• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: The interestingness of being a megalithic Roman Empire, I think, if the entirety of the Parthian, and later Sassanid Empire were included, it could make for a very interesting game, essentially fighting a cold/occasionally hot war between two superpowers.

While all of that is nice, it's not very realistic; such a game would still be about Rome, and it would be on the Clausewitz engine. Paradox already have a franchise set in Rome, and on the same engine, if they wanted to make another game in the same manner, they'd create a sequel. Something like "EU: Rome II", or "EU: The Roman Empire". They wouldn't create an entirely new franchise, to do so would confuse players who aren't very familiar with Paradox (tbh, it would confuse those who are familiar with it too, seeing as it would an entirely unneeded move). So let's not grasp at straws here; it isn't a Rome sequel, no matter how much we argue the semantics of it.
Well, it would be a first for Paradox to release a sequel which has completely different mechanics, is set in a different, non-overlapping period and focus in completely different things as the original. I'd say it goes a little bit further than semantics, but who knows...

Also, I think you should give players some credit. I think they can stand something like "EU: Glory of the Empire" (for instance) seeing as they still haven't been confused to death by HoI2 and expansions, Arsenal of Democracy, Iron Cross and Darkest Hour (all of which share the same engine, to boot). Ok, granted, that was an old engine, it's not like they would try to confuse people using the Clausewitz engine, right?

Oh, wait :p

Ah, but Magna Mundi isn't an internal game, and falls under the same 'spin-off' category along with AoD, IC, and DH. While us players could certainly stand the hypothetical confusion, it still doesn't matter, seeing as this is a completely new game. Not a sequel, not a spin-off, not an expansion, but simply a new franchise. Aka, not "EU: Glory of The Empire" :p

Ah, but Magna Mundi isn't an internal game, and falls under the same 'spin-off' category along with AoD, IC, and DH. While us players could certainly stand the hypothetical confusion, it still doesn't matter, seeing as this is a completely new game. Not a sequel, not a spin-off, not an expansion, but simply a new franchise. Aka, not "EU: Glory of The Empire" :p
Oh, so you are the one arguing semantics now? :D Johan simply said it's a new game, not a sequel, not an expansion. He didn't say anything about spin-offs, and even if he did, I'm actually talking about a different game from anything else Paradox has ever released in the past, in playability at least, as much as Victoria is different from EU or HoI. Would you consider EU:Rome just a spin-off of EU just because it has EU in the title instead of a different franchise? This would be the pretty much the same thing.

Consider this: if they wanted to do a game about the Roman Empire but still wanted to make another iteration of the republican period in the future, how would they do it? Would the game set in the empire be EU:Rome II and the new game set in the republic EU:Rome III? That would be far more confusing, I'd think...

Well, Project Glory will probably end up being something nobody expected anyway. Like a pay-to-play dating MMORPG played over Facebook using an updated version of the Diplomacy avatars :D

I hope to god its a zombie medieval game, or possibly lotr type.

What about a game based on the fall of the Roman Empire?

Dealing with hordes of barbarians while struggling against internal dissent should be a real challenge.

Dealing with hordes of barbarians while struggling against internal dissent should be a real challenge.

Isnt that a Dark Ages Game?

No....i still hope for global Map,starting from 4000 b.c. (or 2000 bc) until 2500 a.d.
You can build cities. many small Provinces like in HoI3 Europe. You have to lead your nation from stone age until modern times......and this Time not Sids Way.....you have to do it Paradox Way. Much Research to do, unit building....City building, walls...grocery..and many other things. Strategic Ressources, like wood, iron, horses, gold. You would have to struggle with Rebellions, Civil War, often War with neighbours. War would be like in Rome, Vicky2 or HoI3, depending on the century you are. In modern times the new enhanced engine would make sense....as you would build cities underwater. The deep ocean would be a new field of war.

The Paradox Engine is so flexible, it could even handle a Paradox Interpretation of the Civilization concept. And i bet most would love that. From Spears to Bombers....and far more.

Such a game would get many new players from the Civ Series, as most are not very happy with Civ5. And many of this Guys even know Paradox as a company. As the Civ brand is very known worldwide, it could lead to 10x higer sells as usual Pdox Games.

Like the Rome Barbarian Invasion? But making it more grand-strategy kind.

Wth!?

No, I don't think Austria will be in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.