• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
#############################
##### KAISERREICH: LEGACY OF THE WELTKRIEG
##### Beta Release I

I realised that the files I have working on my computer are quite different to what was in the last version. So, as I'm off a-wanderin' again tommorrow (to establish a reasonably permanent base back in Blighty...), here's the surprise for today, after you've admired the Playmobil Leibhusaren...

16a%20Leibhusaren%20EsDoc.JPG

http://rapidshare.de/files/19184129/Kaiserreich_Beta_I.zip.html (22.44 MB)

This should be fairly playable, so I've decided to call it Beta I (It's probably more like version 3.1 though...).

Beta I Changelog
(can't remember everything precisely, but definitely includes )
* Various new event chains (Papal Conclave, Timotheus’ foreign reactions to American Civil War, Zuckergußgebäck’s Mittelafrika, AlgOstAsien/China and Papal-Sicilian relations)
* All stuff (including bugs!) from ‘All the Russias 4.0’ integrated
* More new province and event pictures, and shields/flags (many thanks to T-Hiddemen and Turner Benton)
* New ministers for Ireland, California, the Ottoman Empire, China and Russia
* Improvements, bug-fixes and gap-filling in many pre-existing event chains and setup
* By popular demand, Temporary Determistic War Events ->, France will now declare war on Germany for no good reason some time after 1939. Japan, Russia and Britain may also join in.

Any problems, bugs, issues, please post in the new subforum here: http://s11.invisionfree.com/Kaiserreich/index.php - otherwise no-one will ever be able to find them! Also, as big wars should actually break out now, I'd be interested to know the AI actually deals with them.

YAYAYAYAYAY, a more playable version

Is there any reason that memel and the territories that Molotov Rebentrop act gives to germany from poland in normal scenario are not german cores at the beginning of this scenario?

those territories were given to lithuania and poland following the defeat of germany in wwi, since that never happened the territories are as prussian as any other.

also why is germany using american land doctrine?

if they are to be at war in 1939 they best have guderian recearch tanks and not sp art later on.

Other than that. So far I love it

Last edited:
German doctrines as far as I understand it:
1. Well, it is quite possible that Germans did not listen to Guderian since they won "the old way".
2. Balance reasons. Germany is stronger here due to tons of allies, smashed Entente and Russia. Given the best doctrines, Germany would kill off others in an early war.

Cores are not German because it is a beta and they were not added yet :rolleyes:

I've played a Doomsday game as Russia on normal/furious.

It is January 1940 now and here is what happened:
I started as peaceful National Populist Vrangel Russia. All went fine, there was a war with some cities in China (which were annexed by that German ally), nothing serious in Europe in 1936. In USA, Union First (right-wing) party won the elections --> commies and California have seceeded. Commies had less base IC, but more usable due to lack of the peacetime modifier. California was plain weak with 26 (or something around that) base IC.
In early 1937 CSA (commies) DoWed USA and the fun had ensued... Since USA were right-wing, I was influencing them since elections onwards and now we were at + 200 relations. CSA were stronger and broke USA lines. New England fell to CSA, 2/3 of USA army was lost to encirclements... things went badly for USA. At the meantime, I built some transports and was ready to help USA. However, chance of alliance was 0 :rolleyes: Having decided that USA would be desperate for ANY help at that point, I "acceptalled" the alliance and in 2 weeks three Russian 1936 infantry divisions have arrived in Washington... and not a second too soon: Washington was under attack at that moment and was about to fall: one more day and I would have nowhere to land! USA were reduced to less than 20 base IC by that time!
Commie militia was no match for trained Russian troops. 9 more divisions came over the next 2 months and industrial New England was liberated. After that, the tide was turned. While the bulk of CSA and USA armies were fighting in the southeast (midwest has been completely occupied by CSA) Russian troops have taken Chicago (CSA capital). That was followed by a 2-month slaughter of weakened CSA armies and restoration of USA might. By the way, USA a reeealy generous with blueprints ;)
That was followed by a peaceful declaration of war by USA against California and 2 days later... Canada DoWed me... I understand Canada DoWing USA to protect California but instead they DoWed Russia :wacko: I have no idea what happened to Canadian army but I saw none for about 2 months! I landed in Toronto and waltzed to Ottawa unopposed.
At the meantime Germany and Japan went to war over Phillipines. German chinese ally was broken and annexed fast and some German islands were taken. Then, German troops have arrived and a sort of stalemate has ensued.
I fought with Mongolia, taken Transamur (Japan backed down), nothern part of that horde (which was formely Kazakhstan), went interventionalist... all was fine.
On May 1939 I've realized that Russia is not having the empire (core-giving) event!!! That file is not loaded with scenario! I do not know if this was a WAD or a bug, but I have added the file manualy and fired the Wrangel doctrine... Finland got pissed and 2 weeks later was a part of Russia.

I have anticipated a Great War against the mighty Germany. My infantry army ( I went towards infiltration) was waiting till 1942 (when I'll have all techs) and would unleash death at 2 AM... but...
France DoWed Germany in the middle of 1939. I decided to check what forces did both sides have. I typed "nofog" and... Germany had only a few 1-division armies at the borders. In a week, they had NONE. mighty Germany has fallen to French in about 2 months... only a bunch of islands in the Pacific had German flag waiving over them! Germany sent A-L-L their forces against Japan... ALL ...
I DoWed German alliance ASAP and grabbed most of my cores.
Once the last German pocket in Europe was liquidated... Austria and her puppets signed alliance with Germany... And got in war against commies, Russia and USA... so far, they've been protected by winter. Once spring comes, they will be sodomized. After that... I do not know how long will France sit back watching at ultra-right dictatorship... Looks like soon, Russia and my sidekicks in USA will face the Red Hordes...

The scenario is great, but Germany dying so easily is a big problem. Is there a way to convince Germany that Europe is more important that Phillipines?

ok to fix the bug with provinces please change the

national provinces line in germany.inc to

nationalprovinces = { 66 67 68 69 70 74 75 76 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 206 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 374 375 376 473 482 510 72 73 316 71 }

this adds

68 liege 69 bastogne 70 arlon 206 memel 303 danzig 306 bydgozcz and 307 poznan
===============================
yes i think there is a way. have the german navy have as few transports as possible. give transports to the allies so they woudl be occupied themselves

switch them back to the doctrine they are designed for, manpower wise and ic wise and the timings of their war are appropriate for german techtree.

due to popular demand the french attack in 1939.

That, and I really really hate seeing "Blitzkrieg" and "Schwerpunkt" and "Kampfgruppe" not on my techtree. call me old fashioned

Last edited:
tarakan said:
That, and I really really hate seeing "Blitzkrieg" and "Schwerpunkt" and "Kampfgruppe" not on my techtree. call me old fashioned
We have descided to change it into french. Why this wasn´t included, I have no idea.

the french doctrine is Human Wave. Large Front.

while we are on doctrines.

Do you think that the english should have the infiltration tree? since now they are limited in manpower more so than in vanilla? like the japanese were in vanilla.

tarakan said:
You can always get DD and abandon the undesired doctrine ;)

I realy doubt that Germany, being an overlord, would have followed the same way as Germany IRL (who were "underdogs").
Germany is in a position similar to that of USA in 1936: big, rich with no one threatening them too much... unlike it was historicaly: small, weakened, desperate to win fast and bound to lose otherwise... Hence the doctrines.

Last edited:
NikkTheTrick said:
You can always get DD and abandon the undesired doctrine ;)

I realy doubt that Germany, being an overlord, would have followed the same way as Germany IRL (who were "underdogs").
Germany is in a position similar to that of USA in 1936: big, rich with no one threatening them too much... unlike it was historicaly: small, weakened, desperate to win fast and bound to lose otherwise... Hence the doctrines.

True, however, Germany was also big on creating new ways of waging war against it's enemies, even when it was already winning. For example, the Stormtrooper divisions were made to quickly break through the French lines before the bulk of the US troops could arrive, and did quite a good job, and might have succeeded had the original strategy been followed to the letter. I think they would still see the usefulness in Blitzkrieg. After all, the quicker you can end the war, the better.

Then again, some of the more old fashion Junker Generals might have opposed the new-fangled doctrine. ;)

SeanB said:
True, however, Germany was also big on creating new ways of waging war against it's enemies, even when it was already winning. For example, the Stormtrooper divisions were made to quickly break through the French lines before the bulk of the US troops could arrive, and did quite a good job, and might have succeeded had the original strategy been followed to the letter. I think they would still see the usefulness in Blitzkrieg. After all, the quicker you can end the war, the better.

Then again, some of the more old fashion Junker Generals might have opposed the new-fangled doctrine. ;)
Stormtroopers were not created when Germany was winning. After all, historicaly Germany lost World War I...
Besides, Britain also used kind of stormtroopers, but their doctrines in WWII were far from blitzkrieg :rolleyes:

In this scenario Germany barely-barely won, so when stormtroopers came in situation was way different from 1936 here where Germany is an overlord over the Europe.

German military in WWII aimed at quickly collapsing her stronger opponents. In this scenario, however, German army is used (up untill the fateful French assault in 1939) to prop up German colonies, satellites and allies: to keep order over the Europe. Therefore, I would consided US tech tree to be more appropriate.

Hey, this is very experimental, but what about Russia's conversion to Catholicism?
If Denikin and the conservatives take power, this might seem like a good move to switch to a similiar yet new church, not only getting rid off the corruption of the old church in the eyes of the people, but also managing to dissascociate themselves from the bad parts of the Romanov past and associate themselves with the good parts through religion.
Of course the mod still needs to be worked on to integrate already announced aspects, but when said work is more or less done, think about adding this in.
And if there is no conversion, possibly a holy war with the Turks which results in retaking Constantinople to raise Russia's prestige among the Orthodox nations?
Also, I remember I volunteered to look over OOBs a while ago, but only did so for Belarus before you disappeared.
If you'll tell me where the OOBs of Russia (and possibly other Slavis language nations, in particular Serbia, Ukraine and Bulgaria) I could look over and filter out the innapropriate ones.
Minor work, but why not do it for a slight bit more authenticity?

NikkTheTrick said:
Stormtroopers were not created when Germany was winning. After all, historicaly Germany lost World War I...
Besides, Britain also used kind of stormtroopers, but their doctrines in WWII were far from blitzkrieg :rolleyes:

In this scenario Germany barely-barely won, so when stormtroopers came in situation was way different from 1936 here where Germany is an overlord over the Europe.

German military in WWII aimed at quickly collapsing her stronger opponents. In this scenario, however, German army is used (up untill the fateful French assault in 1939) to prop up German colonies, satellites and allies: to keep order over the Europe. Therefore, I would consided US tech tree to be more appropriate.

Well, they lost eventually, but they were winning when they were created. They were still in France and Belgium, and had just reccently defeated Russia, considered before the war to be a major power. I would say they were winning. ;)

SeanB said:
Well, they lost eventually, but they were winning when they were created. They were still in France and Belgium, and had just reccently defeated Russia, considered before the war to be a major power. I would say they were winning. ;)

Yes, but you don't need stormtroopers to put down local revolts in China, Ukraine, Baltic Duchy, China, etc.

Do you?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I mean after all, that's all Germany has been doing and that's what they think they will be doing right :rolleyes: .

Edit: Wow, the 93rd page, WOW

SeanB said:
In 1917 Germans were not winning. They were mired in stalemate and situation at home was growing worse and worse. German spring offensive in 1918 was done out of desperation to knock out allies as fast as possible. The goal was to take Paris, as soon as possible, at any cost... Germans knew that another year of war would kill them (as it actualy did).
In this scenario, defeat was a near-miss for Germany. They became a dominant superpower and would focus on more down-to-earth doctrines. As I've said, they are mostly fighting rebels rather than strong armies.

Seylanov said:
Hey, this is very experimental, but what about Russia's conversion to Catholicism?
If Denikin and the conservatives take power, this might seem like a good move to switch to a similiar yet new church, not only getting rid off the corruption of the old church in the eyes of the people, but also managing to dissascociate themselves from the bad parts of the Romanov past and associate themselves with the good parts through religion.
I realy doubt that. Whites used Orthodox religion whenever they could, so they did not view it as corrupt - at least no more corrupt than catholicism.
White comanders, like Denikin, are in high esteem in the scenario. They can also be expected to be quite nationalistic and, therefore, would not let conversion happen.
Besides, there is already an impressive Orthodoxy event system...
Seylanov said:
And if there is no conversion, possibly a holy war with the Turks which results in retaking Constantinople to raise Russia's prestige among the Orthodox nations?
Good idea for an event chain, a sequence to the already existing orthodoxy chain.
Seylanov said:
Also, I remember I volunteered to look over OOBs a while ago, but only did so for Belarus before you disappeared.
If you'll tell me where the OOBs of Russia (and possibly other Slavis language nations, in particular Serbia, Ukraine and Bulgaria) I could look over and filter out the innapropriate ones.
Minor work, but why not do it for a slight bit more authenticity?
Russian leaders need fixing: a lot of them are clones! I had Vlasov clones fighting in Belarus and Manchuco at the same time!

NikkTheTrick said:
In 1917 Germans were not winning. They were mired in stalemate and situation at home was growing worse and worse. German spring offensive in 1918 was done out of desperation to knock out allies as fast as possible. The goal was to take Paris, as soon as possible, at any cost... Germans knew that another year of war would kill them (as it actualy did).
In this scenario, defeat was a near-miss for Germany. They became a dominant superpower and would focus on more down-to-earth doctrines. As I've said, they are mostly fighting rebels rather than strong armies.

They were winning in the eyes of the world. Yes, their economic situation was dire, but the Entente during the Spring offensive thought they were going to lose the war. Without American support just over the horizon, Germany would have likely been more confident in this time line. They defeated France, however Britain kept on fighting. Italy surrendered then I think, though I'm not sure. But in any case they eventually did win. Germany would have likely had a more grounded peace time docrtine, but I don't think they would have completely ignored new tactics like Blitzkrieg, assuming it was still developed, and that is a big if.

Zuckergußgebäck said:
We have descided to change it into french. Why this wasn´t included, I have no idea.

:D - Because it seemed to just be a suggestion, rather than a definite thing to include!

Also, the French don't actually have that doctrine path - I'm only using it at the moment to model small skilled and highly mobile forces like Sternberg's Mongols or the Cossacks.