• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Like a red rag to a bull the red flag of the rebels is demanding attention. It may not be the most eloquent of metaphors, but Kanem Bornu isn't in the business of exporting literature.
:rofl: Good one. Interesting strategy. I'll be curious to see where this takes you.

Nice update, seems that this can be very intresting

Try pulling that trick with France and half of Europe will be over you in less than a second :D

France? Europe?

Surely you meant Hausa? ;)

No uZBEKS to kill?

Not even one?

And a bloodless revolt!? *king does not count as that is obligatory*

Great tactic there, the kind of thing that kind of makes me want IN. However, I've taken a stance against it, as I bought the original for $20 and now they want $40 for the expansions, seems kind of... nasty. Also, not releasing physical copies means I can't go find a deal somewhere, like the place that sold me EU3 for 20 and the HoI Anthology for $8. When the price comes down online, I'll be the first to buy.

I must admit I would have never thought that strategy. That was very good thought! Well done. And now, I join those who want war with Hausa!

The Duke returns! I cant wait to see how this develops.:D

Indeed, a brilliant way to solve the rebel problem without losing any men.

Had you decided to fight they would have beaten you badly and then revolution would have happened anyway. With so little manpower, every man is important.

EnragedKiwi - War on Hausa certainly is a popular option.

daemonofdecay - Glad to be an inspiration :D Thanks.

EUROO7 - That would be a wise course of action I think.

Falastur - A bloodless revolution isn't too exciting but is was the only real course of action available. I probably won't be adding events. EUII was a bit simpler for someone like me with little knowledge of things of that nature, to add events in.

PrawnStar - They are tribal but the revolution didn't change my government. It would have been handy if it had. Maybe it's not possible for a tribal government to change via that method.

M4 Emperior - It should be a bit harder to screw up than Bhutan. That nation is a doomed one any way you look at it.

nette001 - Not yet anyway ;)

comagoosie - It actually worked well though it wasn't really genius. I did play the start a couple of times and there didn't seem to be anyway to stop the rebels. They always win.

Ahura Mazda - Hopefully a different result though.

TheConqueror - I sure hope so.

coz1 - In this situation I did actually practice and it didn't work. I couldn't catch them and eventually they had to fight my army and they always won. Retreat was the only option.

Colonel Bran - Quite right. And they gave more than that too.

Lord Durham - Thanks, great to see you here and reading this. I too am curious to see where I can take this.

Taklagarn - I think so too.

Enewald - That's optimistic but we shall see.

Kami - The infinite loop is a great thing.

Urcules - Thanks, hope you enjoy it.

urdh - This is where it's nice having just one neighbour. Don't have to worry about that sort of thing.

billy bob - No uzbeks here for the time being. But the Timurid Empire does make it to Africa sometimes. Their culture is uzbek so maybe I shall take them on.

demokratickid - We shall see.

GasTurbine - Cool, hope you enjoy it.

Amob_m_s - An understandable stance. Personally it bugs me that you have to buy two expansions to make EUIII what it should have been upon release. Still I'm prepared to pay for it because it does make the game so good.

Capibara - My first response was to fight the rebels but I found quickly that doesn't work. Change for the better in the end.

germanpeon - Great to have you along.

Olaus Petrus - Even with plenty of manpower the result wouldn't have changed. But this way worked well.

but i thought they were uZBEK eneddicans insurgents :eek:

Well, whatever they are, I'll still wager they'll make an appearance. Bloody uZBEKS... :rofl:

flag1.gif

Well with the most pressing issue of revolutionaries now sorted out it's time to get a look at the nation of Kanem Bornu in a little more detail.

13-armies.jpg

We'll start with a review of the armed forces. It turns out that those revolutionaries were actually not the scum of the Earth but rather decent chaps. They've remained loyal to Abu and effectively quadrupled the army overnight.

Our army is composed mainly of clubmen. When it comes to choosing between spears and clubs there are a few factors to consider. In terms of effectiveness it's a case of six one way or a half a dozen the other. But if fun is added into the equation then it quite clearly shifts in favour of the club. As a weapon it is almost exponentially more fun to wield a bashy one than a pokey one.
11-clubs.png

17-club.gif

The club - The most funnest weapon around

But the most important fact to draw from this brief review is that we have a larger army than Hausa. Why is that important? Well, Biri may have had a pathetic live and let live attitude towards Hausa policy but that is certainly not that case with Abu.

7-policy.png

Fresh ideas are always welcome

One economic commentator once described Kanem Bornu as "a bustling, booming and strong economy". He was swiftly clubbed as lying is not seen as a positive virtue in this country.
15-tech.jpg
The economy is best described as small and insignificant. Technological progress is best measured in centuries.

8-industry.jpg
Most of Kanem Bornu produces the vital but not particularly valuable necessities of grain and wool. Only Damagaram is different as a producer of tin. However it is still centuries before someone will think of putting food in a tin, so for now their chief use is as a communication tool over short to medium distances.
18-phones.gif

Tin phones - The chief export of Kanem Bornu

Culturally Kanem Bornu is nicely undiverse. We're all Mali here.
10-culture.jpg

Once religion is mentioned though it gets a bit trickier. Those who rule have seen the light of Islam. Allahu Akbar and all that. Down south though the old beliefs of animism are still going strong.
14-religion.jpg

But at least we aren't the only nation plagued by religion issues. Hausa in particular is having quite a bit of trouble with a large animist rebellion at this very moment.
16-problems.jpg

Surely there will be no better time than this to put Abu's Hausa policy into action?​

Last edited: