• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You can find a document in the Burning Library that discusses abdicating claims. With this knowledge, you can convince Ashe Jr to end the line of Regents in a less cruel way.

I've read elsewhere that a suitably high enough Lore skill will do the trick, but I'm not sure I've seen that option and cannot comment on it.

You can find a document in the Burning Library that discusses abdicating claims. With this knowledge, you can convince Ashe Jr to end the line of Regents in a less cruel way.

I've read elsewhere that a suitably high enough Lore skill will do the trick, but I'm not sure I've seen that option and cannot comment on it.

I've seen that option, you first have to say that there has to be another way for it to show up

The thing is when you leave the castle to do the optional quest, you lose all the support of the allies you've amassed thus far. is there a way to keep them all without killing the baby?

If your only option is to kill the baby or break the alliance to spare it... Sometimes, you gotta accept the consequence. Granted, in this case, I'd consider it more of a promotion than a lost opportunity.

But did it break your alliances?

nope, it does not, hell the unbroken even offer hospitality to ashe's daughter afterwards

You can also head back to court and talk to one of the Fatebinders and they will tell you a story about a noble women who created a loophole for whatever reason that I forget now. You can then go back and tell the mom about this loophole which is the exact same one as the one you get with when passing the lore check. I have not lost any alliances because of this myself.

You can also head back to court and talk to one of the Fatebinders and they will tell you a story about a noble women who created a loophole for whatever reason that I forget now. You can then go back and tell the mom about this loophole which is the exact same one as the one you get with when passing the lore check. I have not lost any alliances because of this myself.

I can only get that story or lore check after i betrayed my alliance to the unbroken. (Im on the rebel path). And i cant get to the burning library either the shadow Archon opens it after i tell her that ill find a way, but again after the alliance is lost. i dont have the 69 lore if i get that up before i kill the regent will there be more dialogue options?

edit: yep i left just before killing the regent ate some fungus and read all the spells i could, and went from low 30 lore to 70 and the dialogue option was there. I wish it showed the "requirement not reached" when i was lower though.

Last edited: