• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Quite fortunate to see your southern neighbors having a bit of difficulty, especially given that new mission. Club 'em I say and let the animals sort 'em out. ;)

You should be able to crush Hausa with your fancy clubs.

Inspired by this AAR I played 10 years long test game as Kanem Bornu and noticed that there's not much you can do to revolution. By the time I had army of 2000 men defending my capital the nation collapsed and I got tribal democracy instead of tribal despotism. Then I crushed Hausa in war and took almost all of their provinces. 6000 men was more than enough to do it.

What I noticed is that Songhai knows Hausa, but you don't know Songhai and they might try to take their share of Hausa territory too. So beware the Songhai.

Yes! I'm glad I caught a Duke of Wellington AAR at the start!
Now go get those pesky rascals next door!! Club them good!

Wow, a great AAR. As per usual for the Duke!

Your sense of humour is unique, I love it!

I'll definitely be following. If this is anywhere near as good as the Genghis Khan Returns AAR, I'd be the happiest camper around. I think I am going to re-read that gem:D.

I'll be following.

Perfect timing on that Hausa rebellion. Just hope both armies (Hause and rebel) slaughter each other first before you move in for the kill.

A couple of questions regarding EU3, since I never really got into it (EU2 is more my cup of tea, I couldn't make the adjustment) - I take it from your troop trainings that you don't have to satisfy the "contact with civilised nation" things to get cavalry and naval units now, or is there some special case which gives you them? Also, can you force-annex multiprovince nations in EU3?

Perfect timing on that Hausa rebellion. Just hope both armies (Hause and rebel) slaughter each other first before you move in for the kill.

A couple of questions regarding EU3, since I never really got into it (EU2 is more my cup of tea, I couldn't make the adjustment) - I take it from your troop trainings that you don't have to satisfy the "contact with civilised nation" things to get cavalry and naval units now, or is there some special case which gives you them? Also, can you force-annex multiprovince nations in EU3?
You can force-annex multiprovince nations if they have a tribal government or if they are revolting against you (I think).

You can force-annex multiprovince nations if they have a tribal government or if they are revolting against you (I think).

Pagan religion, not tribal government. Also, both sides of a revolutionary war can be completely annexed - the mother country or the revolter. Thus, Cornwall and Wales have annexed England, for example.

Way to play the opportunities as they come; no other way, really, for true minor nations.

It is also a credit to yourself, Duke, and your reputation as a writer, that your AARs now get a page-and-a-half of comments for every single update. Congrats.

Hilarious post. Love the fun category comparing clubs to spears. Nothing beats a good club. I suppose once the people of Kanem Bornu discover shouting the tin-can industry will tank. :)

:rofl:

killer! :D

yes clubs are much funner to wield. You get to swing them around and act crazy like but everyone will still think you are normal! Gunpowder will take that fun all away :(

It seems now is the time to attack...