• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mowers said:
rebels should definitely be able to cross borders.

Its alot of fun as well as being historical and realistic.

Maybe is realistic. But it is not fun (or rather interesting).

Right now is too easy to let rebels conquer a province, let them move to another country and then retake it without problems. If you have an isolated province rebels moving is precisely what makes thing easy for you.

Rebel armies should not spread. They should stay home (to defend rebellion). And a new rebel army should appear in other province (representing people happy for the fact that it seems that the rebellion is winning, so they revolt too). That could make rebellions more difficult to handle.

Emre Yigit said:
I think that the ai would have trouble with both of these; but I would really like to see the "support" function. Something like the placing pirates function already available in EU2?
Supporitng:

giving money, supplies of ammo, weapons, clothes, food to rebels.

This gives you a chance to controll events in the rebelling area
(like replacing rebel leader with one of your man, so you can controll rebel units of that rebellion, and making the possibly new/freed state your puppet later)

Of course its enough to support them so they can bother your enemy, and making it for you easier later.

Also there should be a thing why the rebels fight, and you could choos to only help a group. Like: If you're the Papal States, you could supply the minority catholics in russia to change faith if it succeeds. (harder, but possible to change nations state-faith)

This could also work with cultural minority: France supports and founds french minority in Flanders or Holland. If rebellion succeeds, main provincial culture changes to french. (harder, but possible to change nations state-culture)

History note
: As Hungary in 1848-1849 nearly succeed to become free from Habsburgs, the French King (emperor?) gave money and weapons to us. Nearly 9/10 of Hungary was secured, but then the King didn' liked anymore the idea of a free Hungary.

Of course, it's now the best time to think about these to include, becouse the main part of the EU3 game is not ready yet, so it could be balanced.

arcorelli said:
Rebel armies should not spread. They should stay home (to defend rebellion).
There is a problem:
Are they thinking of 'home' like of province, or more provinces, a certain area, same nation but other faith/culture?

There are lots of things to fight for, and i didn't even added ideologys. (like nazism or communism)

Emre Yigit said:
I think that the ai would have trouble with both of these; but I would really like to see the "support" function. Something like the placing pirates function already available in EU2?
EUIII will include an "intelligence" feature, perhaps this will be part of it?

jorian said:
There is a problem:
Are they thinking of 'home' like of province, or more provinces, a certain area, same nation but other faith/culture?

There are lots of things to fight for, and i didn't even added ideologys. (like nazism or communism)

Home as in the province they control. Basically, the thing is that if a revolt is successful, that means more rebel armies (so you got the one that is defending rebel controlled land and a new one dedicated to get more land). Currently, having the rebel army move is better for you -the player.

arcorelli said:
Home as in the province they control. Basically, the thing is that if a revolt is successful, that means more rebel armies (so you got the one that is defending rebel controlled land and a new one dedicated to get more land). Currently, having the rebel army move is better for you -the player.
...you misunderstood me: what is what THEY THINK!? would they have enough if they free a province, or would they want to free other ones too?

jorian said:
...you misunderstood me: what is what THEY THINK!? would they have enough if they free a province, or would they want to free other ones too?

I didn't misunderstood you, I don't care about that question. I am talking from the perspective of playing the game: Moving rebels make dealing with the revolt very easy (is like having rebels die of attrition, you can let them die in winter if you are Russia and never care about them). And I prefer that dealing with revolts is more difficult.

After all, you as the ruler should care and worry about people revolting, it is an attack on your rule after all. That is the most important thing to simulate. Currently, you don't need to care at all.

arcorelli said:
I didn't misunderstood you, I don't care about that question. I am talking from the perspective of playing the game: Moving rebels make dealing with the revolt very easy (is like having rebels die of attrition, you can let them die in winter if you are Russia and never care about them). And I prefer that dealing with revolts is more difficult.

After all, you as the ruler should care and worry about people revolting, it is an attack on your rule after all. That is the most important thing to simulate. Currently, you don't need to care at all.
Let them gain controll of a province first, THEN they wait for supply, THEN they go (even trough border), in the time they go to other province, the recruitment of new 'rebels' is already on its way in the gained province. ;)

EDIT: and there should be a main rebel army with a leader of the rebellion with good stats, and it should have a big army( and rebels should combine forces sometimes too, and of course using tactics is a must)