• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I dub Hausa as the uZBEKISTAN of this aar.

Slaughter and maim, etc.

Originally Posted by GasTurbine
Invade Hausa and throw rocks at their women!
Are you sure about the second part? ;)

demokratickid -Very sage advice. I shall take it.

coz1 - Club 'em? Certainly it shall be done.

EnragedKiwi - They certainly must be. It is no doubt a highly respectable profession in Kanem Bornu.

General Royce - Thanks.

Olaus Petrus - I didn't really have any trouble. In a test game it was easy enough without the rebellion.

Kami - Thanks.

Didaa - Cheers. I shall need luck in the future quite a bit.

urdh - It sure will.

Raaritsgozilla - Thanks and welcome along.

basharious - Thank you. It is a different style than the Genghis AAR. Still I hope it is enjoyable.

Falastur - I'm not sure about the requirements for cavalry and ships. I don't know whether it is historical at all that the west African nations can build cavalry. I know the likes of Maya and so forth cannot build cavalry.

phargle - And what have you against clubmen?

Amob_m_s - Thanks. I am pleasantly surprised at the number of readers for this AAR. I didn't expect so many.

Ahura Mazda - Will do.

Enewald - I agree. Fun should be taken into consideration more when deciding battle plans.

Lord Durham - Thanks. Shouting is no substitute for a tin can phone. With a tin can phone you can achieve perfect clarity of voice at distances of up to 50m. Try that with shouting.

comagoosie - Thanks. I'm glad you agree with me about clubs.

C'est Moi - Thanks, I hope you enjoy.

billy bob - That's a pretty nasty insult are they really that bad?

Taklagarn - Certainly.

Iwanow - Well it's time to do something major now.

GasTurbine - A fine strategy for war.

PrawnStar - But that is the best part.

EUROO7 - That does make a bit more sense actually.

flag1.gif

Hausa policy was swiftly enacted. It was a costly declaration of war but Abu deemed it vital in order to free the Mali people from the oppression of Hausan rule. An advisor unwisely pointed out that the Hausan rulers were Mali too and that the war would be aggression not liberation. He was swiftly clubbed. To avoid any further such incidents Abu coined the term Aggresso-Liberation as a name for such a war.
23-war.jpg

The Aggresso-Liberators headed across the border in two places in order to catch the defeated Hausan army whichever way it should head after the battle with the animists.
22-invasions.jpg

The first half of the war was described by one clubman as "fun but uneventful". That was taken as a good sign. After all events tend to mean that something hasn't gone according to plan.
20-alltaken.jpg

The main Hausan lands are all occupied.

Matters became a little more complicated during the second half of the war. It would need to be conducted on a distant front. Hausa owns several provinces by the seaside.
19-farway.jpg

24-natives.jpg

Oddly enough the greatest resistance of the war was met simply in the process of marching to the rest of Hausa's lands. Fortunately the natives (although aren't we natives too?) attacked not just us but Hausa too. Forcing their troops into retreat.

Once reaching the coast there were many back and forth battles before the Hausan army was completely destroyed and all was in the control of Kanem Bornu.
Competitive_table_tennis.jpg

Two men engage in a table top game recreating the battles between Hausa and Kanem Bornu
25-everything.jpg

All that remained to be done was for the spoils of war to be decided upon. Several wise ministers advised that Abu should take only a minimal number of provinces. A large empire, they cautioned, would be hard to rule. Abu though had other ideas. He saw in the club a solution to any tricky problems that might arise in the future. So with that in mind Kanem Bornu was more than doubled in size as Hausa was carved up.
21-acquisitions.jpg

Hmmm, a port will come in handy. And now you don't have to brave the native natives (as opposed to just the natives) to get to the rest of Hausa should you wish to destroy (read: club to death) them in future. :D

Love the Ping Pong image!

Well I reckon you'll make Billy Bob happy cos that looks pretty rebel friendly to me. Tribal Succession been an issue yet?

Things will become bit more interesting once you discower Songhai, then you can continue your Aggresso-Liberator policy.

Love the Ping Pong image!

Well I reckon you'll make Billy Bob happy cos that looks pretty rebel friendly to me. Tribal Succession been an issue yet?

Note:I do not like rebels. I do like decapitating, through a good sword or club, rebels.

The Great One said:
billy bob - That's a pretty nasty insult are they really that bad?

True, they are Mali. Hmmmm. Ill put them at 3rd worst, behind uZBEKS! and bears.

I like this, you always do manage to find some of the most remote nations to play, and I still remember how much fun you had rebel bashing with the golden horde. This time you'll actually be bashing them though.

Count me as subscribed.