• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

birdboy2000

Megalomaniac
60 Badges
Jan 27, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Did you like to play the Khazars in CK1? Are you unhappy that, with all the added religions, Judaism got taken out? If so, this is the mini-mod for you.

This mod recreates the Khazars as they were in CK1 - which is to say, an independent, Jewish state. This, of course, necessitates adding in Judaism, which this mod does as well. Jews in this mod are in their own religious group (so no good relations with Pagans) but otherwise play like another Pagan sect = they don't get a holy war or a church head, but they do get Pagan troop bonuses in a cloned version of the warrior cult building called the Order of Masada. For the same reasons that pagans do: they need it. :p
Unfortunately, I have no graphic skills, so Jews are stuck with the same symbol as Pagans and Zoroastrians - I'd like to add a Jewish star (more memorable) or a menorah (more historically accurate) if anyone's up to it.

The mod also alters landed titles. The Duchy of Khazars is no longer sans title, but now contains the province of Itil. The duchy of Itil (which I tried to rename to Saray but couldn't figure out how - changing it in localisation in the mod folder didn't work) no longer contains its namesake province. This was a necessary change, because there's no point modding in Judaism if you just get steamrolled by the Cumans and their de jure claim.

Also, because non-Christian religions are hardcoded to be unplayable without cheating, you will need to cheat to actually play as the Khazars. To do so, type § (alt + 21 on the numpad) and then "play 20663" in the console that comes up. One ruler, rules from 1066-1089.

Feel free to incorporate into other mods if interested.

Attachments

• Khazar mod.zip
    92,7 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I think im going to add Judaism in my mod as a heretical christian sect just for you. <3

The problem with doing that is that the *other* major religion in game, Islam, could also be described as a heretic Jewish sect. :) There's a reason they call them the Abrahamic religions.

Weren't the Khazars totally wiped out in like 950?

There's some evidence of Khazar successor states, and we're not clear who else ruled the area. The empire was certainly gone - at their height they'd occupy about what the Cumans do on the map - but Paradox in vanilla still gives them Itil province.

Do you mind if we include parts of this in Terra Normannorum? (Link is in my signature) Since Khazar successor states rule most of the Crimea and the Duchy of Azov, it'd be neat to have them properly represented.

I did see your bit about this in the first post, but I wanted to ask, just so you knew we were doing this. :)

Please tell me how to play it. I tried using PMM with CK2PLUS but it isnt compatibl with this mod. And the CK2PLUS makes them vassals of the Cumans which I don't want to deal with.