• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for writing this, it has been very funny, entertaining and thoroughly enjoyable.

And thank you for stopping while it still was all of those things. The mark of the best humorists is to stop before they run dry.

I look forward to your next project.

Now I am clubbed... :eek::(

Anyway, thanks for the read, it was a great ride... :D

Is it over allready? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

*Clubs Duke*:mad:

You cannot club the master of clubs!

Sad that this one came to an end :( But i had lots of fun reading it, so i guess that you did what you were supposed to, make the people laugh! Praise the king of Kanem bornu!

Thanks a lot for the AAR! It was magnificent and so fun while it lasted, and it wasn't exactly short either. If writing it becomes a chore that weighs on you, then why continue (even though it would have been appreciated by us)? Looking forward to your future AARs, of course!

I must also say that everyone who's commented has been a part of the fun by expanding the jokes from the AAR (sometimes way too far :rofl:) and making new ones. This has become a nice little community effort and Duke of Wellington has done a great job nurturing such behavior with really extensive feedback. It must have taken effort to answer to everyone so diligently so thanks for that too!

Well I can't really say that I've been part of this wonderful community since I only started reading recently but it's sad to see it go. It is undoubtedly the funniest AAR I have ever read.

While sad I can understand why you chose to stop. Jokes are fun but if you overextend them they can become boring. And creativity has it's limits as well.

Thank you again for this very fun AAR.

P.S.: Nodscouterr, wouldn't Duke of Clubs be a more fitting title?:p

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

*facepalms nodcouterr to release anger*

*frantically clutches the can of meat product with both hands* I've got it!

A bit more on topic: It is unfortunate that this AAR has to come to an end, but understandable. Thank you for the entertainment up to this point.

It's very sad to see such an announcement on any day but April 1st.

Thank you, Duke, for all the good laughs and a very catchy tune ("Rule Kanem Bornu" automatically came to my mind whenever I opened up this AAR) and hope to read from you again soon.

Good work and I look forward to your next AAR. May I suggest the Teutonic Order?

EDIT: Scratch the Teutons. They been done. How about the Papal States for some wacky Pope hijinks? :p

Last edited:
Sadly it ends. Thanks for the laughs!

If I were to rate the fun power of your AARs, this one would make a solid second place after Shaybanid, which was wholly awesome.

I would like to put forward a suggestion for your next AAR as well: take Wallachia or and go for a vampire run. Lots of jokes you can feed upon. You could call it:
The byte of the Vempire - an AAR that really sucks

When I was reading James Clavell's Shogun and turned to the last page, I got the same feeling. DoW, couldn't you play out the game and let us know what happened? We have emotions invested in KB and want to know how it turned out. Would it be overwhelmed by Milanese expansionism? Would it unite all of Africa? Pictures are not required, just a couple of paragraphs, if you do play out the game.

In any case, thanks for sharing your humor with us.