• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1520. The year that revolution came to Kanem Bornu.
revolution.jpg

french-revolution-2.jpg

Various revolutionary images

Oh. Wait a minute. I should really read the entire thing before jumping to conclusions. An agricultural revolution? This is much less exciting. Can we at least club a few root vegetables?
317.gif

sawadogo.jpg

The cause of Kanem Bornu's revolution. Muhammad (the farmer, no relation to the prophet, Padishah or myriad other people sharing that name in the Muslim world) indicates that the brown bit of the plant should go in the ground first. This piece of information transforms agriculture in the empire overnight.

In other thrilling economic news Gobir has now attracted other merchants. It now centre of trade after finally acquiring actual trade.
316.jpg

Progress has been great since the early days of Gobir's time as a centre of trade.

38eWomensMarket.jpg

Gobir may not yet be Wall Street but it isn't far off.

As a result of a brief stint in which the colony of Kenya was seized by Zulu in a recent war and held for about a month the new city is frequently subject to nationalist uprising of supporters of the 'old' regime. This doesn't quite make sense, it's as if the inhabitants of this world are operating based on a series of hardcoded rules that aren't flexible enough to cover all situations.
313.png

Worrying news from the east. Foreign devils are traipsing through our lands as if they own them and not even bothering to pay taxes for the privilege. When queried it seemed these strange white men and women are on their way to establish a colony on Madagascar. Best to keep an eye on this for developments or they might try taking our lands too.
314.png

The first sign of European colonisation of Africa south of the Sahara.

Muhammad is dead, long live Muhammad the, errrr, which one are we up to now? Number five.
312.gif

315.jpg

I know these are sequels but you'd think at least someone would vet the script before putting it into production.

Yay, it's back!

I know these are sequels but you'd think at least someone would vet the script before putting it into production.

Maybe the problem is that you don't have the Vetting national idea :D

Duke of Wellington said:
This doesn't quite make sense, it's as if the inhabitants of this world are operating based on a series of hardcoded rules that aren't flexible enough to cover all situations.

Not hardCODED but hardCLUBBED.

This of course means that the rules work as expected, like everything that has been subject to a good clubbing or two.

It's great to see you haven't lost your touch.

And, you're the one with the great imagination.

Last edited:
Say, is Kanem Bornu's favorite medical condition called being a clubfoot?
Also the Awesomeness of your AAR will impress people for generations, inspiring more young writAARs to join the show. You have indebted the community. In a way. Of sorts.

With a ruler like that the best thing to do is to remember what your country stands for, independent of his quality. In that spirit, here's a patriotic emoticon that I think illustrates this point:

fe1mas.jpg

Great to see this AAR back on track, it's really funny :D

This AAR is soooo good, I'm so happy you are keeping it going!!

Might I suggest a united Africa as a motivating goal? I have no experience with WWM so I don't know how much of a undertaking that is, but would love to see a native African state ruling all of Africa and defending against the world :)

Cheers and thanks again!

Voidd

Excellent, a wonderful explanation of the CLub trade. And has Othman been Reborn in a new body!?

Is that Milanese colonist the first? Europeans haven't been poaching your southern African reserve, have they?

Can't you just knock that cart's wheels off or something?

CLUB the carts wheel off.