• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kami888

General
3 Badges
Jun 19, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
Kapitulieren? Niemals!

Kapitulieren? Niemals!
1918, never again.
Germany will not surrender.

uber_alles.jpg

German 1944 scenario AAR.
VeryHard/aggressive
Some major bugs killed are stumped on and killed, but mostly vanilla game.

Last edited:
Germany in mid-1944, hard pressed on every front, but still optimistic thanks to Hitler's madness and the efforts of doctor Goebbels, fighting for its survival, in the name of liberty and justice (or so they think). The borders of the German Reich have not yet been reached, and the glorious armies of the Empire and it's allies are still fighting on foreign territories, however the allied air armadas are roaming almost at will over the German airspace and bombing everything in their way. This has to be stopped! Britain must surrender, communism must be wiped out, and the future of the peaceful and united Europe must be secured.

WorldWar2_1.PNG

As always, the 1944 scenario begins with the surrender of German troops trapped in northern France. What a nice beginning.
82620727qb2.png

Immidiately after that, hordes of Soviet infantry, tanks, and aicraft cross the eastern frontline and start taking over and bombing everything.
86987270iv5.png

Patton makes an early attempt to brake out into central France, for which he pays with defeat.
30784206jj7.png

Following a daring German special operation, Mussolini is rescued and put in charge of northern Italy.
98979946dv7.png

The luftwaffe is sent to Berlin for general insepction and re-organization. Goering concludes that overall, although the Luftwaffe is not as powerful as it should be, it is still a more than capable fighting force, it just needes a little re-arrangement. He also states that at first, the luftwaffe activities must concentrate in the west, before trying to stop the bolshevik air hordes.
59067344ki3.png

The Americans seem to quickly recover from their recent failure, and now McArthur (I thought that guy was supposed to be fighting a war against Japan?) leads a new breakout, this time successful.
44990092re3.png

As we all probably know, one of the first things that Germany absolutely must accomplish on the eastern front is re-take Beltsy from Soviets. Not only does their presence in Beltsy put them in position to encircle Axis troops at Chisinev, but it also is a direct threat to the entire balkan region. Conclusion - Bessarabia must remain free from Soviet presence.
72339409fb7.png

Sove German rockets are launched on southern England, just to piss off the Brits, nothing more. Overall the rockets are pretty damn useless, especially since their aiming is so bad that when you aim them at London, they end up landing at Norwitch, but they do manage to reduce the IC in Norwitch to 0.
53794021zh7.png

The allies in Italy launch an offensive northward, but fail to brake through the Gothic line.
51533665du1.png

Wow, first you were fighting with the Soviets, now you're fighting against them. :wacko: Good luck, mein Fuher! :D

If you throw your rockets at the Normany beaches, you can reduce their Infrastructure levels, which would lower the ESE there and thus give the Allies as much as a 40% combat efficiency malus. Also, in the event that you fight more than one battle in a given province, you will greatly slow their ORG regain.

It could make a difference.

One question though is just how long the Japanese will be able to hold out in the east?
I don't know, I'm not going to military-control them.

As you know in 1944 scenario China absolutely sucks balls *cough* *cough* sorry, I mean it's utterly unable to defend itself in any proper way. I'll try to make them hold out for as long as I can, give them extra infantry or something, although that usually doesn't help. I'm not sure what exactly makes them lose so badly, maybe their doctrines suck? Basically I'll try to make sure that the Chinese don't lose ahistorically fast. As for Americans and the pacific war, I will just observe how it goes from the "sunk ships" statistics screen..
Oh by the way, I am currently building some transports and submarines, and a few light cruisers. Don't ask why ;)

Thistletooth said:
If you throw your rockets at the Normany beaches, you can reduce their Infrastructure levels, which would lower the ESE there and thus give the Allies as much as a 40% combat efficiency malus. Also, in the event that you fight more than one battle in a given province, you will greatly slow their ORG regain.

It could make a difference.

That wouldn't be very realistic though.

Interesting start. I'm waiting to see what submarines and light cruisers are for among other things.

Subscribed. :D

What's your plan for the northern part of the russian front?
What about production and tech?

Good Luck!

W00T. a Kami888 AAR. Lead Germany to victory!

...perhaps we can see some nukes in this AAR....

May I suggest changing "Kapituliren" into "Kapitulieren"?
It would be the right german word.

Another AAR by kami888.
Well, can a day start in a better way? :D

kami888 said:
oh shit I knew that SOMETHING was wrong in the title, stared at it for a minute but couldn't figure out what. Thank you.

It's not German enough "Kapituliiiierrren?! Nie-mals!" ;)

Nimismies said:
Can you save Finland? :(
Or atleast release them after the Soviets roll over? :(

Why don't you use SKIF icon pack? :)

Nice to see new AAR already :). I love the way you post your updates (gameplay), and the fact that you do it frequently :).

Michaeru said:
Sie können uns unterdrücken, sie können uns töten, aber kapitulieren werden wir nicht!

Good luck, you'll need it.

*looks for a bunker*
Where's that German fighting spirit?! :mad:
*hears Soviet artillery fire and craps his pants*