Ladakh's army is not blackflagged, so I don't want to call him in a moment, when his troops get toasted by Delhi.
Mamluks stopped paying subsidies to me. Thus I kicked him. Seriously, I don't need him for this war, he is too far away to offer help in other wars and I might miss the moment Ottomans border and attack him. So better cancel the alliance now.

My main army came blackflagged to Kashmir and swiftly achieved a stackwipe of the 6-stack from Delhi, trying to siege my vassal. Exiled armies are not considered dangerous by the AI. Probably because the AI doesn't know about the rules for unblackflagging.

eu4_24.png

Like the Independence War before, this one will be a clear victory. Sooner or later. Besides some chance to spoil something by carelessness, the only question is: How much will this war cost me? Here the Sindh army rushed to my original Khorasan holdings around Golestan. Unfortunately I could only peace him out for 1 ducat, some days after he occupied 2/4 of these provinces. So I will get some devastation, WE and loss of income over there.

eu4_25.png

Not much left to do. The fort in Sirhind has fallen recently, now the capital fort in Delhi. To Garhwal's Condottieri for Jaunpur. And he really transferred the occupation to me. Relief. Delhi sieges my fort in Kandahar (-35%). Well, that is what forts are for. The defensive edict is on and so he will be busy for a long time. Now it is just waiting for Lahore (+42%).

eu4_26.png

Lahore resisted for a long time and just surrendered after 624 days. But thereby I am at 100% WS and can be really greedy. Of course now I want to form the Mughals asap, so I demand the key provinces Lahore and Delhi. The four others are for connection.

eu4_27.png

Deal arranged. Coring can start, done in Dec.62. If nothing interrupts.
With the seven new Hindu provinces I am at 83% OE and 44% RU. Several separatist factions would like to rebel, the biggest are the Punjabi Separatists with 20 regs. My Fl is 14 and I have 15 loans for a total of 556 ducats debt.

More about rebels, forming the Mughals and plans for expansion ... next time.

Last edited:
  • 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Excellent start. Timurids are defeated, and Delhi is subjugated...

What's next, I wonder?

Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Multan
Multan

eu4_28.png

Indian provinces: Khorasan 7, Kashmir 2 = in total 9/255 for THoT

Khorasan is displayed in gray blue. Multan has about the same color. Time to change into the dark green of the Mughals, once the cores of Delhi and Lahore are done, to be expected in Dec.62.
Multan breaks our alliance. Too much AE and too much desire for my new lands, some of his cores. Well, if he thinks that is a good idea.

eu4_29.png

Lets pay acquisation costs. Manpower and reinforcement money for the losses against the rebels. Same scenario as with the Afghan separatists some years ago. The Punjabi rebel faction exceeds my FL of 14. So it breaks out in two stacks. This time the bigger stack appears in the higher deved province of Lahore and I have to fight against my own technology, as Punjab doesn't exist.

Four weeks later all rebels are dead, but I have to suffer 5.2k casualties. So for the next serious war, I have to hire Mercs.
Actually I was a bit unlucky for the separatits to erupt at all. Forming a new country removes all separatism, but only in existing cores. I considered coring only Lahore and Delhi. Forming the Mughals and taking their national ideas gives -25% core-creation-cost (CCC) immediately, as it is their "tradition". So I could save some Adm points by delaying the coring of Margalla and the four other provinces. But then I have to carry on unrest from separatism for about 1 1/2 more years. Thus I decided against this and started the coring of all provinces immediately after the finish of the war with Delhi last time. So it was more likely than not, for the Punjabis to not rebel until after the formation of the Mughals. But the progress of that rebel faction was faster than average and so I had to fight this rebellion down. Happens. At least the other factions won't break out.

eu4_30.png

However, now it is time to switch nations.
This is always a tricky moment, as some things have to be done before, some other things immediately after and some things must not be done at all.
Especially the (old 1.29) estates will undergo a massive change. The Amirs (Nobility) will be renamed to Mansabdars, the Dhimmi and the Merchant Guild (Burghers) will disappear, the Ulema (Clergy) will stay the same. The Jains will become the new Burghers and two new Indian estates will appear additionally (Brahmins and Rajputs).
I can abuse this, as I fully core Lahore and give it to the Merchant Guild. So their loyalty is above 60%, resulting in a -10% development cost bonus. But just for the rest of the month.

eu4_31.png

And that is, why it is so helpful. I instantly develop the new capital Delhi from 25 to 43, up to the presence of the Renaissance. This costs about 2000 Mon points, before bonuses. Sigh, I just realize I should have invested 200 ducats to upgrade the CoT to level 2 in Delhi, giving another -5% dev cost.
Trade: With the move of the capital, also my home trade node moves downstream once more. From the Lahore node to the Doab node. Not really helpful concering my trade income.

eu4_32.png

A lot of more changes by becoming the Mughals:
Externally I got perma claims on the large Hindustan region, but I lost all non-Indian cores and claims. The truce with Timurids is over in just a few months, in Sep.63. But I haven't seen a viable Reconquest War in the next time. Me and Transoxiana vs Timurids, Sistan, Fars and Haasa. Not a good option, so no reason to hang on the old cores and delay the formation of the Mughals.

Internally I upgraded the rank from a Duchy to an Empire. Thus I get amongst others +1 diplomat and -0.05 monthly autonomy change. I love the latter a lot. It seems insignificant, but with more and more provinces form conquests it adds up. Because Lahore is now at less than 40% and Delhi at 0% autonomy (plus deved to 43) my FL has risen from 14 to 20.
Government Reforms: Mughals get the first two for free, "Indian Sultanate" and "Mughal Diwan". I keep the Iqta Tax System and get +3 ToHea, +1 ToTF and +3 state slots. Moreover I can have consorts now, so the big weakness of the Iqta government, to fall into a Regency Council, is gone.
Giving some influence to the new estate Brahmins gives another +1 ToHea and +20% RU. So my total ToHea is +1.8 and the RU is 104% now.
Long talk: The country has stabilized a lot.

eu4_33.png

And I even make money! Well, with the army on low maintenance I don't lose more money, is closer to the truth. But at least. Almost 1000 ducats in debt, but that are worries for later.
What is the next war? Mewat, the violet guy, decided to become the diplo-vassal of Jaunpur. Mewar (green brown) is my rival and my BFF Jaunpur desires one of his provinces. But for some reason he is on friendly terms with Mewar and thus not willing to join a war against. I am going to cancel the alliance with Ladakh. He is allied to Tsang and a tributary of Chagatai (after integrating Yarkand). Multan is allied to Jaunpur, Chagatai and Nagaur. Rosy prospects again.

eu4_34.png

Kalinjar is the yellow OPM. Even AI-Jaunpur can win this on his own.

eu4_35.png

But the war on Kalinjar is just for distracting Jaunpur. So me and Kashmir vs Multan and friends. 24 vs 48 regiments. Usually time is a friend in such underdog wars, alas I can't go beyond five years here. Because on 1.Jan.70 Jaunpur will get "call for peace" in the other war, peace out and join in the defense of Multan. Which would be: game over.
This war is on the verge of my possibilities. I count on my four forts. Ah yes, I have built another fort for my capital Delhi in recent years. Chagatai (31 regs) is seperated by my lands from the others and it is an AI-horde. My plan is to take care of Nagaur first, then Chagatai and in the end Multan. As I don't get access to Delhi or Mewar to reach Nagaur by myself, I start with scaring Multan and enter his territories.

eu4_36.png

Perfect start! Mewar hates me and rents out a 12-stack Condottieri to Multan. 24 vs 60. Fine!
The only ace up my sleeve, that I still have is technology. With my great ruler (= point generator) and the Renaissance done, I tech up to Mil Tech 6 one year too early. +2 CW, +0.25 mil tactics, +0.2 fire and +0.3 shock for infantry. Advantage in mil tactics translates into siege ability. I get a discount of -6.2% on my siege phases, while the enemies have to take a malus of +6.2% for theirs. A number of helpful little things.

eu4_37.png

Risky, but I have made the Padishah a general and he got 2 siege pips. So he is in Nagaur (-14%) together with the Kashmiri auxiliary troops. My main army caught a first leaderless 8-stack of Chagatai. Lahore is flat terrain, but it didn't help the horde.

eu4_38.png

The capital fort in Nagaur has fallen, I moved my armies outside to not get blackflagged and peaced the minor out. For money and the cancellation of his alliance with Jaunpur. Multan got a wall breach on Kandahar. I am moving all my troops over there to throw him off. Progress is at +28% and one more phase will be completed until I can get him.

eu4_39.png

The fort held out. Another stackwipe. Seems my army is quite good at the moment. My general gets the trait "Master of arms", appropriate as all my soldiers are infantry.
Kashmir has fallen into the hands of the enemies.

eu4_40.png

How to make a difficult war even more difficult?
Make mistakes. The peace deal with Nagaur contained a serious flaw. I should have demanded the cancellation of the alliance Nagaur - Multan as well. Now, both Sindh and Delhi are also in a war with Multan and both are hot for some lands of Multan.
In the meantime I got two more stackwipes against Chagatai, a 10-stack and a 12-stack. Now I have to rush, to try to correct my mistake. I have to send at least a single stack to all of Multan's provinces to prevent an occupation by the others.

eu4_41.png

Delhi has gone to Nagaur and Sindh either too, or he is waiting a bit to gain morale. Anyway, no one in sight in Multan's territory, so I can reach the last corners. On the way I found some lonely elephants in the north for a quick stackwipe.
The crossing swords indicate a battle in Shorkot. That is critical, because the 12-stack of Mewar's Condottieri has given up the siege of Lahore and is moving west. Which can only mean, he would like to toast some of my small stacks. So I have to attack him with my main army, although it is a bit disordered. But I have my best general (2/5/2/1 +10% InfCA), while Mewar just has a (1/1/0/3) one. Plus the big asset of Mil Tech 6 vs 5.

One month later the Mewarian Condottieri are stackwiped in Shorkot. This army won't come back, unless there will be a new Condottieri contract. The critical situation has ended successfully.

eu4_42.png

I started the siege of the province Multan (+14%) for real and let my main army recover a bit. After I killed all Chagatais at some point, he has already rebuild half his army, but they are far away.
Multan's army moved around for some time, now I caught him in the hills of Kashmir. For a second stackwipe of his entire army and this time he can't order new troops. So I can take my time for the sieges and afterwards I will move over to Chagatai.

eu4_43.png

Multan, 16.May.67. Aha, more of the new Chagatai regiments come over to be annihilated once more. Before that I have already stackwiped an 8-stack and a 5-stack in Kangra, the province south of Ladakh.

eu4_44.png

Dejarat, the level-2 fort of Multan on 18.Oct.67, Kashmir a few days before. One stack already started the siege of Kashgar (-42%), the first mountain fort of Chagatai. My other troops are on the way to support. My constant blows to Chagatai's army seem to encourage my ally Transoxiana. I don't think this is a good war for Transox, as he is on 28/28 regs, while all alone Uzbek has 26/45 regs. But I can't help him for now, as I have enough problems to take care of myself.

eu4_45.png

Half a year later and I get the fort from Chagatai. Initially I intended to demand his cancellation of the tributary status of Ladakh. But this would result in a long truce of mine with Ladakh. So I ask Chagatai for money and the termination of his alliance with Uzbek. Hoping someone from the east will jump on him.

eu4_46.png

eu4_47.png

Now I can finish my war with Multan. I grab five provinces and vassilize him with his last province in Bahawalpur (3 dev), as I want to use him for a Reconquest on Delhi later. Chagatai accounts for 53k out of the 80k hostile losses in this war.

A few days later I also end the other war. Jharkhand goes away for money, while I keep my promise to Jaunpur and grant him OPM Kalinjar, with a level-2 fort. Each nation removed from the map is one less nation that can join a coalition.

3 1/2 years of war this time, but ending with the subjugation of Multan as a nice result, I think.
What to come next? Time to recover/do nothing or can I find another victim soon? The answer ... next time.

Last edited:
Good job on forming Mughals! Shame about the rebels...

Mewar and Ladakh
Mewar and Ladakh

eu4_48.png

Indian provinces: Mughals 12, Kashmir 2, Multan 1 = in total 15/255 for THoT

Let's have a new perspective: The Mughals and the Indian superregion.
At the moment the country looks more like an octopus with three arms and we are at best a minor medium power in the subcontinent (FL 20). The big players are Bahmanis, Vijayanagar, Bengal and Jaunpur (FL 40+). While nations like Delhi, Mewar and Malwa are in our league (FL about 25). But it is difficult to find war constellations because of alliances. I want to avoid a situation like last time, fighting a war being outnumbered 1 to 2.5. It was only possible because of the advantage in Mil Tech.

eu4_49.png

Religions: On the province level in the northwest a few are Sunni, in the north around the Himalaya a few are Vajrayana (a Buddhist denomination) and all the rest is Hindu. But on the nation level it is different. It is mostly a mix of Sunnis (Bengal, Jaunpur, Delhi ...) and Hindus (Vijy, Mewar and many minors). Bahmanis is even Shia. This eases the task of conquering the continent somewhat, because AE is mostly dependant on religion.
Still AE management is very important, I think, so I have taken Diplomatic Ideas as the first group.

eu4_50.png

Cores on the former Multani provinces are created, vassal Kashmir is set on scutage and his integration has begun. For some unknown reasons Jaunpur has given up his friendly attitude towards Mewar.
So I can go for a new expansion by war. Mewar's allies are the minors in the south, Porbandar in violet and Baglana in red-brown. I call in Jaunpur on the promise of land. So we have enough troops for a clear victory, moreover as all enemies are a bit busy in wars with Paltina (the 2PM south in yellow). All I have to do is to win the race against Jaunpur and his vassal Mewat (the violet 2PM) for some border provinces, because of the mutual vital interest.

eu4_51.png

All critical provinces are already under my control. Mewar has moved to my vassal Multan's level-1 fort in Bahalwapur (-14%) and Baglana sieges my fort in Lahore (-49%). I have rolled some new generals and B. Bhutto (3/4/3/2) is now responsible for sieges. Thus he is in Ranthambore (-21%), the war goal with a level-2 fort, while my main army already started the siege of the level-3 fort in Chittor (-49%).
Mewat's 6-stack (in rainbow colors) has run all the way down south to the capital of Porbandar. Which is stupid, as Porbandar's 10-stack is next by and Mewat is isolated. Sigh.

eu4_52.png

I have just won the siege of the war goal. Shortly before I could already peace out Baglana. He has no real fort, so occupying his provinces and a pseudo-siege of his capital was enough, to make him giving me some money and leave the war. Mewat's army did indeed "find" Porbandar's. Best news is, his stack survived.

eu4_53.png

Collateral damage of a war: Lahore got occupied, as well as Bahalwapur. But in the meantime I got Chittor on 15.Sep.70 , the second and last fort of Mewar. So I just have to get Porbandar out. Unfortunately the minor refuses any surrender, until I take either his capital on the coast or his level-2 fort in Girnar. Both sieges are underway and at -42%.

eu4_54.png

Several months later. Kashmir got integrated. I have boxed in Mewar's army in the west. He can't get out without attacking my stack, which he won't do. But the capital of Porbandar has just fallen to my siege, so the war is over anyway.

eu4_55.png

eu4_56.png

Firstly Porbandar had to annul all his alliances in addition to money and war reps.
Seven new provinces is what I demand from Mewar now. Ranthambore, Bundi and Hadotti are important for "Gwalior and Ranthambore", one of the Mughals' opening missions. Chittor has a fort in the hills and Mewar is a gold mine, the only one in India.
I would have liked to take one more province in the west to border some of the minors. However, for the first time in this campaign I am stopped by AE. All the time I have been so friendly to Baluchistan, but the unthankful guy just rivaled me. So with Timmy and the minor Bundelkhand I am already on three for a possible coalition. One more grab would "attract" more Hindu minors, so not.
But I shouln't complain. Two forts, two CoT and the gold mine are very good gains from this war.

eu4_57.png

Not much later my armies (24 regs) are already in position for the next war. I still have the Mil Tech advantage of 6 vs 5 here for now. Ladakh is a Buddhist nation and the war is only about 9 development, so I shouldn't have problems with AE. Chagatai is still busy with the old war, Transoxiana declared on him in Dec.67. Which my ally is bitterly losing. Tsang is separated from Ladakh by the territories of Guge. My plan is simply to take all war participants separately.

eu4_58.png

Ladakh's army is gone forever. Tsang is in the war, but for some reason Chagatai is not. But Ladakh is still his tributary, so the overlord might join whenever he likes. I don't know. Winter is coming. So I will wait for spring before transferring my army to Tsang through the mountains of Himalaya to the artic provinces with severe winters. Attrition might be a more dangerous enemy in this war than hostile forces.

eu4_59.png

Chagatai is still not in the war, so I walk over to Tsang. His army is only 17 regs and he has no real fort. Just almost everything is low supply arctic mountain provinces. So I am careful.

eu4_60.png

As usual enemies prefer to run away instead of defending in favorable terrain. So I can spread out a bit.

eu4_61.png

Transox is finally completely defeated by Chagatai and Uzbek, so loses a lot of his lands. Chagatai has upgraded to Mil Tech 6 and I am worried about him joining the war against me now.

eu4_62.png

So I quickly peace out Tsang for a little money and now Ladakh for his total annexation. That war was surprisingly fast and easy. The non-participation of Chagatai wasn't planned. Three more low-deved provinces for me and the most northern part of India is under my control.

I get a bit nervous about my allies. Jaunpur is good, but Transox is an uncertainty now. Timmy might attack him, which might be good for me or maybe not. But it is unlikely that Transox can help me against anyone, so at some point I will have to cancel this alliance. For now I keep him.
But I arrange two new alliances: Baluchistan and Kutch.
Baluchistan had to drop me as a rival immediately after my gains from Mewar and he became friendly again. Timmy won't attack him, as they share Haasa as an ally.
Kutch is a Hindu OPM southwest of Mewar. The tooltip at the diplomatic interaction says, he would be willing to become my vassal. Though it is a long way to have his opinion to be +190 on the Mughals. But it is a chance to get more provinces peacefully, so why not. Kutch is also allied to Vijy, so I have no chance to attack him anyway.

Maybe I have plans with both of my new allies for a next war? Let's see ... next time.

Last edited:
Very nice. I love it so far. I will read this avidly.

Excellent! The Mughals are expanding. Perhaps they can reach the glory that OTL Mughals did?

Malwa and Sindh
Malwa and Sindh

eu4_63.png

Indian provinces: Mughals 24, Multan 1 = in total 25/255 for THoT

Octopus arms extended.
Shortly after our last war with Ladakh, Malwa together with Sindh declared on weakened and friendless Mewar.

eu4_64.png

I haved waited until the cores on the former Mewari provinces were done, developed the gold mine in Mewar from 3 to 7 and set Malwa as a new rival.
The offical goal for the new war is Bundelkhand, the blue OPM between Jaunpur and Malwa. But my true target is Malwa. I can't directly attack him, because of his alliances with Bengal, Sindh, Baglana and Bundelkhand. So I have to take him as secondary participant. Means, taking provinces from him will cost +100% score and +50% AE. Thus I can't be too greedy.
As usual, more important than fighting the enemy is to check the provinces of vital interest of my BFF Jaunpur and his vassal Mewat. Then to ensure I get the occupation of these provinces. I want the two provinces Gird and Chanteri absolutely, because of the Mughals mission "Gwalior and Ranthambore", giving perma claims on eight more areas.

eu4_65.png

One Malwani army has gone north to siege my fort in Derajat (-28%) and all other enemies are busy in the other war with Mewar in the west. So I sit on Gird (-28%), have occupied some neighboring provinces and have successfully persuaded Jaunpur to do the dirty work of occupying the war goal (-35%) and the jungle fort in Mandla (-49%) in the southeast. Especially ugly during the monsoon season, from June to September.
As I don't see any resistance from hostile troops, my main army (16k) and its split offs are liberating Mewari provinces from Malwani occupation.

eu4_66.png

My main army moved from the province Mewar southwest to Patan and thereafter stackwiped Bundelkhand's weak 9-stack north in Barmer. Now Malwa's leaderless (sigh) main army, who was sieging the capital fort in Gorwar. Once more I rolled new genearals and A. Beg (3/6/4/1) is very competent for battles this early in the game. The second Malwani army has given up the siege of Derajat and moved over to help. Then AI-Malwa realised this would be futile and stopped one province away.
While the first stackwipe in Barmer cost almost no men (500), this battle caused 3.3k casualties for me. Maybe too much, as I can't rescue Mewar anyway. Because I can't touch Sindh's troops, who will win the war for Malwa.

eu4_67.png

The key fort in Gird has surrendered. I siege Malwa's level-1 fort in Mandu (-21%), while Jaunpur has taken on the task of besieging the fort of Rewakantha (-35%) in hilly terrain. Again I liberate a Mewari province. But that is almost useless, as Malwa can demand whatever he wants, the moment Sindh wins the siege of Gorwar.
My main army (14k) has gone north to Cholistan, in the area of Multan. The progress of the Multani separatists was on 90% for several months. Reaching home territory I intended to enable the rebel suppression mode, which would have resulted in the decline of the rebel faction. However shortly before my army arrived, the rebellion broke out. I am not scared of the rebels, nevertheless my army will just watch and wait.

eu4_68.png

The war Malwa - Mewar ended. Malwa got three provinces, Sindh even six and Mewar is reduced to a 3PM. The remaining Malwani army plus some reinforcements (13 regs) has attacked Jaunpur in Rewakantha and I came over to help with some troops and my wonderful general. So this attempt got repelled and our sieges can continue. Mandla, the fort in the very east has fallen on 5.May.74, so the rest of Jaunpur's troops are moving over.

eu4_69.png

That is why I didn't attack the rebels with my army. I wanted to use my allies' and subject's troops for this job, while being attached to single stacks of mine. As Sindh and Delhi closed the door on us by not giving mil access, I had to go the long way through Lahore, coming from the north. But the detour was worth it, I lost only 500 soldiers.

eu4_70.png

Mandu, 21.Apr.75.
Several months later, new rebels, same trick. Against the 21-stack of Mewari separatists I (ab)use my friends again. AIs don't consolidate, so Jaunpur's regiments are incomplete and vulnerable in this battle.
Three weeks later the rebels are dead and we have to suffer 11.6k losses, but me just 900. As I can do this abuse only during a war, I would have waited for this second rebellion anyway. But the completion of the last siege is still missing, to get from Malwa all I want.

eu4_71.png

eu4_72.png

Rewakantha is done, so let's negotiate with Malwa for a separate deal.
I take only the two provinces I need for the mission. But I demand Malwa breaking his alliance with Sindh and his humiliation. Which gives nice PP and a second age objective. AE is fairly harmless this time.

A day later I transfer the occupation of Mahoba to Jaunpur and demand the full annexation of OPM Bundelkhand to end the main war too. Giving me a few favors with Jaunpur and one more minor Hindu nation is removed from the map.

eu4_73.png

Just six weeks later and it is already time for the next war, with Sindh. At the end of the last war my remaining troops were on hostile territory, they got black-flagged. So I just had to walk the short distance from Patan to Cholistan, to have all my armies activated and in position on the borders of Sindh.

Yes, Timmy. Long time no see. After integrating Afghanistan and Sistan, the Timurids still hold Fars as a vassal. Troop numbers are: Sindh 15/19, Timurids 34/35, Fars 12/13, while my Mughals are on 24/28. Ajam in Persia is completely losing in two different wars. Otoh to Mazandaran and otoh to Timurids and Fars. So Timmy should be still a bit busy in their west, but as he has quite a number of cores on Ajam, he will gain strength once he ends that war.

Kutch has won his war against Porbandar some time ago and took back his two cores. So he has grown from a OPM to a 3PM. He is still willing to become my diplo-vassal, provided his opinion of me raises to +190 and I can overcome the "distance of borders" modifier.
I will call both him and Baluchistan into the war, but just a little later. When I will be sure to get the control on the provinces, my friends would like to keep for themselves. Every time the same trick: Mark everything hostile as vital interest, call in friends on the promise of land, but deny them any occupation of key provinces, take everything you want in the peace deal and everyone is fine.

eu4_74.png

Sindh panicked and rushed with his entire army to Kalat, the mountain fort of Baluchistan. No good idea, as Baluchistan is in the war now and so I got the terrain bonus, being the defender of the fort. Plus Sindh not being on max morale, having a weak general and being behind in Mil Tech. All added up to the stackwipe.

eu4_75.png

I have organized my troops. Sindh is completely occupied, except the coastal level-1 fort in his capital Thatta, which I am working on. Kutch is called in and I have most friendly troops attached to one of my stacks. So I am walking north. Occupying the east of Timurids, Afghanistan including the level-3 fort in Herat, should be enough to get Timmy out of the war.
Mazandaran peaced out against Ajam. He gave Timmy four of his cores for free. Sigh. But at least Timmy and Fars now have to siege down Qom, the new capital of Ajam to finish their war.
My original holdings around Golestan became prey of the Timurids. But meanwhile I hold a lot of development, so the occupation of a few low dev provinces no longer results in a massive WE. Contrary to the humble beginnings of Khorasan. Greedy Timmy doesn't transfer his occupations to Sindh, preventing the warleader from hiring Mercs to rebuild some of his lost army.

eu4_76.png

The Sindh-part of the war is done. A first 17-stack of Timurids shows up in Baluchistan. But he can't reach my occupations in Sindh, because of the ZOCs from the fort in Kalat. Well, he could use his navy for a naval invasion, but ... AI.
Thus I can concentrate on the siege of Herat (-42%). Actually my biggest stack is in Roh, waiting for the Ladakhi separatists. This is a problem of the [1.29] attachment system. I can only signal my desire for my friends to attach to my armies. It is not possible to say, just 12k stay in Roh and the rest please go to Herat and attach to another stack over there.

eu4_77.png

So Timurids and Fars finished their war with Ajam and they got a lot more provinces. Timmy is now on 46/49 regs, a bit worrying. But most of his troops are in Baluchistan, without a concept, what to siege. More running back and forth, like chickens.

eu4_78.png

I could get Herat already with the next tick on 30.Jan.77. However Timmy refuses a white peace for now. Hence I am moving west with my troops to occupy some more provinces. Timurids' progress in Baluchistan: almost zero. But he seems to move his stacks back to his homelands. So I am careful not to split my armies in too many weak stacks.
In Kashmir I have solved the problem of the overloaded stack with a little trick, using attrition to make the 10-stack of Kutch detach and come over to the west.
A lot of neutral troops are moving around in my lands, as Delhi and Bengal are in a war with Doti and other minors.

eu4_79.png

Instead of attacking me, Timmy preferred to liberate some desert provinces. And five days ago he got out for a handful of ducats, a +3% peace deal. The Ladakhi rebels have erupted in Baltistan and I can let my friends bled again to fight this down. Very fine.

eu4_80.png

eu4_81.png

The rebels are killed, so let's see the peace deal. Sindh is on 105% province score cost, so I can't annex him fully. Because of the rewards from the mission on Malwa, I got perma claims on the three provinces in the east. With the four provinces in the west I get a CoT, secure the western border of India and get my first coastal one this game. A port, sailors, navy, omg.
The truce will last longer than 10 years. Thus breaking the alliance Sindh - Timurids might be useless. But I think it is a chance to isolate Sindh, so I demand it and war reps too. Time will tell.

eu4_82.png

Some of my troops got stranded on "Khorasan island" after the peace with Timmy. Including the 7 Mercs, I had hired for several years. They are disbanded now, as for the next war I plan to have some cannons. This will be after 1479, the year of Mil Tech 7.
So I use a little trick to make the 2-stack walk through the territories of Timurids without mil access. First I ask Transoxiana for access and walk to Kopet Dag. Next I immediately return to Bojnord and cancel the access. One more time I march to Kopet Dag. Although I don't have the access anymore, I can do so because of the rule for the return province. Result: I black-flag myself. Which is what I want, as now my 2-stack can pass Timmy's lands freely to my mainlands in India.

Diplo-vassalization of Kutch: With the new provinces I have overcome the problem of "distance of borders". But now I can't get his opinion to +190, because of "border friction", "neighboring different religion" and other modifiers. But I don't give up. Some modifiers like AE are ticking down, or I might get an event like "Friends in Need".

Next war should be with Delhi again. But I will wait at least two years for my new provinces to be cored.
We will see, what is going to happen ... next time.

Last edited:
going strong

Belatedly signing on for this. Glad to see you back writing @WolframS67 !

Delhi (2nd)
Delhi (2nd)

eu4_83.png

Indian provinces: Mughals 33, Multan 1 = in total 34/255 for THoT

Octopus now with five arms, or better called tentacles, I guess.
The truce with Delhi is over, but I want to wait until coring of the latest conquests is done in Sep.79. Which involves a new Mil Tech in Jan.79. Moreover I will need my BFF Jaunpur, who is somewhat depleted of manpower. Well, I think, I used him too much in wars and against rebels in recent years.
Speaking of rebels, I got my first age ability and picked "Feudal de Jure Law", giving me the state edict to lower unrest by -5. Together with the "autonomous rebel suppression" for my armies, I should be able to control most of the rebellions now myself, before they break out.

eu4_84.png

The old Padishah is dead, Abu Sa'id is the new Padishah. The legitimacy has dropped somewhat to 75, but with fantastic 15 Mpoints a month, that is a small price. His trait is -0.05 monthly autonomy change. Which is also very helpful, to get more of everything from conquered provinces. His brother is the new heir, coming with the average of 9 Mpoints.
Bad news for the planned war from Delhi: Despite debts his ally Chagatai is now willing to defend Delhi, in addition to Sindh and Bengal. That is probably too much for me and Jaunpur.

eu4_85.png

Timmy my friend!
Delhi dishonoring the defense of Chagatai means, this alliance is broken. So my war against Delhi is now manageable. I immediately start the preparations. After taking Adm and Mil Tech 7 I order the first 8 cannons. FL is 29 and after the dispensation of the Mercs, I can now complement my army of 21 regular infantry with artillery.

1479 is the year that changes warfare crucially in EU4. Sieges are the most important factor in almost all of the wars. Time for sieges on level-2 forts is reduced from 9-18 months to 3-9 months with full cannon bonus now, approximately. Moreover: The AI is bad with battles, but even worse with sieges. So winning wars by outplaying the AI in siege vs siege becomes more effectively after 1479. That is why I like to invest strongly into cannons, even for the price of more loans. And I like to hold several forts, to give the AI nuts to crack, which he can't in due time.

eu4_86.png

I declare Reconquest for Multan. As now seen many times before: I call in Jaunpur on the promise of land. He would like to have four provinces north of my capital Delhi. So the job of my 9-stack on Jaunpur's territory is, to make his army attached, to not allow him to enter critical provinces before me. Meanwhile Jaunpur has integrated his 2PM vassal Mewat.
Numbers: Bengal 45/46, Delhi 26/26, Sindh 6/12 and Jeypore (vassal of Bengal) 6/6 regs. Jaunpur 31/43, Mughals 29/30 and Multan 3/3 regs.
Simple plan: First Sindh, then Delhi and after that let's see what Bengal is doing in the south of Jaunpur. Thus the majority of my troops including cannons is ready to jump on Sindh in the west.

eu4_87.png

Sindh's army is killed, the level-1 fort in his capital Khaipur is under siege by 5 cannons and my 2-siege-pip general for an early +21% progress. Jaunpur has hired 14 Mercs to overcome his manpower problem. Delhi's armies have fled to the north, I am sieging his capital in Upper Doab (+7%) with 3 cannons and Sirhind (-42%) with pure infantry, including the 3-stack of my vassal Multan.
In the south Bengal has started two sieges and occupied some unfortified provinces. But let's compare the progress: Me on Khaipur +21%, Bengal/Jeypore on Jaunpur -49%.
Oh yes, Hadoti separatists have broken out with an 8-stack, fairly small. I will take care of them someday, they will be stopped by one of my forts anyway.

eu4_88.png

I have already finished all my three sieges: Upper Doab 27.Feb.80, Khaipur 6.Apr.80 and Sirhind 18.Apr.80, with the cannons transferred from Upper Doab. While I was sieging, Delhi's armies turned around, went south and used the Himalayan Hills (Sirmur, Garhwal, Kumaon) in the east to bypass my troops.
The 6-stack escaped, but I have been able to put the 20-stack into battle now. Ah yes, I have the Tech advantage over all the others for the moment. Mil Tech 7 also gives +0.25 Mil tactics, that is why the values on the battle UI are highly in my favor. But that is a bit misleading, as I participate only with a single stack in the battle. One attached and another supporting army of Jaunpur are doing the work, while my general G. Nazirun (2/5/2/1) is in command.

Eight days later the battle ends in a stackwipe, even without additional reinforcements from my side. Although we have outflanked Delhi and he had just a horrible general (0/3/0/0), the outcome is a bit surprising. Seems Jaunpur's army has some quality too.

eu4_89.png

Some days ago, on 21.Jun.80, the Indian reformation broke out: Sikhism. Three of my/Multan's provinces have been force converted to Sikh. I don't care, as Sikhs are heathens as well as Hindus are, seen from the perspective of a Muslim Padishah.
Now I take care of the Hadoti separatists in Gird. Jaunpur is also liberating a province from the occupation of his rebels. Bengal is sieging the level-3 fort in Jaunpur, still on -49% progress, so no reason for a rushed attack here.
The most interesting aspect of the screenshot is the movement of Delhi's 6-stack from Gorakhpur (yellow striped) north to Bahreich. Because of the fort in Jaunpur and the ZOC movement rules, Bengal from the south and Delhi from the north have just two provinces, they can reach both, Jaunpur and Gorakhpur. Means, Delhi is moving his stack out of the protection of his allies.

eu4_90.png

And he did it! I just had to wait until the Delhi 6-stack was locked in and then I could snap it. See the 15.3k-army of Bengal? It has given up the siege of Jaunpur and is moving to Gorakpur. Trying to help Delhi in a province, he can't reach, I suppose.
Actually this is a tragedy. ZOC rules are difficult, human players understand them somewhat. But the AI has no understanding of it at all. Leading to stupid mistakes like this.

eu4_91.png

The court gets shaken again. 1 1/2 years after his inthronisation beloved Abu Sa'id has died already, at the early age of 29. Now his brother Bahadur Shah is the new Padishah. Whom I wanted to get rid of in the long run, by making him a general. 9 Mpoints is acceptable, especially 5 Adm points per month. He has raised the legitimacy to 100 again, good. But his trait is -20% improve relations, bad. The passive AE reduction is +2 at the end of each year. Improve relations modifiers also alter this. Meaning I get 0.4 less ticking down AE with every nation. I am not amused.
The new heir Shir Shah, another younger brother, is even worse with just 8 Mpoints.

eu4_92.png

Half a year later in the war. No more battles, it is Bengal and Jeypore just retreating. After liberating some Jaunpuri provinces, now the level-3 fort in Gauda blocks further movement of our armies. The siege is on +35% after just two phases, I have upgraded to 10 cannons meanwhile.
I am not in a hurry to peace out, because I want to trigger the Golden Era for the 10% power cost discount, before coring new provinces. To get a third age objective, I need just one more of my province to embrace the Renaissance, which should happen in a few months. Well, I will have to unstate some areas for one day, because the age ability only cares about provinces in states. This will cost me two full cores in the Kashmir area, which I got from the integration of my former vassal. Just a handful of Adm points, if I want to fullcore them later again. In general I am very reluctant with creating full cores. I prefer to preserve my Adm points for new provinces and technology. Just some very important provinces like Lahore or the gold mine in Mewar are full cores, most of my provinces are territorial cores.

eu4_93.png

After the fall of Gauda on 7.Feb.81, in just 105 days, me and Jaunpur could occupy several wealthy unfortified provinces. Now Bengal is willing to give me a lot of money and to end his alliances with Delhi and Malwa.

eu4_94.png

The Golden Era is enabled and I decide to fully annex Sindh, despite him being a secondary participant. Because I own now all provinces with Sindhi culture, the special Mughal ability automatically accepts this culture sub-group. Which lowers unrest, reduces coring time and removes the penalty for tax-income, etc.

eu4_95.png

Multan gets his three cores back. Plus I take Sirhind and Doaba (for a mission and wealth), Merta (for connection) and three provinces in the Himalayan Hills to get a border with Doti. The AE list is harmless, just Timmy and the minor Porbandar.
Oh, Ming troops on my northern border. He wants to subjugate Chagatai to become his tributary. Not very difficult, after Timmy is crashing Chagatai already.

eu4_96.png

The cannon strategy worked wonderfully.
After this war I am 2800 ducats in debt, but this is "just" 33% of my total possible debt. So no reason for cheers, but no reason to worry much either.

Concerning my ally Kutch in the west: He is winning his war against Baglana and he would still like to become my diplo-vassal. But I am not able to get his opinion to +190 yet. Because of the AE caused by the grabbing of Sindh, we are in a about the same situation as some years before. I have to wait, but I still have the chance to vassalize him.

The next war is to come for sure. When and against whom, we will see ... next time.

Last edited:
Steady progress, but that seems sensible enough seeing as everything is so finely balanced in the region.