Just the facts, ma'am : collected information from the devs - READ BEFORE POSTING!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the overview! :)
I just hope, that the game will be at least as complex as EU3... Most of the games are tending in the mainstream direction these days...

Thank you for the overview! :)
I just hope, that the game will be at least as complex as EU3... Most of the games are tending in the mainstream direction these days...
And that's one of the many reasons (probably the main reason) why I love Paradox. They know their audience and they make games for us, instead of dumbing down their games trying to get Farmville players (Civilization comes to mind)

Please, mark any new info in the first post with a * or something, i don't wanna read all the post to find the news.

Lots of people (including me) requesting things for this thread. How about we all pitch in and post here in a quote-ready form with date and link and all so that the OP can just copy-paste it into the first post?

Please, mark any new info in the first post with a * or something, i don't wanna read all the post to find the news.

I'm not going to do that, Besaccia. I's simply too much of a chore to constantly remember to update the little stars whenever I decide an information is not new anymore. (When would that even be?). I want to avoid this project feeling like a chore, to increase the odds that I'll keep doign it.

I'll try to figure out a way to facilitate things as you asked, though.

I'm not going to do that, Besaccia. I's simply too much of a chore to constantly remember to update the little stars whenever I decide an information is not new anymore. (When would that even be?). I want to avoid this project feeling like a chore, to increase the odds that I'll keep doign it.

I'll try to figure out a way to facilitate things as you asked, though.

A good idea would be to (with the help of moderators, if possibly) keep this thread without discussion, so that all posts are posts with new info (either that you post, or from other posters who contribute it in quote-ready form). That way, everyone just needs to check if there's unread posts and read those to find the new information. And then maybe add a date to new quotes added to the first post.

Adding a date would be feasible, I think.

Looking at the england/ france ss:
-Fort capturing looks similar to ck2 ( look at Caux)

Denmark ss:
Troop transport loading and unloading looks similar to ck2 as well where transport ships are recruited, not built? Look at didderence between the carrack on the ocean and the transports in sjælland port with (presumably) troops loaded on. Or maybe ships in dock become miniatures. Any speculation?

Interface changes slightly. The monarchs effect stats are posted a few pixels to the right of "Denmark" and the flag.

Cote d'azur ss:
Trade routes are both overland and overseas.

Sorry if anything is redundant. I didn't it on front page.

herrhals, I'm goign to avoid posting guesses from screenshots. While they are often very shrewd guesses, I can't be sure enough there isn't another possible interpretation to add them.

Of course, if there is no other possible interpretation (for example: "there are four agent types, not five"), I'll add that. But beyond that there's just too much interpretation involved.

Cote d'azur ss:
Trade routes are both overland and overseas.

Actually there's some inland trade routes in that pic, maybe we'll finally get a proper silk route?

Honestly I'd be happier if some of the features of Magna Mundi would be included. I worked too hard to see all of that to be shelved. Of course it won't happen because the ongoing legal dispute between UV and Pdox :(

Please, let's keep discussion out of this thread and just post facts.

ON BADBOY:

-As things stand now, badboy will be removed from the game. (King 15-08-2012)

-A more nuanced system is intended where the AI is aware of expansionist nations, and what to do about it (King 15-08-2012)

Updated to add both of these. Thanks Raph!

Please, let's keep discussion out of this thread and just post facts.

ON BADBOY:

-As things stand now, badboy will be removed from the game. (King 15-08-2012)

-A more nuanced system is intended where the AI is aware of expansionist nations, and what to do about it (King 15-08-2012)

I am already counting down the days. I cannot wait. It sounds like it is going to be awesome overhaul of my favorite game. Thanks to all.

While sorting that way would make it easier for you (and people who have already checked it), sorting it the other way would make things messed up for new readers.

Actually, that sounds like it could be a useful improvement over how I do things right now. I'll try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.