• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

This thread is more than 5 months old.

It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose. If you feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.

noobermenschen

Everybody funny. Now you funny too.
20 Badges
Jul 18, 2006
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
CSABadass said:
1) Libel is the publication of falsehoods, or at least that's what they told me when I got my B.S. in journalism (and learned how to B.S. in my journalism:)), so I stand by the use of the term.
I though libel was the deliberate publication of falsehoods with the intention of, or disregard for, injuring another person. Otherwise, it was just BS journalism (BTW, this is in the US. I know many countries, in particular UK, give libel a broader definition).

And as for the Union conspiracy, one version of the US Civil War I have read here (I believe it is in the POTM thread in OT) went something like this:

- In 1845 the US was allowed to join Texas. In 1861 there was a disagreement, and the northern states left Texas, with the southern states remaining.
- A war was fought, which Texas would have won handily, but for the interference of the other southern states.
- In 1865 the rest of the nation was allowed to join Texas once again.

Not sure, but I believe this was posted by someone from Texas.

I am pretty impressed by P'dox's historical research for leaders and ministers even with the disputed inaccuracies (though I notice no one's ever argued with Richard Nixon being a Backroom Backstabber as HoG :D ). And quite a few of us have learned and discussed many interesting minor figures in history here.