• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(31953)

Sergeant
Jul 15, 2004
(note: questions are at the end if you want to skip to long appreciation post)

I am so happy to have spent 20$ on this :) [I should have spent something on a spell checker too...] I'll finally be able to finish my EU2 mod. With the 1000 countries I can have as many as I need; Ill be able to put AoI / AGCEEP together with the flag-style shields; Ill be able to have two versions of Brazil: Ancient Brazil and Brazil so I can have a very populated Rio de Janeiro/Sao Paulo/Porto Alegre/Mexico/Los Angeles/Manhattan that wont depends on the AI winning/failing. I'll be able to have 52 revolters states in the US if I feel like it, and I'll be able to easily write events on new states joined the confederation/union and new provinces joining in Canada. I can finally forego the papacy when Italy is formed if I feel like it. I finally can do separated flags set so I can change to whatever I like in a mod without having to overwrite them or do a separated full eu2 folder. Also the colonies.txt works this time, so I could always put the city names I want for each countries and let them colonize some parts of the world without wondering about the correct city names later in the game.

Theres no population limit either, so I will be able to put a tokyo with 5m inhabitants in 1419 so it can have 20m in the 1900s. I'll finally be able to have a mostly determined scenario where I can finally do a struggle for Africa and end up with Lagos being one of the most populous city in Africa. I'll be able to make up as many cultures as I need!!! I can't believe I can play forever if I want to, like pretend that technology didn't go past the 1800s level and play to year 20000 if I want to.

I am so blown away. I can even add religions if I want to play as Israel! I can fine tune those protestants groups, and make sub-religions.
I can control exactly what happens on tech levels and add some. I can add whatever goods I want (and change them in events later... natural gas/oil/coil anyone ;) ? )

Whoever made this made me extremely happy today. I'm finally going to be able to do 98% of what my dream game was to be, because you enabled me to do so.

The bug where the AI would never give you any territorries except his own proposal even if I had 100% war score is gone. The game looks better and seems faster. I do have a few negative points, but it's nothing compared to everything this version of EU2 has enabled me to do. (ex: no new map, still stuck with the same incorrect, uncomplete map). I haven't tested much so far, but I really hope the AI is smarter especially in regards to rebellions. It got annoying pretty quick having to put lvl 6 fortresses on AI colonies because they couldn't keep them.

Finally a mod debug, where I don't have to look for 1 hour to find out why the game won't load a file I just changed. And an history log where I can find out wheter events fired or not and what the AI picked. Hey the only remaining thing would be an SDK so we could easily parse scenarios files/savegames/data files to make mod tools ;)

Questions
=======
Are there any new scripts commands? ex: something to remove a religious leader so its possible to form italy with rome as the capital.

or an event to change the name of a city?

Thank them by sporting the FtG avatar.

Are there any new scripts commands? ex: something to remove a religious leader so its possible to form italy with rome as the capital.

or an event to change the name of a city?
Happy for you! (and please register)

We plan to release a script engine bible. And yes, there is a command to change the name of a city:
cityname which = provid value = "newname"

Happy for you! (and please register)

Done.

I had another question, I tried to add a religion. It worked but I can't change tolerance towards other religions (its the only one in the list). I figured out I had to edit /religions/global_flags.txt. I modified the flag_start section but the game CTD, I would like to know what I have to modify to make it works?

Also, I noticed in AGCEEP that the game seems to ignore what's in 1419_Provinces_Misc.inc. After my own test (culture / religion changes) I noticed the game seems to completly ignore the province tag in a scenario file (and yes it's included to the base scenario file).

Thanks

I had another question, I tried to add a religion. It worked but I can't change tolerance towards other religions (its the only one in the list). I figured out I had to edit /religions/global_flags.txt. I modified the flag_start section but the game CTD, I would like to know what I have to modify to make it works?
Better see what you have done and other modders could help you too. Please post changes. enable_religion and tolerance sections are the keys.

Also, I noticed in AGCEEP that the game seems to ignore what's in 1419_Provinces_Misc.inc. After my own test (culture / religion changes) I noticed the game seems to completly ignore the province tag in a scenario file (and yes it's included to the base scenario file).
I don't understand. Start a game with China and you will see Vietnamese provinces have the revoltrisk that is specified in this file. Same for looted Dalmatia and Istria.